The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 16

People kept on staring at Randy and me all day. Our new friendship was turning more heads than I thought. People kept on asking me why we’re friends, I just told them to get to know him. He maybe a nerd but he’s a really fun guy to be with.
Will was less than pleased about me hanging out with Randy. People were starting to figure out that we were no longer a couple and getting dumped because of Randy wasn’t a good look for him. I tried my best to keep my head down and get through the day with as little drama as possible.

[Randy’s point of view]

I felt so much cooler next to Morgan. She had this confidence that I could never have, but I felt so confident next to her. She really did own this school. People were much nicer to me and my friends.
At lunch Morgan and I went our separate ways. I sat with my friends and she sat with hers.
“Hey guys,” I said as I sat down. “What’s up?”
“Why don’t you tell us?” Jenny said with a little sass.
“What do you mean?”
“You and Morgan!” Jimmy said smiling.
“Yeah, when did that happen?” Shelby said.
“About four days ago,” I said smiling.
“Aren’t you worried that she’s going to play you again?” Jenny asked. “She can’t be trusted”.
I shook my head, “this is different; this is her fully committing to me”.
“I just don’t want you to get hurt,” Jenny said glaring over at Morgan’s lunch table. “Besides Will has to be furious about this. Aren’t you afraid he’ll hurt you again?”
“Morgan has a handle on him,” I said smiling when I said her name. “She’s protecting me from any harm. You guys know she has this whole school around her thumb, I’ll be fine”.
“Okay…” Jenny said sighing.
“But I’m happy for you! You finally got the girl of your dreams,” James said high fiving me.
I laughed, “Only took me a few years”.
We quickly ate and worked on our chess strategy. After lunch I met up with Morgan and we headed to English class. We had to present our project to the class.
“Do you have the flashcards?” I asked her as we walked into the classroom.
“Yeah, there in my folder. Are you ready to kill it?” she asked smiling.
She never gets nervous.
I smiled, “yeah, I practiced a little this morning”.
“You’re so cute,” she said taking out the flash cards.
I took my notes and we took our seats.

[Morgan’s point of view]

We killed the presentation.
We were like a well-oiled machine, we were so in sync. I don’t think me and Will were like this. I couldn’t help but smile at him during the presentation, he was so smart and handsome. If people didn’t think we were dating, they sure did now.
After class Jasmine, Randy and I headed to our next class together.
“You guys are cute,” she said laughing.
“What do you mean,” I asked.
“The whole time you two were presenting you guys were like love birds. If you want to keep it on the DL I would suggest toning it down a notch. You weren’t this happy when you were with Will,” and with that Jasmine walked away from us to join Julia and Lilly.
I looked at Randy and smiled, “are we that bad?”
“I don’t think so,” he said laughing. “Do you want to hang out after practice again?” he asked.
“Of course, but I can’t be out too late. There’s a game tomorrow,” I said once we reached his classroom.
“Sounds good, I’ll be there to cheer you on,” he said smiling at me.
“I’ll forward to it,” I winked at him and headed to my class.
“Morgan!” I looked over my shoulder and there was Will.
“Hey Will,” I said slowing my pace so he can catch up with me. “What’s up?”
“I miss you,” he said simply.
“You saw me at lunch today”.
“That’s not what I meant, I miss being with you. I miss spending time with you”.
“Will, don’t make this break up harder than it needs to be,” I stopped walking and faced him. The late bell rang and I rolled my eyes.
“You’re not making it easy, parading around with him. People are starting to realize that you dumped me for him”.
“We’re in high school, these people won’t give a shit in a few years”.
“Well I give a shit and I want my girl back”.
I sighed and rolled my eyes, “you’ll get over m-” Will pulled me into a kiss and out of habit I kissed back for a split second. I push him away and gave him a look.
“Don’t kiss me!”
“Morgan…”
“No! Will, respect the fact that I’ve moved on,” I quickly ran to class.

[Randy’s point of view]

My phone buzzed in my pocket, I thought it was Morgan. I sneaked it out of my pocket to see who it was from. The screen read Julia and I put my phone away. Whatever she wants it can wait.
After school let out I headed to chess practice and met up with the rest of my friends and the team.
We practice our strategies and did a few practice games. An hour later it was time to head home. Before leaving, I finally checked my phone. One text from Morgan and one from Julia.
I opened Morgan’s first, I quickly replied then opened Julia’s. It was a picture of Morgan and Will kissing.
I felt my stomach turn and my heart started to race. Was Jenny right? Was I being played? Did I change myself for a girl who just wanted to see me get hurt?
I closed my phone and headed home.
******
Morgan was on her way over, I wasn’t going to waste gas on a girl who just wanted to hurt me. I paced around my room trying to figure out the best way to bring up the picture. There was a knock at my front door and I hurried down stairs to get it.
“Hey,” she said smiling once I opened the front door. She kissed me longingly and I kissed back. I held her close to me. We pulled away and she smiled. “I’ve been wanting to do that all day”.
“Then you should have kissed me,” I said making my way upstairs.
“Hey,” she said touching my arm, stopping me. “I thought we agreed that I had a week”.
“I know, but it sucks that I can’t touch my girlfriend when I want to touch her, but her ex-boyfriend can kiss her whenever he wants,” I said once we reached my room. She gave me a look then sighed. She walked over to my bed and sat down.
“How do you know about that?”
“Wrong answer, Morgan”.
“I wasn’t going to tell you because it was just Will trying to get me back. I didn’t know he was going to kiss me. I just thought we could be friends but I guess not. That kiss lasted two seconds, so how do you know about it?”
“Julia,” I said sitting next to her.
“Fucking bitch,” she muttered.
“I kind of like it when you swear,” I said sheepishly.
She laughed, “Why?”
“No one I know swears that much, it’s kind of taboo, kind of hot,” I said blushing.
“Well, fuck, maybe I should just swear all the fucking time,” she said smiling.
“Don’t make fun of me,” I laughed.
She chuckled, “but on a serious note, thank you for being so patient with me. I know it sucks. It sucks for me too”.
“I know,” I said smiling.
She kissed me and I kissed back. I loved these one on one moments with her.

[Morgan’s point of view]

I headed to Randy’s locker and mentally prepared myself for today. I reached his locker and smiled at his friends.
“Hey babe,” I said cheerfully.
Randy looked a little caught off guard but smiled back at me anyway, “Hey Morgan”.
I walked over to him and kissed him.