Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Chapter 17

I woke up to an unusual light shining in my face. I opened one eye to see a flashlight being pointed at me.

“May I ask w- WHAT THE FUCK?!” I shouted when I felt something fall on my casted foot.

“Sorry,” Andy said sheepishly and I just pursed my lips and stared at the four boys in my room.

“Let’s try this again,” I said taking a deep breath so I wouldn’t lash out on anyone because the pain was throbbing in my foot.

“May I ask what you guys are doing?” I said looking back and forth from them all.

“We wanted to make sure you were okay,” Joe said.

“Well I’m fine, minus the unbearable pain in my foot again, anyway what was that you dropped on my foot Andy?” I asked looking to see what he had behind his back.

“Well we wanted to see how okay you were feeling, because we were gonna go on-“ Patrick started then Andy pulled a big basket out from behind his back.

“A picniiiiiiiiic” they all smiled and I awed.

“That’s so sweet,” I said with a laugh.

“Wait, there’s snow on the ground-“

“We cleared a spot earlier.” Pete said.

“What time is it?” I asked.

“Noon.” They all said.

“Oh alrighty then. I got a shower last night so I’m good, I just gotta get changed. Can someone please help me up so I can change out of mah jammies?” I asked stretching my hands out.

“Thank you Patrick,” I said as he helped me up and I limped towards my closet. I put on a pair of my good sweatpants, a Thirty Seconds to Mars t-shirt and a big sweatshirt. I kept my one fuzzy sock on and slipped my right Adidas sandal onto my foot and walked out. I hobbled towards the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair out and straightened it a bit and put on a little bit of makeup. I walked to the front of my room and grabbed the hat I wore the other day when Patrick and I had our argument. I walked over to the guys who had been ready since they came into my room, and put my phone and ipod in my jacket pockets.

“Ready!” I smiled and they laughed a bit. Pete lifted me up and sat me on his shoulder and walked me down the flights of stairs til we reached the front door. He walked me down those steps to and waited til we were at the bottom of the drive before asking me if I wanted to be put down.

“We could take the car if you want, or we can walk and you can sit on Pete’s shoulder. I don’t want you walking so far in your cast.” Patrick said.

“If it’s up to me, we’re walking, ‘cause I really don’t feel like going all over town in the Vamp Mobile,” I said and they chuckled at that.

“But I really like the view from up here. I feel like I’m on top of the world,” I smiled and the others laughed at me. Pete held onto my legs to make sure I wouldn’t fall off his shoulders, and everyone started to walk. I rested my hands on top of Pete’s head and kicked my feet a bit. Fifteen minutes passed and Pete was the first to break the silence in the quiet walk.

“Hey Annie,”

“Yes Petey?” I said looking down at him.

“Even though I have a very high tolerance for pain being a vampire and all, please stop kicking your feet, the plaster cast kinda hurts from being hit over and over in the same spot,” he said.

“Sorry.” I said and stopped moving my feet.

“Thank you.” He said and we continued to walk.

“How much farther? I’m getting tireddd,” I whined.

“Quiet you, you’re not even walking!” Andy said and I just stuck my tongue out at him.

“Well what kinda food did you guys make?” I asked trying to grab the basket from Joe’s hand but he swung it out of my reach.

“You’ll find out when we get there.” Patrick said and I stuck my tongue out again. So instead of bickering with the others I just started to look around at the beautiful snow covered scenery. We walked a bit farther and I saw the clearing.

“Is that it there?” I asked pointing.

“No, that’s someone else’s spot,” Pete said.

“Oh… okay,” I said and the others started to laugh.

“You’re so dumb Anna,”

“Shut up Joe, I have a cast on my foot mind you, I can knock you out with one kick to the head,” I said and he went quiet.

“I take that back for him, you aren’t dumb Anna, you’re mean.” Andy said.

“That statement applies to you too Andy.” I spat.

“Anna you really are being kinda harsh, are you okay?” Patrick asked and I just sighed.

“I don’t know. I think I’m just angry because I broke my fucking foot, and I’m just really tired.”

“Well if you’re tired you could’ve said something and we would’ve let you sleep,” Pete said and I shook my head.

“You guys already made the food, I didn’t want it to spoil just because I wanted to sleep more. It’s fine, I hope this little picnic brings my spirits up though, I really need it.”

“That’s why we did this, you need to get out of the ‘house’ and get a little bit of fresh air.” Patrick said and I smiled.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” He smiled back. I leaned to my left and kissed his head and he just laughed. We got to the clearing and Patrick pulled a blanket out of the basket and laid it on the ground.

“You even got a red and white checkerboard blanket? How cliché. But it makes the picnic, congrats, you get brown nosing points,” I chuckled and they laughed.

“So for the second time, what kind of food did you guys make?” I asked rubbing my hands together.

“The perfect kind of picnic food,” Andy said starting to take containers out of the basket and placing them all around.

“And that would beeeee?” I asked.

“We got sandwiches, fruits, chocolate covered fruits, a lot of more small snacks, and pies!” Joe said and got a bit over-enthusiastic about the pies. I laughed but my jaw dropped when I saw how much food was actually pulled out of the basket.

“Wow. That’s a lot of food!” I said and they all smiled.

“When did you get the time to make all of this? I’m serious guys, this is a crazy amount of food!”

“Well we bought the pies and chocolate covered fruits the other day when you and Patrick had your little… dispute,” Joe said

“And we made the sandwiches and cut the regular fruits this morning.” Andy said quickly stepping in seeing how I didn’t wanna talk about the day of the fight.

“This is amazing guys, thank you so much. I think this is just what I needed to brighten my day.” I smiled and they all hugged me. We ate and hung out and just laughed and joked around like the old times. After a couple hours, we packed everything back up, Pete hoisted me onto his shoulders and we began our walk back to the warehouse. We neared the bottom of the driveway and saw someone on the porch with their arms crossed.

“Fuck, we forgot to tell Syler we were going out,” I mumbled.

“We’ll deal with it when we get up there, just hush.” Pete said and I nodded.

“Have fun on the picnic did we?” Syler asked as he leaned against the corner pole with his arms still crossed.

“Uh-hu,” we all mumbled.

“Thanks for the invitation. Just kidding. But thanks for NOT telling me you guys where leaving for like, four hours!” he shouted.

“We’re sorry, I just realized we didn’t tell you when I-“

“Saw me standing here when you guys where at the bottom of the drive,” he cut me off and I just bit my lip.

“Whatever, just get your asses in here and don’t ever scare me like that again. Especially you Anna, with your broken foot and all,” he said opening the door for us and letting us go in ahead of him.

“You don’t have to worry about Anna’s safety when we’re out, that’s my job.” Pete growled as he took me off his shoulders, placed me on the couch and turned back towards Syler.

“I can worry about whoever means something to me. And since Anna is close to Avery, whom I care for deeply, I care about Anna if I want to,” Syler hissed back.

“Will you guys knock it off?! No wonder Avery got so mad at you two, you really are terrible when you fight! Just please, stop fighting! For mine and Avery’s sake!” I said and they glared at each other once more before turning away and joined the rest of us in the living room. We did nothing for about a half an hour before finally deciding to turn on the tv. We channel surfed for who knows how long, before there was a little poof, and when the smoke cleared, Avery was standing in the middle of the living room.