The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 7

The next morning as I waited for Will under our tree I looked for any sign of Randy.
“Looking for me?” Will asked kissing my cheek.
“Yeah,” I lied hugging him.
He wrapped his arm around me and we walked inside the school. “So, where’s the nerd?” he asked.
“I’m not his keeper,” I said looking over at the nerd herd.
He wasn’t there.
“Well, when you see him tell him to find me at lunch”.
“I’m not doing your work for you,” I said once we reached my locker.
“You’re just lucky I’m apologizing…”
“Excuse me?”
“Joshing,” he said kissing my cheek again.
I raised an eyebrow at him. “You know you’re in the wrong right?”
“Sure, hon,” he said turning his attention to Charlie.
“Hey man! ‘Sup Morgan,” Charlie said smiling at us.
“Hey,” Will and I said.
The guys talked amongst themselves as I put my things in my locker. We walked, together, to our group of friends.
Once we were there Charlie gave Lilly a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I smiled at her and she grinned back.
The bell rang, for school to start, and we all went our separate ways.
********
I didn’t see Randy all day.
The Nerd Herd must be a mess without their leader.
“No Randy today?” Will asked me as he walked me to the field hockey field.
“You remembered?”
“I can’t leave my lady unhappy”.
“Good, so you don’t mind going over to his house later today?”
“What? Why can’t we wait till he comes back?”
“No,” I said walking over to the other girls.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

I slowly limped out of the bathroom and into my room.
“What happened to you?”
I jumped and looked at Jenny sitting at my desk.
“Your mom let me in. How did this?”
“Will…” I said suddenly feeling naked in just my pajama bottoms.
I felt Jenny staring at my naked chest. I might not be as muscular as Will, but I do workout every other day or so.
I quickly yet slowly made my way over to my bed and climbed under the covers.
“My parents took me to the hospital to make sure I was alright. Just a little banged up. I should be back on Friday.”
“The gang and I made this card at lunch,” Jenny handed me a pad of printer paper folded in half. They wrote ‘Get Well Soon!!” on the front and decorate the front.
I smiled, “thanks”.
“I know how much you hate being behind on your school work so I brought you all the notes that you missed and homework that’s due.”
“Thanks, Jenny, but you didn’t need too.”
“I wanted too” she said sitting next to me.
“Anything else?” I asked feeling uncomfortable.
“Nope, we all missed you today. It was weird without you.”
“You’ll have to go one more day without me.”
“Yeah, why did Will beat you up?”
“Morgan…” I said looking away from her.
The room fell silent for a moment.
“She’s not worth putting yourself in these situations…”
“I’m not going out of my way for her…”
“But you are getting hurt.”
“Don’t worry about me.” I said putting up a math worksheet.
I felt Jenny’s eyes on me as I looked over the sheet.
“Your eyes are so swollen…” I heard her whisper.
I looked up at her and she slowly touched my face. I slowly felt my face heat up and my heart race. I tried my best to hind my panic.
I didn’t want Jenny trying to make a move on me.
Someone knocked on the door and I quickly sat up, despite the pain, “come in!” I called.
The door slowly opened and Will walked in followed by Morgan.
“I’m sorry for beating you…I was way out of line and insecure and a major asshole. I’m really sorry. If Morgan’s cool with you than I am too.”
I slowly nodded my head. “It’s okay,” I said.
Will smiling a little before Morgan walked over touching his arm.
“I brought my English notes incase you wanted them.”
“I already gave them to him,” Jenny said walking over.
Morgan’s eyes turned cold as she glared at her. “Do you want a metal?”
“I think visiting hours are over.”
“Are you his mother?” Morgan said sizing Jenny up.
Jenny slowly backed down.
“Anyway…, there’s a group project due sometime soon we have to read chapters five through ten and present a powerpoint on it. Get started as soon as you can properly see.”
I saw Will smile to himself at that. I ignored it and nodded my head.
“He won’t have to wait if you could control your boyfriend,” Jenny said.
Morgan’s head snapped toward her. “Listen here, nerd, I’m not in to mood for your moxie so shut up and sit down.”
“And what if I refuse?”
Morgan sized her up again. “You’ll be the next one with a black eye”.
“Is that all you jocks do? Beat up the weak what about using your big girl words?”
“I don’t think you’ll like my vocabulary so shut up before you hurt yourself. Now, get out of my face!”
Jenny stood her ground and Will walked over to Morgan and slowly took her arm.
“I have over two hundred pounds of muscle on my side do you really want to mess with me?”
Jenny slowly backed down and walked over to my bed again.
“Read the damn book.” Morgan said looking at me.
Will led her out of my room. “Learn your place, bitch.” She said to Jenny.
Will pushed Morgan out of my room and closed the door.
I looked over at Jenny who was looking at her hands.
“What was that?” I asked looking at her.
“I exploded on Morgan after I saw her and Will in eight grade. I called her some things and said some things that I’m not proud of. Needless to say, we haven’t patched things up. I don’t know, I don’t want to lose you to her to.”
“You’re not going to; we’re the best of friends. No one can come between us.”
Jenny nodded her head. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Bye Jen,” I said as she packed up her things and left my room.

[Morgan’s Point Of View]

“That bitch! How dare she think she can stand up to me? Me! Of all people.”
“Babe! We’ve been ranting for the last hour. Let it go. My parents aren’t home let’s get weird.” Will said sitting up.
“She needs to let the past go.”
“How ironic! So do you.”
I looked at him and sighed. “Fine…I’m done.”
“Come here, baby,” Will said. I walked over to him and he hugged me.
I smiled and kissed him. I slowly pulled away and gave him a flirty smile.
I slowly pulled my shirt over my head. Will smiled as I climbed on top of him.
“Sweet!” he said before kissing me.
I giggled as he roll us over.