The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 12

Julia brushed passed him and I quickly followed.
“Let’s just hurry up and get this over with,” I said walking over to the computer.
Randy joined us, after closing the front door. He looks different: hair uncombed, ripped jeans, a tank top and he had a slight beard. He looked… Manly. I didn’t realize I was checking him out until Julia tapped my arm.
I looked over at her and she gave me a look. “Sorry,” I whispered.
“You can talk about the slides that you worked on and I’ll talk about mine. Your slides are first so, you’ll be doing most of the talking at first… I’ll chime in every now and then but yeah.”
“Sounds like a plan,” I said heading towards the door.
“Make sure to make flash cards to help you present.”
I rolled my eyes, “I know”.
Randy gave me a small smile and ran his hand through his hair.
It was time for me to go. “I’ll see you at school,” I said as Julia and I headed towards the door.
“Bye!” he called as we left.
“Who the hell was that?” I asked as I headed towards her car.
“Randy,” she said rolling her eyes at me.
“He was kind of hot.”
“Ew, Morgan, please stop”.
“What’s so bad about him? Just because he’s a nerd doesn’t mean he’s not hot. Admit it, he was kind of attractive.”
“I rather now,” Julia said getting into her car. I got into the passenger seat and we headed to Quinn’s house to pick her up.
“Randy and Will aren’t totally different people. Will hot intelligent jock, good looking and funny and head of the school top of the food chain. Randy is a nerd who never lives his house and spends his time trying to beat his chess high score. He’s lame and is at the bottom of the food chain.” Julia went on and on.
“All I’m saying is that he looked really good day. Like hello yes you can buy me a drink. I’m not saying I’d leave Will for him I’m just saying.”
“Okay well I’m just saying Will is high school royalty which makes you high school royalty”.
“I don’t care that much about ruling the school, Julia”.
“Just… forget about him. He’s a loser”.
“A hot loser,” I muttered.
“Stop saying that,” she said as we reached Quinn’s house.
We walked into the front door and walked in. “We’re here bitches!” Julia shouted as the girls hurried down stairs. We had a party to attend.
[Randy’s point of view]

“So… she was digging your new look?” James asked.
“Yes! She was shocked. I think I have an actual chance with her,” I said running my hands through my hair. I called the guys over to tell them about Morgan and I…and about Shelby.
“So now what?” Jimmy asked.
“Well… I need to get her alone somehow without Will or Quinn”.
“Well… how do you plan on doing that?” Jimmy asked again.
“Yeah and what about Shelby?” James asked.
“Shelby and I are a no go. I’m too in love with Morgan to even worry about her”.
“There’s a party tonight at one of the football players’ house,” James stated looking on his phone.
“Oh…” I said smiling. “Which player?”
“Hold on…” he muttered. “Guys have to pay five bucks to get in, unless you’re a football player or a male cheerleader they have to pay ten…that’s kinda mean”.
“Just guys?” Jimmy asked.
“Duh, why make the ladies pay?” James said. “Alright! Charlie Banks’ house tonight at nine”.
“I’m going,” I said leaving my room.
“The party isn’t until nine where are you going?” James yelled after me.
“I’m getting the school directory,” I yelled back as I rummaged through my mom’s desk. “Found it!” I hurried back to my room franticly flipping through it.
“What’s your plan? Get her alone talk to her have her fall in love with you, come on Randy! This isn’t a romantic novel” James said.
“Found it! 3421 Old Myers Road,” I said smiling. “I have to get ready”.
James and Jimmy rolled their eyes and sat down on my bed. “Be careful man, don’t do anything stupid,” James said.
“Yeah… don’t get the stuffing kicked out of you again,” Jimmy said.
“I won’t,” I said walking into my bathroom.
I had to get ready.

[Morgan’s point of view]

The girls and I rolled up to Charlies’ party looking hot. Our dates were already inside the party. We entered the loud living room and headed to the basement where the real party was. I grabbed a bottle of beer and joined Will and the rest of the girls’ dates. I gave him a kiss and pulled him onto the dance floor. He was already kinda drunk and was all over me. We danced and grinded as loud rap music played. His hand grabbed my ass and he leaned down to talk to me. “Let’s go to the bathroom”.
“Will I’m not having sex with you when you’re drunk and we’re at a party,” I said slightly laughing.
“Then why do you look all sexy for?”
I laughed. “I’m going to get something to eat. I’ll be back.” I hurried up the basement stairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a slice of pizza just as Randy caught my eye.
Looking. Hot. Again.

[Randy’s point of view]

There she was. Looking amazing.
Will would probably call her sexy.
I would call her Aphrodite.
I walked over to her and she started to smile. I noticed the beer in her hand. That could come to my aid.
“Hey Morgan,” I said as confidently as I could.
“What are you doing here?”
“I had some time and an extra five bucks.”
She laughed. “Well have fun grab a beer”.
“Would you like to dance with me instead?”
She paused and looked down at the basement. “Sure…”
I smiled and followed her into the living room. She started to move her hips and I awkwardly stood behind her. I wasn’t quite sure how to gyrate with someone. She turned her head around and smiled at me before stepping back towards me. Her butt brushed my groin and she kept dancing. Once her pizza was finished she faced me and lead me over to a little corner where the music wasn’t as loud.
“So you got me alone what do you want?” she asked with a slight smile, still dancing. Her arms were around my neck and my hand were on her waist.
“I just wanted to talk and get to you know,” I said honestly.
“You already know me, I want to get to know you”.
“No the real you”.
Her smile widened. “Let’s play twenty questions”.
I laughed “Ladies first”.
Morgan and I talked for majority of the night. We laughed, danced, flirted and I even had my first beer. She was amazing and gorgeous and perfect. Morgan pressed her body closer to mine and leaned in, then hesitated.
I smiled and brushed my lips against hers.
“Oh what the hell,” she muttered then kissed me.
And what a kiss it was.