Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 15

“Ugh. It hasn’t even been one day yet and I hate this thing already. And I have to keep this on for how long?” I asked as I eased myself down onto the sofa, and propping up my casted foot.

“At least four weeks,” Joe repeated for the third time but I actually decided to listen this time because I was whining in pain.

“FOUR weeks? I thought it was two!?” I shouted when Andy handed me a glass of water that I had bitched about there being no clean water in the hospital.

“At LEAST four weeks Anna, it could be more,” Joe said sitting on the recliner.

“WHYYY?? Ooh Patrick can you get me a cookie?” I whined throwing my head back then looked up again. The others laughed but Patrick obliged and went to get me what I asked for.

“Anna you kicked the tree so hard you broke your big and two middle toes, your ankle, and you fractured your fibula, just be glad they didn’t put you on BED REST for four weeks.” Patrick said tossing me a cookie. As I raised my hand to catch the cookie, it broke a bit so crumbs fell, and to my disadvantage I was lying down.

“AGH! I GOT A CRUMB IN MY EYEEE!” I shouted and the guys just laughed at me.

“It’s not funny, I have cookie in my eye!” I said getting up and limping to the bathroom.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna use the crutches the hospital gave us?” Patrick asked laughing holding them a bit as I held onto the wall and walked down the hall.

“I’d rather wear high heels when I have nubbin feet for the rest of my life then have anyone see me on crutches.” I said and they all laughed again.

“Let me see them, I never broke my leg or anything so I’ve never got crutches.” Joe said leaning forward to get the crutches from Patrick.

“I hope you fall and break your leg so YOU can use them, cause I really don’t wanna” I said turning on the light and looking into the mirror.

“Anna don’t say that.” Patrick said and I just rolled my eyes and started to wash the crumbs out of my eyes.

“This is so fun Anna! I don’t know why you don’t wanna use the crut-“ Joe started then there was a thump. I had water in my hands but didn’t bring the water to my face yet.

“You slipped on the carpet didn’t you?” I asked with a smile when I heard Joe groan and I just laughed and continued to wash out my eyes.

“Yeahhh” I heard him groan again and now I felt bad.

“Awwh, I’m sorry, come here.” I said when I hobbled out of the bathroom and down the hall and I held my arms out for a hug.

“You better be sorry.” Joe mumbled before hugging me.

“Excusez moi?” I asked leaning back a bit.

“Nothing, nothing, just hug me. I hurt, hug me.” Joe said quickly and hugged me again and I laughed.

“Where’s Petey?? He’s usually pushing Joe away and trying to hug me at this point,” I said looking around when Joe and I’s hug was over.

“I’m not sure, but since when did you start calling him Petey?” Andy asked with a laugh.

“Ever since Avery started calling him that, it’s kinda catchy,” I said biting my cookie and Patrick just rolled his eyes as he handed Joe an icepack for his side and Andy just sat back and laughed at all of this.

“Speaking of Avery, where is that mighty fang?” Patrick asked and I looked at him with my eyebrow raised. “What? You can use nicknames and I can’t?” he questioned and I nodded. “I can never do nothing!” he whined and I laughed. “But did you see her at all today?”

“No, not after she jumped out of the window.” I explained and he nodded, then he got up from his seat and went down to the basement.

“Why is it so quiet here?” I heard someone say from the stairs and I turned to see Syler standing there.

“We’re just waiting for Patrick to come back. He went to talk to Pete about Avery’s possible location.” Joe answered.

“Oh, well I guess I should go now.” Syler said and started taking steps back. We were all confused till we heard Patrick scream bloody murder and run out of the basement with red angry face.

“Patrick?” I asked.

“She left us for him!” He hissed and I looked around the room confused. “She’s on his side now.” My eyes widened.

“She couldn’t, she wouldn’t do that.” I mumbled.

“But she did. She’s just like him.” Pat snapped and I felt tears forming in my eyes.

