The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 5

Thank you to lightsfan for the cover!

The next morning I met Will underneath our tree.
We wrapped our arms around each other before heading to our lockers.
The rest of our friends were already by my locker laughing about something.
We joined them as I organized my book bag.
“Nerd Alert,” Brad said as Randy walked over.
“What?” I asked rudely.
“Do you have our project?” he asked nervously.
“Yes, I said I would and I do. Now, leave,” I said smiling.
He nodded his head and walked away. I rolled my eyes and closed my locker.
“Nerds these days,” Lilly said rolling her eyes.
“Yeah,” I said resting my head on Will’s shoulder, well a little below his shoulder.
The bell rang shortly after and we went our separate ways.
Lunch rolled around a lot slower than usual. Will bought us lunch and we shared it together.
Lunch was over way too quickly for my liking. Will and I walked to my car and to get my project.
“What do you say? A quickie?” he asked sitting in the backseat.
“The bell is going to ring in five minutes,” I said as he pulled me on top of him.
“Then we should get started.”
I put my project in the front seat and closed the door.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

The bell for lunch rang and I couldn’t find Morgan anywhere. I hurried to class, to avoid Jenny and to find Morgan. I walked into the classroom and took my seat. Morgan’s friends slowly pilled into the back of the classroom but she was not among them.
I sighed and faced the front of the classroom. I need to keep calm. She’ll show up soon.
My friends joined me in the front as the bell rang
Our teacher stood up and started class.
“Sorry I’m late!”
Everyone faced the door as Morgan pulled her hair into a ponytail.
“Where were you?” our teacher asked putting her hands on her hips.
Morgan opened her mouth to say something then quickly closed it.
“I had a hard time opening my car door. It’s been jamming a lot recently so I had to call Will and he took forever to get outside.”
“Don’t let it happen again.”
“Yes ma’am,” Morgan said taking her seat.
Mrs. Dixon called up the first group and sat down to give them the floor.
I could feel my hands getting sweaty. I hate public speaking.
Everyone clapped once their group was finished.
“You know Ms. Dawson, it’s rude to be late too class then talk through a presentation,” Mrs. Dixon said standing up.
“Sorry,” Morgan said sinking in her seat.
“Since you like talking why don’t you come up here and present.”
“Sure,” she said getting out of her seat.
I slowly got out of mine and joined her in the front of the class.
“Hold this side,” she whispered to me. I did as she said and she held the other.
Morgan took a deep breath. “So, as you can see that we color coded our project. I’m green and Randy is orange. Anyway, Randy and I have a lot in common we listen to the same kind of music, watch the same movies and excreta.” She looked over at me and I cleared my throat.
“Um, however, we do have some difference I’m a dog person and she’s a cat person and I’m shier that Morgan is…”
“And that concludes our presentation,” Morgan said smiling.
I forced a smile and gave our project to Mrs. Dixon as the class clapped.
Morgan walked to her seat as I took mine. I looked back at her and she winked at me before sinking in her seat.
I smiled at myself as Jenny rubbed my arm. She knows how much I hate public speaking.
I smiled at her and she grinned back.
The bell rang and everyone quickly left the classroom.
Morgan and I her friends brushed passed us and hurried over to Will and his friends.
He saw me staring and he gave me another hard look. He whispered something in Morgan’s ear before walking over to me.