The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 11

I woke up early and decided to go to the gym. I could be as hot as Will is if I got a little bigger and didn’t comb my hair.
I decided to try the look out today. I put on an old t shirt and basketball shorts. I left my hair undo and bushed my teeth. I deiced not to shave either. Girls like guys with facial hair. Not a little baby face like myself.
I ran my fingers through my hair and finished getting ready for the gym.

[Morgan’s point of view]

“Babe,” Will said nuzzling his face against my neck.
I smiled and opened my eyes, “hey”.
“Should I sneak out or are your parents gone?”
“I think we’re good,” I said kissing him.
“Good,” he said breaking away. “We’re going to Charlie’s party today.”
“I know,” I said looking him in the eyes. He was so happy. Why is he always so damn happy?
“What?” he asked brushing hair out of my face.
“Why are you so happy?”
Will grinned and laughed. “I have an amazing girlfriend, we’re undefeated in football and I got a scholarship, a full ride to Temple.”
“Baby that’s great,” I said hugging him.
He hugged me back and kissed my cheek. “I’m not sure if I want to go there. I have my eyes set on Penn State.”
“I know but babe, a full ride? That’s crazy. I’m so proud of you!”
“Thanks Morgan, that means a lot coming from you.”
I smiled and my heart sank; Randy flashed in my head for a moment and I brushed it off.
“Morgan… I wanted to tell you in a more… romantic setting but… I’m starting to really fall for you…”
I looked at Will with my mouth open. I had no idea. I don’t even know if I feel the same anymore.
Randy’s kiss was like the kiss of death. Why can’t I stop thinking about it? I was starting to feel really guilty…
“Will… I had no idea. Baby, I think I could be too…” I said…lied…
He smiled and kissed me pulling me on top of him.

[Randy’s point of view]

I walked into my house feeling really good after my workout; like I could concur anything. I hurried downstairs to get the lawnmower so my mom wouldn’t yell at me about it later.
Maybe I should tell her how I feel. In a letter? Face to face? Over text? I don’t have her number.
I dragged the mower outside just as a car pulled up the house.
“What is wrong with you?” Julia yelled out the car window.
“Nice to see you too,” I said walking over to her.
“You kissed her?” she hissed.
“She told you?”
“No shit, I’m her best friend. How could you?”
“I’m in love with her.”
“Too bad, my best friend is not into you.”
“What if I change my look?” I asked smiling.
“Or find a girl who likes you for you.”
“Or I could dress and look differently” I said putting a facemask on.
“You know what? I was going to save you the embarrassment but sure make an ass of yourself. I know Morgan and I know you cousin, she’s not into you.”
I shrugged.
“Why do you think she is anyway?”
“Something about that kiss…”
Julia rolled her eyes and walked away. “Don’t say I didn’t try to help you.”
“Tell her that we’re family.”
“I don’t want a death wish!” she said getting into her car.

[Morgan’s point of view]

Will took me out to breakfast before dropping me home.
I blasted music from my bedroom and cleaned my room. The shitty part was that I had to see Randy again… alone. We made plans to go over our assignment; we had to present.
Maybe we could do it over text.
I grabbed my phone then remembered I didn’t have his number.
I looked at the clock. I had two hours before our meeting. Maybe I could bring someone. I sent out a mass text to my girls and waited for a reply.
‘I got you girl!’ Julia said moments later.
‘love you!’ I texted back and fell on my bed and sighed. Now how and when am I going to tell Will? It didn’t feel right not telling him especially after this morning.
“Shit!” I yelled before punching my pillow as my phone buzzed.
‘We’ll make a day for it, I’m coming over in a few’ Julia texted.
‘Okay’ I texted back and finished cleaning my room.

[Randy’s point of view]

Once done with the lawn I made my way upstairs and cleaned my room.
My phone buzzed on my bed and I picked it up.
‘I’m joining your meeting with Morgan so no funny business’ Julia texted.
‘Why?’ I texted back.
‘I was invited’ she texted moments later.
I rolled my eyes and quickly finished my room. I only had an hour left.
Afterwards I took a quick shower and dressed in my new style and waited for the girls to come.

[Morgan’s point of view]

Julia knocked on the door and I tapped my foot anxiously.
“You okay boo?” she asked looking at me.
“Yeah…”
“Don’t over think this. Will is perfect for you and he loves you,” she said nudging me.
I smiled as the door opened. I put on my poker face and look at Randy.
Holy shit! Who the hell is this?