The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 6

Will pulled me over to a near by janitors closet and closed the door.
“I am so sick and tired of always seeing your beady little eyes staring at my girlfriend. I see the way you look at her and I’m sick of it.”
“I was staring,” I said in a small voice.
“Shut up!” Will boomed in my ear. “I am going to make sure that you never look at her again.”
I saw him ball up his fist and everything went black.

[Morgan’s Point Of View]

Practice was over and I was heading to my car. As I opened my water bottle I heard a slight pounding.
I raised my field hockey stick a little as I walked over to the noise. It was coming from a closet.
I quickly opened and stared in shock.
Randy was in there and he looked pretty beat up.
“Oh my God! What happened to you?” I asked putting my things down. I took him by the arm gently and helped him up.
He didn’t answer me.
I put his arm around my neck and carried him to the nurses’ office.
The door was locked and the lights were out.
I sighed.
“I guess I’m taking you home,” I said extending my hand to him.
He took it slowly and we walked back to the closet to get my things before heading out to my car. Randy limped all the way there but he kept up with me.
“Who did this?” I asked once we reached the car.
“No one…”
“Bull shit, I want a name now!”
“Will…”
“…I want a different name.”
“Johnson.”
That was Will’s last name. “I don’t believe you. Why would Will hurt you?”
“He doesn’t like it when I stare at you, but I can’t help it your just so beautiful-”
“Cut the crap,” I said as I started to pace around. I ran my fingers through my hair a few times before facing him.
“I should-”
“Stop talking and get in the car,” I said.
Randy got in the passenger seat as I got in the drivers seat.
“Where do you live?”
“Near by the pool. I’ll direct you from there.”
I drove us towards the pool and Randy told me where to go until I reached his house.
I helped him out of the car and grabbed his things. He opened his house door and led me inside.
His house was bigger than mine and it looked well kept together.
“Where’s the kitchen?” I asked.
“Straight a head”.
I walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer and took out the ice trays.
“Here,” I said handing him a pack of ice.
“Thanks,” he said slowly putting it on his eye.
I sighed and helped put another ice pack on his other eye.
“Why do you suddenly care?” he asked biting his lip.
“Because I feel somewhat responsible.”
“Hey, little brother! Whoa! You brought a girl home and she’s pretty too and way out of your league! I’m so proud of you! What the hell happened to you? Whose ass am I kicking?” Randy’s older sister asked rushing over to us. Randy lifted his head and we took off the eye packs.
“I’m fine, Ashley,” he said slightly blushing.
“Who did this?”
“My boyfriend…” I said stepping forward. “And I’m sorry on his behalf. I should go, I’ll talk to Will tonight. I’ll see you at school,” I said walking out.
I nodded at his sister and quickly left.
*******
I waited for Will on the hood of my car. A few moments later I saw his headlights turn into my driveway. He parked his car and joined me on mine. “Hey beautiful,” he said kissing me.
“Hi,” I said looking away.
“Are your parents home?” he asked kissing my neck.
“Yes and my brother should be asleep by now.”
“Damn…” he said kissing me again.
I pulled away. “I saw what you did to Randy…not cool. I thought we talked about this”.
Will rolled his eyes. “He stares at you like he’s in love with you and I’m the only one who can look at you like that.”
“Get over yourself! You beat the crap out of him. You have to go apologize to him, tomorrow!”
“Why! He got what-”
I slapped him without thinking. “Don’t say that about him. I’m cool with him so you need to.”
Will rubded his cheek. “Fine, I’ll apologize, just chill out.”
“Sorry for hitting you…” I said.
“I’m sorry hitting your new best friend.”
“I’ll hit you again…”
“Baby, I’m like this because I love you too much.”
“You mean jealous…”
Will pulled me into his lap and kissed me.
“Call it what you want.”
I rested my head on his shoulder. “You know I love you and you know I care about you and you know that Randy is nothing to me and you are my everything so… chill out. Please?”
“For you, I’ll do whatever you want.”
“Damn right,” I said kissing him.
He hugged me and held on to him tightly.
“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asked looking at me.
I nodded my head and kissed him again.
“Night babe,” he said as I got off the car.
“Night,” I said watching him go into his car. Will slowly backed out and left.
I smiled to myself and went back inside.