The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 14

I pulled up to Morgan’s house ten minutes early, needless to say I was excited and nervous. I sat in my car for a few seconds, trying to calm myself down. I looked over at the flowers on the passenger seat and slowly picked them up.
Show time, I thought to myself as I got out the car. I walked up her front steps and rang the doorbell. I felt myself get even more nervous.
The front door opened and Mrs. Barns opened the front door smiling.
“Hello?” she said caught a little off guard.
I smiled, “Hi, Mrs. Barns. I’m Randy a friend of Morgan. Is she ready?”
Her mom smiled a little brighter and opened the door for me to come in, “Morgan, honey, Randy is here.”
“One moment!” I heard Morgan yell.
“She should be down soon, why don’t we put these flowers in some water?” Mrs. Brans led me into the kitchen.

[Morgan’s point of view]

I was freaking out.
Randy was downstairs waiting for me and I couldn’t bring myself to go downstairs. I was pacing around my room thinking about Will and what my friends would think.
I looked myself in the mirror and sighed. A little part of me knew this is what I wanted but the other part of me knew that I loved being the queen of the school. I loved being in charge. I didn’t want to lose all of that for…Randy.
I sprayed a little more perfume and headed down stairs. I could hear Randy and my mom chatting and laughing in the kitchen. That’s something Will could never do.
“Hey,” I said shyly as I entered the kitchen. Randy looked so handsome, not nerdy at all. He’s really stepping his game up for me.
He smiled at me and motioned to the vase, “These…um… are for you,” he said as my mom smiled at me.
He managed to win her over.
“Thank you,” I said smiling at him. “Should we head out?”
“Yeah,” he said. “It was nice to meet you Mrs. Barns”.
“The pleasure was all mine, you two kids have fun,” she said as we headed to the front door. Randy opened the door for me and I thanked him. The hard part is over I thought as I walked to his car.
“So,” he said as we climbed in. “Where to?”
I chuckled, “I was hoping you would have an idea about that”.
“Well…” he said sighing. “I don’t want to take you anywhere your friends would be”.
I laughed again, “That’s a good point, but tonight it’s just you and me”.
He smiled and took my hand. I felt myself blush and I quickly looked out the window.
“My dad is a member at a country club, we could dine there,” he said starting up the car.
“That doesn’t sound half bad,” I said smiling.
“Great, alright, we’re doing this.”
“We sure are.”
“Ready?”
“Drive the car, Randy,” I said chuckling. He laughed and drove off.

[Randy’s point of view]

We chatted as I drove. I was surprised we didn’t talk about school or homework once. We were actually getting to know each other more and laughing and making jokes. She was more amazing that I thought.
Halfway through the drive she placed my hand on her thigh and gave me a little smile. I felt myself get nervous again but kept my hand there.
Once we reached the county club we quickly made our way inside and found a seat outside. She ordered the chicken and I ordered the stake. Our conversation feel silent after our waiter left.
“This is so weird to me,” she said chuckling slightly.
“What is?”
“Being on a first date again. I always thought that Will was it, but here I am.”
“I can understand that…this is my first date ever…”
She gave me a look, “didn’t you go on a date with that Jenny girl?”
“It was one sided, she’s just a friend to me.”
“Well, she’s not going to be happy that I’m here with you.”
“All that matters to me is that you and I are happy.”
She smiled at me, “Well I’m glad that I’m here, that’s for sure.”
“Good.”
Morgan just smiled at me and all I could do was smile back.

[Morgan’s point of view]

I couldn’t stop fucking smiling all throughout dinner. He was just so not Randy. He was confident, funny, handsome and so damn smooth. We headed to the car hand in hand.
Once we got there I stopped walked and looked at him. He gave me a confused look and I just smiled. After a while he smiled back and I kissed him.
And I didn’t care who saw.
He held me close to him and I play with his beard and ran my hand up and down his chest.
I liked kissing him.
I slowly pulled away and rested my forehead against his. “I like you,” I whispered.
He smiled, “I liked you too,” he whispered.
“I like, really really like you though,” I said sighing.
“The feeling is mutual,” he said before kissing me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and enjoyed being close to him. I also enjoyed kissing a guy and not having it lead to anything.
He pulled away and smiled at me. I smiled back as he took my hand. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I just don’t know how this is going to work at school on Monday,” I said honestly. “Will is probably going to try to kick your ass and try to get back with me. Also people are going to know that Will and I aren’t together and I don’t know if I’m willing to just change the dynamic of our school just for you. No offence, but Randy come on. We have two different worlds, I don’t think I want to give up mine.”
Randy let go of my hand, “I should have known this wasn’t going to work.”
“What are you talking about?”
“You like me but you’re scared of what everyone else thinks. Honestly, Morgan, you will run the school no matter what. They are all sleep you are Mary.”
“I don’t believe that,” I said as I paced around. “Give me a week to figure this shit out okay?”
“Does this mean that we’re dating?” he asked as he walked over to me, smiling.
I smiled, “We’re on a test run.” Randy smiled and kissed me again. “You have one week,” he said against my lips.
I smiled and pulled him closer to me.
I had one week.