Status: In Progress

My Vampire Love Story

Sympathy

Conneticut wasn't there. He left a note on his bed stating he had to attend some sort of family meeting about his birthday. My heart was really pounding. I didn't stop running until I got there.

I had two things- No, three things I needed to sort out: 1. Should I tell Conneticut? 2. I had to figure out if this was any of my business, and 3. How will I react to Ciara and Cale and Raja from now on. I still remember what Raja said, "Soon Harins will be all ours."

Werewolves. Would they actually attack?

My mind flashed to Sparky whom was sleeping in his cage. I felt bad for him, sleeping in such a small cage.

I walked over and stood in front of his grey cage. He opened his eyes first and then looked up at me.

"Can you understand me? Really can you?" I asked him. Without hesitation, he nodded his head and I started to feel anxious for some reason.

"Do you know anything about Werewolves planning to attack Harins?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"Do you know anything about their leader missing?" Once again, he shakes his head. "Boy you must have been locked up here a long time." I say with a small laugh. It was quite amusing in my eyes. "OK. I just overheard Cale and Raja talking about how Harins will soon be theirs and how the Werewolves are restless without their leader. If they did attack, would it be dangerous?" He nodded his head and sat up and scratched his ears.

I sat down in front of his cage. I hugged my knees and watched him lick his fur like a cat. Funny, wolves are in the canine family and then vampires act somewhat like cats. Sparky's a cat-dog.

He shot his head up and glared at me.

Oops. I forgot, he can still read my mind. I let out a small chuckle. It was rather amusing. Now that I think of it, I don't really have to talk to him, I can just think to him.

"Finally. A god damned break. You know what Clorori, I'm getting sick and tired of these pointless meetings. Does anyone know I am aware of whats going on? Does anyone know I know when my birthday is. Holy crap! Father is as blind as a snake with ear muffs on!" Conneticut suddenly ranted, barging in the door. I didn't just, I sort of expected him now to appear out of nowhere these days.

"Don't look to me for sympathy."I tell him staring at Sparky. Conneticut threw a random backpack on his bed that is full of stuff. The bed bounced it forward and it nearly knocked my head off. It wasn't that I cared about, It was so god damned heavy.

I use my strength and throw it back on the bed. "What the hell is in here? Bricks?" I ask staring at the bulged bag in the middle of the bed.

"Close. More like early birthday presents from my step-mother. Get this, my step-mother knows don't like her, so she caters to me and gives me gifts and crap and I hate her even more. I hate the way she constantly crawling all over my dad and kissing him and-" He cuts himself off being too disgusted.

I get it. The step-moms just dads new toy. Or His dads just step-moms new toy. She must be a drooler.

"Wait?! Step-mom?" I ask curiously. I was unaware his mother wasn't here anymore. Conneticut sort of stopped moving and stared at the wall with his mouth hanging open. Maybe I accidentally brought back a painful memory.

"Yeah. It's no big deal. She died a very, very long time ago." He says trying to hide how sad he suddenly was. Typical guy, can't show his emotions, even I do that sometimes.

I suddenly began to wonder.
"A very, very long time ago"? I recalled him saying.

"Just forget about it. I got to leave again very shortly. Just, I don't know, clean my room again or something. Just don't leave. I heard Cale is in a mood and he'll get pretty violent since Day is in a comma and won't be able to relieve him."

Hm! I know why he's in a mood.

"You wouldn't happen to know why he's so angry, would you? You obviously left here. Did you meet him and do something to him?" Conneticut questions. I froze staring at the wall past him.
Tell him? Don't tell him? Tell him? Don't tell him?
"Uh no." I say quickly looking away from his eyes. I'm not all when it comes to lying.

"Is that so? You did upset him didn't you? Your such a horrible liar. I outta give you lessons on how to lie." I gulped as he sighed looking at his gold watch which so didn't go with his hair or eyes. Silver would look way better, not that I care. "Well gotta run. Already late. See you later." He says leaving and closing the door behind him. I let out a sigh of relief. Good thing he didn't push the question farther.

There's was suddenly a tiny knock at the door and I watched as the pink side of the door facing me slowly faced away from me. Ciara stood in the threshold staring at me with the eyes I saw when I fist met her. Content and evil, only to everyone else it was shy and joyful. She walked shut the door behind her, smiling at me with a smile that looked like Raja's.