“Can one of you guys help me to my room?” I asked and Andy nodded and helped me up and when we got to the stairs, Syler helped us as well.

After I was in my room I could still hear Patrick scream from downstairs and I couldn’t help but to feel betrayed. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

*****William’s POV*****


“Mike.” I said and he immediately appeared in front of me.

“Yes?”

“Do you have any idea why my sister suddenly decided to switch sides?” I asked and he nodded.

“I’ve heard that she came back to protect her love.” He said and I sat forward suddenly very curious.

“Do you know who?”

“Yes, and no.”

“Explain.”

“Yes, but I only heard it because my room is not too far from Brendon’s and he’s been cursing Ryan Ross for four hours now.”

“Ahh.” I said smiling. “Thank you Mike, now go send him in.”

“Will do.” He said and bowed before leaving.

About thirty seconds later Brendon showed up and he looked devastated.

“You called?” he hissed and I raised my eyebrows at his attitude. “Sorry.” He apologized.

“I just want to ask you something. Since Avery decided to switch to our sides there was a lot of theories for her doing so, but one of them really stands out to me. You know that she’s in love with someone. And my sources say that you know that certain someone.” I said smiling and he nodded.

“It’s Ryan Ross.” He said and it took everything in me not to laugh. The boy is truly blind.

“You can go now.” I said and he nodded before disappearing.

After that I got out of my seat and went to Avery’s room, or Brendon’s. I just hope that the two will realize the true purpose of me putting them in the same room.

I opened the door without knocking and I could sense Avery. I walked further and eventually into the bathroom. I saw her sitting in the bathtub with tears in her eyes. Something’s not right. She would never let her guard down like that. Not in the presence of the enemy.

I stepped closer to her and offered her my hand.

“Come on, we need to talk. Not as acquaintances, but as a brother and sister.” I said with a soft smile playing on my lips. The hesitantly took my hand and we disappeared off to some abandoned building where we used to play as kids.

“What do you wanna talk about?” she asked as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand. I took my hat off and put it on the ground as I sat down and patted the ground next to me. She just shook her head and stood there. I just shrugged.

“You’re lying. Not just to me, but to Brendon, and possibly to Ryan.” I said and she raised her eyebrows.

“What are you talking about?”

“Enough with the bullshit Avery, I know you don’t love Ross. Brendon’s in love with you and you keep pushing him away, not to mention you keep playing with his feelings.” I said and she started laughing.

“What do you know about love?” she snapped “All you do is destroy everything and everyone around you. You never gave a damn about me before and you don’t now, so why bother. The only reason you ever said that you love me is to just trap me and use my powers for your own good.”

“I don’t know what to say to that.”

“Of course you don’t, because there is no excuse for what you do. Just because you like one of my closest friends it doesn’t mean that you start to be nice all of a sudden. You’re a monster. You took everyone I love from me, including yourself.”

“I’m sorry.”

“But you’re not.”

“I am.” I insisted and stood up to look her in the eyes. “I know who you really love, and as sure as hell it’s not Ryan. Why do you think I put you in the same room as him? To make sure that two of my stronger fighters would be on good basis? Hell no. It’s because I’m sick of you two walking around blind.”

“You’re lying.”

“No, I’m not. You can read vampire’s mind, read mine. You can feel our feelings, feel mine.”

“I can’t believe you. As much as I want to, I can’t.” she said shaking her head.

“Then talk to Brendon. I’m begging you Avery, talk to him.” I said and she looked at me with shocked expression. “I’m your brother, Avery, not a monster you think I am.”

“Then stop the attacks on the hunters.” She said and I smiled.

“There aren’t as many Dandies out there as you think. Our number keeps decreasing because I decided to add a skylight in the dungeons.”

“You are a monster.” She said and I shook my head.

“I don’t care what you say, just talk to him. Swear that you’ll talk to him and Ryan, they both deserve to know the truth.” I said and she nodded before disappearing.

Let’s just hope that she goes through with her promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe :)