The Captain of the Football Team

The Captain Of The Football Team Chapter 14

How many football players does it take to pull one girl off of a guy? Four including a cheerleader.
Travis threw me over his shoulder and walked away from everyone else.
“Put me down!”
“After you relax,” Travis said.
“What did you do to her?” Joel asked.
“Nothing!”
“Bull shit!” I said still dangling over Travis’ shoulder. “You’re using me!”
“I make that sound like a bad thing…”
“Let me at him!” I said kicking my feet a little.
“Okay, everyone out! Twin time,” Janet said pushing everyone out of the room.
Travis put me down and I began to pace around the room. Once the guys lift Janet looking over at me and smiled. “What happened?”
“I made out with him that’s what happened.”
“Again?”
“Yes, it’s turning into a regular thing.”
“What?”
I sighed and told Janet about last night and all the events and thoughts leading up to now.
“You’re really falling for this guy aren’t you?” She said slightly smiling at me.
“I know,” I said falling on the bed. I felt a tear run down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.
“Don’t let him get to you.”
“Yeah…”
Janet gave me a hug before standing up. “Oh, by the way, Joel and I are official.”
I smiled. “You’re welcome.”
“Shut up,” she said before leaving.
I sighed and lied down on the bed. What was I going to do about Jake?
******
The last couple of days leading up to school have been pretty crazy with football and all. Finally school started.
My classes started in the late morning and went till a little after lunch. Then I had football and was able to hang out for the rest of the night. The hardest part of my schedule was avoiding Jake. I saw him at least ten times on campus plus every second of practice. It wasn’t easy ignoring him either.
Every time he saw me he felt the need to say hi or walk next to me. Needless to say he was very annoying, but I managed to ignore him until one unfortunate day in mid October.
I was heading to my dorm after practice when I heard someone calling me.
I turned around to see Jake walking over to me casually.
I sighed and continued walking.
“Wait up!” he called. I could hear his keys jiggling as he jogged over to me. “You’ve been ignoring me lately and I don’t like it.”
“Okay,” I said simply quickening my pace.
“Wait,” he said grabbing my elbow.
I sighed and faced him.
“Are you still made at me?”
I balled up my fist and punched him in the jaw.
“Okay…I take that as I yes.”
I smiled before walking away.
“I still don’t get why you’re not talking to me. I’m having a party Friday night. I want you to be there.”
“Why? So you can get your fix then sleep with some other unfortunate girl?”
“No-”
“Save your lies, I’ve heard them all.”
“You know, you look really sexy today.”
I rolled my eyes and walked away.
“That wasn’t a lie! I’ll see on Friday!”
I waved my middle finger in the air and headed to my dorm.