The Jock and the Nerd

The Jock and The Nerd Chapter 8

I rolled over and looked at Will. After a while he pulled me close to him. “Morning,” he whispered in my ear. I smiled and kissed his cheek.
I then rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I figured Will would follow me sooner or later.
I turned on the shower and let it nice and warm, before I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I, then, took off my pajamas and got into the shower.
Moments later, like I predicted, Will joined me.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

“Mom wants you to mow the lawn,” Ashley said walking into my room.
I rolled my eyes and put down the book I had to read for English class. “I’ll be down in a minute.”
Ashley put her ear bud back into her ear and danced her way out of my room.
I smiled to myself as I pulled on my socks and sneakers. I grabbed my own iPod and headed to the garage to get the lawn mower.
I started it up and got to work right away.
Half way threw mowing the lawn I saw Morgan and Will joining up the street.
Morgan was in front, which benefited Will. She looked over and gave me a little wave. I smiled in returned before she looked forward again. Will gave me a head nod then looked ahead.
I didn’t want to risk pissing him off again, so I hurried back to work.

[Morgan’s Point Of View]

Once back at my house Will and I took another shower before starting our homework.
“Question!” Will said looking up at me.
“Yes?”
“Go to homecoming with me?”
I laughed. “No, I have my eyes on someone else.”
“Thanks not funny,” Will said sitting up.
I laughed and kissed him. “Who else am I going to go with?”
“True,” he said kissing me again.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

I finally finished washing my car and made my way back up stairs. I noticed my cell phone light up, indicating that I had a new text message.
It was from Jenny.
I mentally groaned and opened the text.
‘Do you want to go to homecoming?’
I sighed and placed my phone down. I had to think of something to say. I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to go to homecoming.
I didn’t really care about dances and other popularity contests. I fell face down on my bed. My mind wondered to Morgan. I wonder if she liked school dances and other functions.
“Randy!” my mom called.
I sighed and headed downstairs.

[Morgan’s Point Of View]

My parents went to my little brothers soccer game while Will and I went out to see a movie.
As we waited in the snack line we saw the Nerd Herd walking over. I pretended like I didn’t and wrapped my arm around Will.
“What do you want, dear?” he asked.
“I figure you would know me by now…” I said.
“Just checking,” he said as we moved up in line. “I’ll place our order, why don’t you see what movies we should skip.”
Will and I never sit and watch movies in the theater. We movie hop and make out in the back. Any movie worth watching we either do at home or with the rest of the gang.
I nodded my head and kissed him before walking off.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

“Did you get my text?” Jenny asked.
The gang and I wanted to see the new Batman movie. Jenny and I were walking in front of everyone else.
“I did, but my mom wanted my help in the basement. I must have forgotten to text you back…” I said once we were inside.
“Who wants snacks?” Jimmy asked racing ahead.
“I do,” Shelby said joining him at the snack line.
We joined them as Morgan got out of line and walked over to the movie posters.
I debated on whether or not to join her.
“So…”Jenny said taking me hand. “Are you going?”
I looked at her and shrugged. “I don’t think so.”
“What if you were asked?”
“I don’t know…I’ll be back,” I said making my way over to Morgan.

[Morgan’s Point Of View]

“How was your run?”
I turned around and saw Randy walking over to me.
I took a quick glance at Will. He was busy placing our order to notice.
“It was great. How are you doing?”
“I can see, again,” he joked.
I smiled. “Good…”
There was an awkward pause before Randy spoke again.
“So, how about the Scarlet Letter?”
“It’s not bad, I rather Easy A, through,” I joked.
Randy laughed. “I think Hester is a bit…”
“Annoying?” I finished.
“Yeah, she should have left when she had the chance.”
I nodded. “But then there would be no story.”
“True,” Randy said as Jenny and Will walked over.
“’Sup?” he said handing me my raisinets.
“Ready to go?” I asked lacing my fingers with his.
“Whenever you are,” he said looking at Randy and Jenny.
“Yeah, I’ll see you later Randy. Jenny…” I said before walking off.

[Randy’s Point Of View]

I sat next to Jimmy and Bryan to avoid Jenny.
I heard a familiar giggle as a couple headed up the stairs and sat in front of us. It was Morgan and Will.
He put his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. I forced my attention back on the movie and tried to ignore them.
About five minutes later, Will kissed Morgan and they stayed at it for at least ten minutes, before leaving the theater.
Jimmy nudged me and I shrugged.
After the movie we left the theater. Jenny and I were in the back of the group.
I took her hand and she smiled at me.
Maybe it was time that I moved on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't forgotten about you guys. I had writers block and I've been hella busy. But I'm getting back into my groove.