Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

Temptation

“Long time no see,” Ben smiles hugging me.
“Yeah,” I agree as I hug him back.
“Sorry about your grandma,” Jackson says.
“Thanks. Let’s start?”
They nod and we begin our work on our next album. As the guys do their parts, I continue writing songs, practically spilling my life on these pages. We stay in the studio for 6 hours and grow tired.
“Call it a day?” Seth asks collapsing on the chair.
I nod, “yeah, I’m tired.”
“Same,” Jackson agrees.
“Okay, see you guys on Saturday,” Ben says slipping on his jacket.
We all grab our stuff and head outside into the dark.
“Is that snow?” Jackson grins.
“When did it start snowing?!” I ask.
“Not sure, doesn’t seem like it’s been going long,” Ben replies as he observes the road.
I smile, “I better go home. See you later.”
I head off to my car and begin driving home. As I get closer to my building, I notice flashing lights and smoke. Oh shit! I get closer and I see a fire. No, no, no! I park on the side of the road and jump out, running to someone nearby.
“What’s going on?” I ask one of the firefighters by the truck.
“A room on the 4th floor caught on fire.”
“So, what are the other people living here suppose to do?”
“The building is being evacuated so you'll need to find somewhere else to stay for a couple of nights until we can let some residents back in.”
I groan, “just my luck. Thanks.”
I slowly walk back to my car, forgetting about the snow that was once exciting and I keep a watch on the building. I get into my car and call Eric. No reply. Don’t do this. I text him and wait for a reply. Nothing. I stay in the car, not sure where to go. Before I really think, I start the car and I begin to drive off to Alex’s place. I park outside his house and hesitate. It’s just for a couple of hours. I get out and walk up to his door and knock. It takes a little longer for him to answer but he finally does.
“Hey,” he says surprised, “what are you doing here?”
“Um, one of the apartments caught fire so the whole building has to evacuate for a couple of nights. I can’t get a hold of Eric.”
“Would staying here be a smart choice?” He asks.
“I just need to kill time until Eric calls back,” I quickly say Oh I feel awkward.
“Well,” he goes to speak but I hear something.
His name being called. A female. My faces falls to a surprised expression and he sees it.
“Ash,” he begins to say.
I shake my head, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were seeing someone.”
I begin backing off.
“Ash, come inside,” he calls after me.
“No,” I reply and begin for my car, “sorry I interrupted.”
I hear him call my name one last time as I get in my car and I quickly head off. I had no idea he was seeing someone, stupid me. I look at the time and know that Sammy will still be at work. Mom is staying with Aunt Linda while the house is being renovated. I sigh, where do I go? My phone starts ringing and I quickly grab it.
“Ash, you need somewhere to stay, come back. I’ll send Taylor home.”
I sigh, “Alex, it’s not a big deal.”
“Where are you going to stay?”
“A hotel, I guess. I don’t know.”
“See, you don’t know. Just come back.”
“I’ll survive. Get off the phone, it's rude.”
“Is that jealousy I hear?”
I roll my eyes, even though he can't see it.
“No jealousy at all.”
“Don’t make me come find you.”
I chuckle, “Alex, I’m going to come back there, kick your ass and leave.”
“Why is it bad that I’m trying to give you a place to stay?”
“Because I can find somewhere else and I don’t want to interrupt your evening.”
“I'm kicking her out.”
“Alex, I’m ending this conversation. Please just let me find somewhere else to stay.”
He sighs, “fine. But if you can’t find a place, come back.”
I remain silent, thinking of my answer. I sigh. “Fine. Deal.”
“Okay, bye.”
We hang up and I head off to the hotels.
“Are you seriously booked?” I ask, the last hotel I had a chance with.
“Yeah, there was some fire in an apartment building so a lot of people came here, plus we have guests who are travelling through,” the woman at the desk says.
I sigh, “thanks.”
I head out to my car, seeing that the snow is sticking and the ground is filling up. I need to move fast. I call Eric again as I drive and he doesn’t answer again. I groan in frustration as I call Alex.
“Hello?”
“You up for a guest tonight?”
“Of course.”
I sigh as we hang up and I drive back to his place. I park on the side of the street and look off at his house. I don’t want to stay here. I can’t. He appears at the door, waving me in so I cut the engine and I walk up to the door reluctantly.
“Look who’s back,” Alex smiles.
“Can you believe all the hotels here are booked?”
“Not like you live in a tiny apartment.”
I sigh, “right.”
He let’s me inside and takes my jacket.
“I don’t have anything to sleep in,” I say, just realizing.
“That’s a bad thing?”
I shoot him a glare, “yes. I have to go to the store.”
“I’ll join you.”
“You don’t have to.”
“Oh, shut up, Ash,” he chuckles, “if I didn’t want to I wouldn’t offer.”
I sigh as we grab our stuff before we head out to his car and drive to one of the stores nearby. We head inside and begin looking for PJ’s.
“How about these?” Alex asks, holding up more lingerie type PJ’s.
I roll my eyes, “you wish.”
“I sure do,” I hear him say to himself.
I ignore him as I find a pair of PJ’s that will do the job and grab my size. I walk over to Alex as he looks at more clothes.
“I have to grab a toothbrush and toothpaste.”
“I have that at my place.”
“Not a used one.”
He chuckles, “not a used one. I got a couple new ones.”
“Thanks.”
He nods. We begin walking to the cashier and I pay. We head out to his car and he takes us back to his place. We get inside, immediately heading to his guestroom as shiver from the cold outside. I get changed into the PJ’s and they warm me a little more. I walk downstairs, Alex by his fireplace and starting a fire.
“Mind reader,” I say sitting on the couch.
He smiles and joins me.
“So, where’s the boyfriend?”
“No idea,” I sigh, “he hasn’t been answering his phone. It takes me right to his voicemail.”
“Sounds like someone is blocking your calls.”
I roll my eyes, “Eric’s not the type.”
“You sure about that?” He asks as he puts a blanket on me and his arm wraps around.
“Positive,” I say as I feel the warmth coming back to my fingers and toes.
“I’m happy he didn’t answer his phone.”
“Alex,” I say quietly just before his lips press against mine.
“I thought you weren’t going to do this,” I whisper.
“I wasn’t, but I can’t help it anymore,” he says and kisses me.
“We can’t,” I say, but I'm not all that convincing.
“It’s bad,” he says as he pushes me back onto the couch.
The kiss deepens and I slowly give in. In seconds, our clothing is discarded into a pile on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh shit! They did it...bad, bad.
Sorry I had no time to update yesterday.
Hope this chapter satisfied you.
Comment/Subscribe?
:)