Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Why Do You Do This?

I sit with grandma in the hospital, being there for almost 5 hours, our hands linked together as we catch up on time we missed. We talk about almost everything. Grandma and mom are the only two people I love the most and trust the most. And soon, it's only going to be mom as we figure grandma doesn't have much time left with us. The doctor's haven't left us with much hope on her condition and some times when she talks, she mentions things that don't make any sense.
"Maybe someday I will watch you perform."
I smile, "I hope so. I want to know what you think."
"Well, it wouldn't be the first time hearing you sing," she says, "you have a beautiful voice."
"Thanks, gran," I say, loving when she compliments me, they mean the most from her.
"I still don't know where you got it from."
I laugh, "probably dad's side of the family."
Her face changes expression. Talking about dad was always a weird topic. So I decide to switch subjects.
"So, you like Eric?"
She shrugs a tiny bit, "he seems like a good boy."
"He is," I say quietly.
"What's wrong?" She asks as she yawns.
I look at her, debating whether to tell her things or not. I smile, placing my hand gently on her cheek.
"Why don't you get some sleep and I'll come back?"
"Alright," she agrees.
I kiss her and watch as she drifts off. When she's asleep I head home to shower. As I walk into the apartment, my phone vibrates.

Alex sent 3:02 pm:

Hey! How's your grandma?

I reply back and set my phone on the counter as I make a sandwich. As I'm halfway through, he replies.

Alex sent 3:04 pm:

Sorry to hear! I hope I get the chance to meet her.

I smile a little bit and reply. I finish making my sandwich and I begin eating it. My phone begins ringing and i answer it, quickly swallowing whatever food was in my mouth.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me," Sammy says, cheerful.
"Oh hey, what's up?"
"Just wondering what you're up to."
"Eating lunch, I just got back from the hospital."
"Oh, how's grandma?"
"She's not much better. We talked for a long time though."
"Are you doing anything tonight?"
"No, why?"
"We haven't hung out in a while."
I smile, "want to go for dinner?"
"Sounds good, should I pick you up from your place or the hospital?"
"Hospital."
"Okay, see you then."
I hang up the phone and continue eating. Alex replies once I finish eating.

Alex sent 3:17 pm:

That'd be nice. Can I call you tonight?

I freeze as I read the last part. Why would he want to call me? I ask him that and finish cleaning my small mess. It seems to take Alex a little longer to reply. By the time he replies, I'm a little nervous.

Alex sent 3:24 pm:

I miss your voice.

I quickly put my phone down, shaking my head. Why is he doing this? I don't reply and have my shower. I take my time, drying off and getting dressed. I dry my hair and by the time I finish, it's been 45 minutes. I grab my phone and reply back, saying yes. I head off and go back to the hospital. I walk into the room to see Seth sitting with grandma.
"She just fell back to sleep."
I smile as we hug, "thanks for coming."
We sit down and steal a glance at grandma.
"Thought I would see her for myself. How are things with her?"
I sigh, "not good."
He frowns, "I was afraid of that. She didn't remember who I was when I came in."
"Yeah, it's been getting worse."
I stay for an hour, grandma asleep most of the time. I head out to dinner with Sammy and I make sure I have my phone near me to at least show Alex I can be nice and accept his phone call. Sammy takes me back to my car when we finish, I head up to see grandma for a little bit and when visiting hours are over, I head home. I get ready for bed and look at my phone. Not a single noise coming from it all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had this chapter done for last night but the site was down!
I had to re-write it!!! The first time was better!
Sorry, hope you enjoy this one!
Comment/Subscribe?
:)