Status: sequel ------------>

Oh Baby, Just Maybe, You're Not the One

011

"Hey." I smiled at him. He had a confused look on his face.

He got up slowly and looked at me. "Bekah." He whispered. He touched the ends of my hair. "Look at you."

"Look at you. You look so different."

"You do, too." He opened his arms and pulled me in them. I snuggled into him.

"I've missed you." I sighed. He kissed me on the cheek.

"A lot of things have changed, babe." He gave me a crooked smile.

"Cam told me you had a new girlfriend."

"Yeah. Her name is Alexis. Are you seeing anyone?"

"I've talked to a few guys, but none of them could keep me interested. You know how I am."

He laughed. "Yeah. Can't be clingy and has to know how to have a good time."

I smiled. "They were always lacking an important element."

His phone started ringing. "Hello? ....Yeah I'm home. The guys and... Ben's little sister. If you want. Bye." He hung up the phone.

"Girlfriend?" I asked. He nodded. "Didn't seem that happy to talk to her."

"I wanted to catch up with you some more. But Alexis is on her way, and she's kind of..."

"Clingy."

"Sometimes. You're still as gorgeous as you've always been, she might be a little..."

"Intimidated?"

"Maybe."

"I can go-"

"No! Stay... meet her I guess... chill. I really have missed you." He squeezed my arm.

I sighed. "Alright."

It didn't take Alexis long to get here. She kind of scared me. She was a lot taller than me, about an inch shorter than Danny, She looked like she hadn't slept in days, she was high when she showed up, and her hair needed to be redyed. Danny sure knew how to pick 'em.

"So you're Ben's little sister? You look just alike." She popped her gum. She was rubbing Danny's knee on the couch. I was playing the XBOX with Sam.

"Mmmm yeah. He's a year older than me OH WHAT SAM SUCK MY COCK!" I yelled. Sam pouted and Danny laughed. I had my tongue out, I was concentrating on this game.

"SUCK DANNY'S BEKAH! OH WAIT, YOU ALREADY HAVE!" Everyone got silent. "OH SHIT I FORGOT I CAN'T JOKE ABOUT THAT ANYMORE." Sam got up and ran into Ben's room.

Well, that was awkward.

"What?" Alexis said. "You two have-"

"Yeah." Danny answered plainly.

"For how long?" She looked at Danny. "Tell me."

"Three years." I looked at her.

"It never meant anything, baby." Danny told her. "We never dated, it was nothing."

I swallowed a lump of hatred. "Yeah. Didn't mean a thing." I got up and cut the game off. I could feel Alexis' eyes making a black hole on my back.

"Danny," I could hear her whine. "She's prettier than me."

"No she's not baby, all she is is Ben's little sister that I made a few mistakes with. That's it."

She giggled and whispered something into his ear, and then they left.

I knocked on Ben's door and walked in. Ben and Sam were under the cover's watching The Notebook.

"Really?" I asked.

"It's a good movie, mate." Sam said, his eyes still glued to the TV. Ben's mouth was hanging open, and I still don't think he has noticed that I walked in.

I rolled my eyes. I knocked on the room James was in and he was on the phone.

"I don't think we should talk like that anymore." He was saying. "It's just that- I like someone else. I wanna go for it, and I don't wanna hurt you in the end. We can still be friends. That's it. Bye."

He turned around and saw me. "You alright, James?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just really confused right now on what I want." He threw his phone on the bed and looked at me. "You look really good, Bekah."

"You do too."

"When I saw you today, these feelings came rushing back to me. I don't know why after knowing that you slept with Danny while being with me, I can still love you more than anything. It's really fucking confusing."

I walked closer to him and looked up. "James, I love you. I should love you, you're so right for me. I love Danny, even though I and everybody else knows I shouldn't. It's confusing for me, too. I know who I want, and then I know who I should want. But what happened between me and Danny five minutes ago has proved that I should not want him. I'm always going to be the other girl when it comes down to it all. I'm never going to be his girlfriend, he's never going to be just mine, nor am I ever going to be just his. It's never going to work, and I need to realize that. And it sucks so fucking much to know I'm never going to be anything more than the girl on the side. It makes me feel like such a fucking slut. I hate myself for cheating on you with him. It was horrible of me, and I'd never do it again, cause me and Danny Worsnop are over. Never again."

He grabbed my hands and kissed me. It was just a soft, gentle kiss, and it made me the happiest girl in the world. I was getting a second chance at something that would make everything right.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into the kiss. He let go and put his forehead on mine.

"I love you, Bekah Lee Bruce, it feels so good to be able to say that to you after so long."

"I love you so much more, James."

"Nah-uhhh."

"Yah-huhhh."

He laughed.