Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

You Didn't...

I wake up to an obnoxious noise, early in the morning. I sit up, realizing it’s my phone and I bolt up. I run to the living room, avoiding objects as I do. I find my phone in the couch cushion, I pull it out and answer it.
“Hello?”
Crying. Oh no.
“Mom?”
“Grandma passed away.”
I sigh as I take a seat on my couch, “when?”
“A few minutes ago,” she cries quietly.
I avoid tears, although they’re fighting to escape. I don’t know what to do or say.
“You’re still at the hospital?”
“Yeah,” she sniffs, “I have to talk to the doctor and figure things out.”
“Want me to come there?”
“Oh no, it’s fine. Just, stay home, have your time and I’ll call you when I have things in order.”
“Okay, mom. I love you.”
“I love you too,” she whispers and hangs up.
I sit there with the phone in my hand before I close it. My world coming to a rough stop. Eric’s not even here for me to talk to. I sigh, and before I know it, the tears are escaping. Once I've cried out what I could, I see the time, 3:47 am. I lay down on the couch, pulling the blanket from the back and cover myself. I feel bad for doing this but before I think, my fingers are dialing Alex’s number. It rings a few times and I take that time to clear my throat.
“Hello?” Alex asks tired.
“I’m so sorry to call you at this hour.”
“Ash?”
“Yeah,” I sniffle.
“What’s going on?” He asks, sounding a little more awake.
“My grandma died.”
“Shit,” he sighs, “I’m on my way over.”
Before I can say anything else, he’s off the phone. I remain in the dark on the couch until Alex arrives. He knocks lightly and I go over to answer it. The minute it’s partially opened, he pushes it the rest of the way and his arms instantly wrap around me. The embrace causes me to cry again. He shuts the door with his foot and moves me over to the couch, managing to turn on a lamp on the way. We sit down as he continues to hold me and I cry. As time drags on, I calm down. I pull back a little, realizing my legs are across Alex’s lap. I look up at him, seeing him a little better.
“I’m sorry, Ash.”
I smile weakly, “I knew it was coming,” I sigh.
“Yeah, but it’s still hard when it hits.”
I nod.
“And sorry Eric isn’t here to be with you.”
I look at him, “if he was, you wouldn’t be.”
He stares at me, and before I do anything else, his lips crash against mine. This isn’t happening, I’m dreaming. He pulls back and I look down, his taste lingering on my lips.
“I’m sorry,” he says quickly.
I look at him, the light from the lamp only lighting part of his face.
“Why did you do it?” I whisper.
“Because I’ve fallen hard for you,” he says as his hand rests on mine lightly.
A few more tears fall from my eyes.
“Where was this a couple of months ago?” I ask quietly.
“I’m an idiot for saying I didn’t feel the same. It pisses me off it took me as long to realize. Especially when you’re with Eric.”
“Eric,” I whisper, “yes, I’m with Eric.”
“But I mean, it’s not serious, right?”
“What?” I ask a little confused.
“You and Eric, you aren’t serious?”
“Alex, I told you way back how I felt and you didn’t feel the same. Just because you like me now, doesn’t mean I can just end things.”
“I don’t like you,” he says quietly, “I think I love you.”
“No,” I whisper, not wanting to hear this.
I love you.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH SNAP!! RIP, Grandma :(
So, you're probably thinking, they kissed, it's all over!
Not even ;)
Sorry, I'm in a good mood right now...I'm weird when this mood kicks in.
Anyways, please Comment/Subscribe, it'd make me happier!
:)