Sequel: This Dream Isn't Done
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

I've Got Luck

What Now?

I sit on the bus as we drive off to our next stop for the concert. My mind on Eric and the kiss. I had texted him earlier, asking what that was about and how he felt. This really wasn't exactly helping with my feelings for Alex. I see movement and I look up, Seth sitting across from me.
"What's up?" He asks.
"I don't know," I sigh and I rest my head back.
He gives me a look, "what happened?"
"Eric and I kissed last night and I'm trying to figure out what it means."
"Probably that he likes you," he chuckles.
"But he's never said anything. And now he's not even replying to my texts."
"Maybe he's trying to figure out what to say."
I look at my Blackberry and sigh, "maybe."
"So, why do you seem so upset about this?" He asks.
"I'm not upset...just...I have other things on my mind."
"Who else do you like?"
How would he have guessed that? I shake my head, why bother asking?
"Alex," I say quietly.
"I had a feeling."
I raise my eyebrows, "you did?"
He nods, "yeah. For the past month."
I sigh, "I wonder how obvious it is to everyone else."
"I think you should give Eric a shot."
"You think so?" I asked surprised.
He nods, "don't wait around for another guy if he doesn't feel the same. And Eric's good shit."
Seth sits and talks with me for a while longer. We get to the town and I immediately go to see Anna.
"Hey," I say walking on her bus.
"Hey!"
"What's going on?"
"Just writing. What's up with you?"
I sit beside her, "just...life."
"What's up?"
"I admitted to Alex during my drunken birthday festivities that I like him but he said he didn't think he felt the same and while we were in our hometown last night, Eric, who I've been friends with for 10 years kissed me... unexpectedly and I don't know..."
"Hm," she says thinking, "do you like Eric?"
"I mean... for a long time I always had a crush on him, kind of a bad boy but super kind mix that always grabbed me but I never thought about us like that."
She smiles, "I saw him. He's cute."
I give a small laugh, "he is. He's nice too."
"Go for it. Screw Alex. But of course," she laughs, "not in the way you want."
I shoot her a glare, "I'm done here."
"I'm just kidding! Don't leave!"
My phone vibrates and I look to see a phone call from Eric.
"I have to take this," I say to Anna.
She nods as I stand to make my way outside and I answer it.
"Hey," I answer.
"Hey," Eric says, "I got your text, I thought a phone call would be easier."
"Alright," I reply.
"So, I kissed you because I like you, I'm sure it's obvious."
I chuckle, "yeah I kind of figured."
He laughs, "I've always had a thing for you, Ash. When I left for London I thought that would be the last I'd ever see you again and I don't know... maybe this is fate?"
"Maybe it is," I reply and by some stroke of luck, Alex comes off his bus and see's me.
"So, do you want to try this thing out?" I laugh at his wording.
"You mean us dating?" I ask and I know Alex hears this.
"Yeah, that."
I nod, "yeah, I do," I don't know if part of me is saying this in-spite of Alex who's within range.
"Okay," he replies, "new beginning when you're home?"
"Sounds good," I say.
"I'll take you out for our first date when you get back then," I can hear the smile in his voice.
I smile, "sounds good. I should go, but we'll talk soon."
"Okay, chat later, Ash," he responds.
"Bye," I say before we hang up.
"Hey," Alex says as I turn to head to the bus.
I jump startled, not aware he was that close, "hi," I finally manage out.
"How are you?"
"Good. You?"
"Good," he responds.
I give a small nod, not sure what else to say. Before I have a chance to end this awkward encounter, he speaks.
"Listen," he says, "I'm sorry I told you about the night of your birthday. If I had known it would make things awkward between us I wouldn't have."
I shake my head, "it's fine. I'm okay with it."
"You are?" He asks and I nod.
I hesitate as he watches me, debating to mention anything or not and before I know it, I'm speaking again, "I'm kind of seeing someone."
"Oh," he says, "who?"
"He's an old friend," I reply and I feel a little uncomfortable, "Eric."
"Oh, I didn't know about that."
"It's fairly new," I say quietly.
He adjusts the beanie on his head and we fall into silence.
"I better get back to Anna."
"Okay, I'll see you later."
I nod and walk back on the bus.
"What's the news?" Anna asks.
"I'm with Eric and I like Alex."
She gives me a small smile, "being with Eric will make you forget about Alex."
"You think?" I ask.
She seems to hesitate a little. Lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! I've been busy with school work!
I'm bummed with this chapter, not as good as I planned but it'll hopefully tie you over!
Comments/Subscribe
Thanks!!