Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

I'm Lost...Confused...and Disgusted

Despite what happened earlier in the morning, Alex stays with me. Mom calls from time to time to update me on things. Alex brings over a cup of coffee for me and joins me again on the couch.
“You know, it bugged me when I saw you and Eric together the night the bands got together.”
“Am I suppose to hide our relationship so you don’t have to see it?”
He sighs, “of course not.”
“I wish you could have told me this stuff sooner Alex. I don’t want to be in the position to hurt anyone.”
“Don’t. You don’t have to hurt anyone, not now especially because you’re the one that’s hurting.”
I run a hand through my hair, “I’m sorry.”
“Me too.”
“What am I suppose to do when Eric is back?”
“What do you mean?”
“Things are going to be weird any time we’re all around each other.”
He sighs, “I don’t know.”
“I’m not going to end things with him,” I whisper.
“I wouldn’t expect you to.”
I look at him and see him staring back. Although part of me wants to break things off with Eric, I refuse. I’m not going to hurt Eric over Alex. As the day presses on, Alex begins to stand, ready to leave. I watch his movement and I already feel lonely.
“Stay,” I plead.
“That’s probably not the best idea.”
I shake my head and say, “if I’m alone, I’ll think about everything.”
“Let me go home and grab some stuff, okay?”
I smile, “thank you.”
He gives me a small smile and heads off. To keep my mind off things, I begin making dinner. Alex gets back around the time I finish with dinner. We sit in the kitchen, relaxing and eating. He helps me clean up once we finish. We go rest on the couch and watch a couple of movies before bed. I pull out a pillow and blanket for Alex to use on the couch. He takes them, laying them out and looks at me. I give him a weak smile.
“I’ll be out here if you need anything.”
I nod a little, “goodnight.”
“’Night.”
I walk into my room, taking my time as I brush my teeth and clean my face. I eventually crawl into bed and lay in the silence.
I wake up the next morning to see Alex in the bed, his arms wrapped around me. I begin moving back and he wakes up.
“You're in my bed,” I say quietly.
“You were crying in the middle of the night.”
“Oh.”
He lets go and I sit up, seeing tissues around me. I grab them all and go into my bathroom, tossing them into the garbage can.
“I should probably get going,” Alex says from the bed, “I have a band meeting in an hour.”
I nod walking back into the room, “okay.”
He gets up and I follow him to the living room. He grabs his stuff and begins to fold the blanket.
“I’ll get that,” I tell him but he finishes folding it.
I smile weakly.
He walks over to me and embraces me, “don’t hesitate to call.”
“Thanks,” I whisper as I hug him back.
He pulls back and kisses my forehead. He grabs his stuff and heads out. leaving me alone in my apartment. I have a cup of coffee and as I finish it, there’s a knock at the door. I head over to answer it and see it’s mom.
“Hey,” I say as she walks inside.
“Hi,” she responds. Her eyes red and puffy.
I pull her into a hug, she begins crying and so do I.
“She’s in a better place now,” I whisper.
“I know,” she sighs wiping tears, “but it sucks that happy place isn’t here.”
I nod, “I know. Want some coffee?”
“Yes please.”
She follows me into the kitchen and I give her a cup. We sit in the living room for pretty much the entire afternoon, talking about grandma and our memories with her. As night time rolls around, we go out for dinner. Mom takes me home, I head up to my apartment and walk in just as my starts ringing. I set my stuff down as I grab it from my pocket and answer it.
“Hello?”
“Hey,” Eric says.
“Hi,” I smile.
“Sorry, I was planning to call you when I got in yesterday but mom was on my case the whole time.”
I smile, “that’s okay. How was the flight?”
“Boring,” he sighs, “but I’m here, that’s all that matters.”
“Your dad surprised to see you?”
“Yeah,” he chuckles.
“Listen um, I don’t want to ruin your family weekend telling you this,” I start off, holding back sniffles and tears.
“What is it?”
“Grandma died,” I tell him.
“Shit,” he sighs, “I’m so sorry, Ash.”
“Thanks,” I say, “her funeral is on Tuesday afternoon.”
“I’ll be there.”
“Yeah?”
“Of course,” he says, “I’m here for you. I really wish I was there right now though.”
I smile, “thank you.”
“When did it happen?”
“Yesterday morning, early.”
“That sucks.”
“It does. I should probably let you go visit.”
“Nah, this is more important right now.”
I smile as I sit on the couch and Eric let’s me talk a good chunk of our conversation. I push off that sick feeling that reminds me of Alex and I spend my night on the phone with Eric.
♠ ♠ ♠
New update! Yay!
So...any idea who she will choose?
I mean, Alex was in the picture first but Eric made things official...hm...
Anyways, that's it for today! :)
Comments are GREATLY appreciated!!