The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 9

It was another normal school day for me. I parked in the school parking lot. I got my book bag and climbed out of the car. I flipped my neat hair out of my eyes and walked over to my friends.
I heard the familiar sound of a motorcycle behind me, I turned around just in time to see Morgan take off her helmet and flipped her hair over her shoulder.
God she was perfect.
I quickly looked away and headed over to Jenny and Shelby. I hugged the two of them and we headed inside to our lockers.

[Morgan point of view]

I made my way over to Will, he was under our tree as always. We interlocked our fingers and headed inside to my locker.
On our way we passed the nerds and Will whispered “Nerd Herd” in my ear and I smiled slightly he, then, kissed my cheek and we continued walking.
Today was another normal day for me.
Lunch rolled around and I quickly headed to the cafeteria. Will wanted to take me out to lunch today and wanted me to meet him there. Just as I arrived the Nerd Herd walked in. I mentally sighed.
Were they going to haunt me forever?

[Randy’s point of view]

I saw Morgan and looked away.
The gang and I headed to our table. We sat down and unpacked out lunches.
I sighed; I needed a spoon and they were where Morgan was. I took a deep breath before walking over.
I smiled and she nodded. I grabbed a fork and walked passed again.
“I’m done reading our chapters, so whenever you want to start the powerpoint…”
“Oh, I have one my chapter; I’m going to get it done tonight. Just start, I’ll catch up,” she said as she looked at her phone.
“Okay,” I said quickly walking away.
I sat down and joined the conversation.

[Morgan’s point of view]

Will finally came to the cafeteria and we headed to his car.
“What took you so long?” I asked taking his hand.
“Um…I had to help clean up my Physics lab.”
I made a face. “Jill is a big girl, she can clean it herself.”
“What happened to not being insecure?” he asked.
“Funny!” I said pushing him away from me.
Will laughed and unlocked his car. We headed to Whole Foods and hung out before leaving and having a quickie in the car.
Once at school I had English with half of the Nerd Herd. This is what I get for taking AP classes.
I did my best to ignore them, but they have this habit of raising their hand all the time…
******
The last bell rang and I hurried to my locker. I had a game today.
Will gave me a kiss for good luck before I headed into the girls’ bathroom.
Most of the other field hockey players where in the bathroom already. We all quickly dressed and headed out to the field together.
The freshman got the water and the seniors led the warm up routine.
Our coach gave us our starting line up and a quick peep talk. We said out cheer and the starts ran onto the field. I got on the right side of the field and the game started shortly.

[Randy’s point of view]

The guys and I slowly made our way over to the girls’ field hockey game. There was something about a bunch of girls running around in short skirts that enchanted us.
Just as we arrived most of the football team sat down on the bleachers. I guess they had the same thought.
The guys and I stood and helped cheer on our team.
Morgan looked up as she slowly walked backwards down the field and blow Will a kiss.
I took a deep breath and suggested that we watched the girls’ tennis team instead.
********

[Morgan’s point of view]

A few days later I was over Randy’s house to help finish our power point. He did slides five through seven and I did the rest. We were just putting it together and making sure it looked neat.
I wasn’t mentally into the project. The football team had a huge game tonight. The girls and I were trying to figure out our plans before the game.
“How does this look?” Randy asked.
“I’m sure it looks fine,” I said typing away. I sighed and looked up. “Sorry.” I looked over at the screen. “Looking good,” I said looking back at my phone.
“Cool…”
Moments later Randy stood up, “all done.”
“Great!” I said grabbing my things. “Make sure to email it to Mrs. Wall.”
“Already did,” he said smiling.
“Great,” I said heading to his front door.
“Have fun at the game!”
“You aren’t going?”
“Nah, I’m not into school functions.”
“Why not?”
“I’m not that important compared to the high school royals,”
“You can still go and have fun,” I said facing him.
“Yeah, but I would like to go somewhere with out hearing whispers of ‘Nerd Alert’ everywhere.”
I smiled. “Sorry about that…”
“It’s fine. High school sucks.”
“No, people suck.”
“Also very true.”
I smiled. “Well, I’ll see you around,” I said opening his front door.
“Morgan,” Randy said touching my arm.
“Yeah?” I asked facing him.
Randy stepped towards me and froze. I raised my eyebrow at him.
Don’t do it!
He quickly captured my lips with his and rested his hand on my waist.
He did it…