The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 17

Randy quickly kissed me back.
I heard his book bag drop to the floor and he wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and pulled him closer to me. I could hear a few claps and cheers as we made out in front of his closer. We kissed for a few minutes until we pulled away. I smiled at him and he gave me a surprised look.
“I couldn’t wait,” I whispered before kissing him again briefly.
“I’m okay with this,” he said grinning at me.
I laughed as he picked up his book bag. His friends congratulated him and high fived him. I noticed that Jenny has left, I guess during the kiss. I mentally rolled my eyes and focused my attention on my man.
“Alright, Nerd Herd, we have to go,” I said taking Randy’s hand and leading him to my locker.
“I’ll see you guys at lunch!” he called after them before lacing his fingers with mine. “You’re so cool,” he said as we walked hand in hand.
“I just want to be with you when I want to and if Julia sent you that picture then who knows what else they’re cooking up,” I said once we reached my locker.
“That’s true,” he said as I spun my locker combination.
“Nice job Randy!” a random guy yelled as he walked by. We laughed as my friends walked over.
“Have you lost your mind?” Julia yelled.
“I don’t see the big deal, it happened and we’re all still alive. Besides you bitches tried to ruin my relationship with Randy by sending him a picture of Will kissing me. So, my rebuttal was to go public,” I said smiling at them.
“Don’t say you bitches, I had no idea,” Jasmine said as Lilly nodded.
“I can’t believe this,” Julia said.
“Try another cute thing like that again and I’ll tell people that we’re going to be cousin in laws,” and with that I took Randy’s hand and headed to homeroom.

[Randy’s point of view]

I felt like a king all day.
I got high fives all day about dating Morgan. It seemed like everyone wanted to be my friend. It was weird but oddly satisfying. My friends and I have been invisible all four years of high school and now we are noticed, and we’re not being bullied. People actually liked us for once. Maybe they realized that we’re people too.
Our group dynamic was weird for me as well. It was my friends with Lilly, Charlie, and Jasmine and of course Morgan. The more I talked to them and hung out with them the more I liked them. Charlie is a huge star wars fan, Lilly was hilarious and Jasmine was just too cool.
As Morgan and I walked to the cafeteria, hand and hand, I kept my eyes peeled for Jenny. I haven’t seen her all day and I wanted to talk to her about this morning. I know she was furious with me.
Once we reached the cafeteria our group went our separate ways. I gave Morgan a quick kiss before joining my friends at our table. Jenny was sitting here by herself when we sat down.
“Hey, where have you been all day?” Shelby asked.
“Yeah,” I chimed in.
“I just didn’t want to be around all the fake fans. All the people who are ‘Go Randy’ just because he made out with their queen,” Jenny said.
“Morgan is actually nice if you give her a chance,” James said.
“Her friends are cool too,” Shelby added.
“Like they gave us a chance?” Jenny snapped. “Am I the only one who remembers what she did to us early this year?”
Check.
“Jen, that was Morgan then, this is her now. We’ve changed her, I’ve changed her, and we’re no longer invisible. Her friends are great! Charlie is a star wars nerd, Lilly and Shelby made plans to go shopping this weekend and Jasmine is just coolest. Don’t be like them, give them a chance. You might like them,” I said, I could tell she was thinking about it.
Jenny sighed and looked up at me, “If it means that much to you…”
Check mate.
I smiled, “thanks”.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Jenny said as Shelby hugged her.
“Hey,” Morgan said sitting down next to me. I couldn’t help but smile, “hey”.
“Can I steal Jenny for a quick second?” she asked smiling at her.
Jenny gave me a look before agreeing.

[Morgan’s point of view]

Jenny and I sat an empty table across from each other.
“I know you and I never saw eye to eye, but I’m willing to let it go for Randy. I know you don’t believe it but I like him a lot, it’s weird it happened over night, but it’s real. I also know that you like him and I know this is like a weird little déjà vu for you, but I don’t want the same falling out.”
“I don’t trust you,” Jenny said simply.
“I know, I was a bitch for three years I get that but I’m not going to hurt Randy. I want to make things right with you for his sake.”
She eyed me, “Okay…”
I smiled at her, “Besides, Randy is going to need you when he does eventually fuck up and needs to make it up to me.”
“Randy is never going to mess up. He’s not some stupid jock, he’s a gentleman.”
“He’s a man and all men are the same. Yes he’s a gentleman but trust me after a year or two he’s going to do something stupid and he’ll need your help.”
“A year or two?” Jenny whispered.
“I told you I was serious about this.”
“But we’re all going to college…”
“I’m a queen of making things work,” I said smiling. “Besides, now you can have Will. I put in a good word for you.”
“You did?” she looked worried.
“If you don’t want to go for him you don’t have too, but I did,” I got up and walked over to Randy. I gave him a quick kiss before heading back to my friends.
“So, the nerds are cool,” Charlie said as I sat back down.
“Yeah…” Jasmine said. “I didn’t expect that”.
“I didn’t know that you liked star wars that much,” Lilly said smiling at Charlie.
“You never asked,” he said kissing her.
“You guys can’t be serious,” Quinn said.
“Why don’t you spend one day with them,” I said.
“Yeah, Shelby and I are going shopping this weekend,” Lilly said proudly.
“Who?” Quinn and Julia said together.
“Why don’t you guys find out,” I said.
“I rather not,” Julia said.
“Randy is your cousin the least you can do is be supportive,” I said.
“Or you can stop pretending to like him and get back to reality,” Will said.
“Or you could keep your mouth shut,” I said smiling at him sweetly.
“Get to know them, if you hate them I’ll drop it,” I said smiling.
“Pass,” the three of them said together.
I rolled my eyes, “whatever,” I muttered.

[Randy’s point of view]

I was on my way to the restroom, during class when I noticed Will was also walking to the same restroom. This is the first time I’ve seen him since the breakup. I composed myself and kept on walking.
“Hey,” he said as we reached the restroom door. “I should punch you in the face but I know Morgan will kiss my ass, so I won’t”.
“Thanks?”
“So… I hear you like star wars”.
I smiled, was he trying to get to know me? “I do,” I said as we entered the restroom.
“I like star trek better,” Will said as we walked over to the urinals.
“That’s just not true,” I said laughing.
“Enlighten me,” he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Help me pay for college

https://www.crowdrise.com/taylors-college-tuition/fundraiser/taylorsmith16