Status: Active! Lack of updates Due to Laziness, but shit happens.

If I Was Perfect Than This Would Be Easy

Chapter 8

I looked up from the tattoo that I was doing and glanced at the clock. It was nearly 3. Stifling a groan I went back to work.

I was doing a tramp stamp on some bleach blond bimbo. She'd walked in and said she'd wanted something along her lower back. She went through all of the books of tattoos for that area and changed her mind about twenty times before deciding she wanted a custom piece.

So from there I had had to sketch it out and she'd changed her mind another twenty times about how she wanted the font and what kind of flowers would surround it and what color. To top it off she'd get pissed when she changed her mind and blamed me saying I'd done it wrong. All of this had taken five times longer than a piece this size normally would and left me wanting to bash her skull in with one of the look books up front.

Finally I finished the tattoo. It was the words 'Bad Girl' in a curly font with all sorts of colorful hibiscus flowers around it. Frankly it was the trashiest tattoo I'd ever done and I'd had my fair share of trashy requests.

"Alright you're all done." I said as I finished bandaging the tattoo and pulled off my gloves.

"Well it's about time!" she scoffed and stood up.

She paid me quickly before walking out without even a thank you.

"Bitch." I scoffed as I started cleaning up my station.

"Bad client?"

I looked up and saw my boss Harry smiling at me over the little wall that separated his station from mine.

"Yeah. On top of it I have to be at the airport in a half hour." I replied.

"Well you'd better get moving then kid." he replied and headed back to his office.

I glanced at the clock and saw it was nearly 3:30 now. There was no way that I could get to my house, get my bag and then get to the airport. Suddenly an idea popped into my head and I pulled my phone from my back pocket. I found the number I was looking for and hit send.

"Hello?" Johnny's voice asked from the other end.

"Have you left for the airport yet?" I asked.

"No I'm about to. What about you?" he asked.

"I'm still at fucking work! I had this client that-never mind. Look can you do me a favor pretty please?" I asked.

"Sure what's up?" he asked.

"Can you swing by my place and grab my suitcase and meet me at the airport? I don't have time to go back to my apartment then back in time to make the plane." I replied.

"No problem hon. Johnny Christ to the rescue." he laughed.

"My hero! See you in a bit." I replied and hung up.

Today the lot of us were heading to Australia for a few weeks. Kade had been missing her sister and mom tons lately and wanted to go see them and had asked if we'd like to tag along. Unlike the rest of my friends I'd never left the US so I'd jumped at the chance. Plus I'd had a vacation coming for a long time now. I had so much over time at work that I could probably take a year off and still get paid.

I threw the last of my trash out and yelled a goodbye to my boss and co-workers before climbing in behind the wheel of my car. I peeled out of the parking lot and got onto PCH. Twenty minutes later I arrived at the airport. I parked in 'Long Term' parking and hurried inside where all my friends were already waiting.

"Sorry I'm late!" I yelled as I skidded to a stop.

"No problem hon as long as you're here." Val said putting her arm around my shoulders.

"I had this AWFUL client and...god I wanted to beat her senseless!" I said running my hands thorough my newly black dyed hair.

"Well thank god you didn't or I'd have no one to share that hotel room with." Johnny said coming over pulling my pink suitcase behind him.

"Ah! Thank you Johnny!" I said taking my suitcase from him.

"No problem." he said.

A few minutes later our plane began boarding. My seat was beside Jimmy. Somehow when we'd gone to book the tickets they'd put all of us in random spots. Val and Leana were all the way in the back, Matt and Kade were five rows in front of them, Brian, Michelle and Johnny were in the very front, Zacky was by himself somewhere in the middle and Jimmy and I were in the back. Then the flight attendants had refused to let us switch seats. It was insane.

We had a 14 hour flight in front of us so I curled up in my seat and rested my head on Jimmy's shoulder. Well...since he was so much taller it was more of his arm than his shoulder but whatever. I put my ipod on and closed my eyes.

Jimmy had always been my cuddle buddy. It had never been unusual to find him in my bed or vice versa. We had no attraction to one another like that. I was soon asleep.

I had worked until close the night before which was 12 then had been up til 4 packing and had been back up at 6 to head to work. Then there was the fact that I kept having the weirdest dreams. I was running towards a figure in the distance however they kept getting farther and farther away. Finally I'd reach them but before I could see their face I'd wake up screaming. It didn't happen every night but it happened often enough that I was exhausted.

I slept for most of the plane ride. The only times I woke up were to eat and watch The Chronicles of Narnia with Jimmy on his laptop. The last time was when we were landing.

Still half asleep I threw my long dead Ipod into my bag and stood up and exited the plane.

"Wake up!"

I jumped a mile in the air as Brian's voice ran through my ears.

"Fuck you Gates." I said flipping him off.

"Sorry hon but I'm taken." he smirked.

"Psh...Like you'd ever get a piece of this anyhow." I laughed.

"Nah probably not. However if you ever do decide to share since I'm taken I vote you share it with Short Shit. Poor kid hasn't been fucked in forever." Brian said with a laugh.

"Go jump off something Brian." Johnny muttered punching him in the arm.

I felt my cheeks grow warm at that thought of the fact that Johnny had recently had sex. With me. He just didn't know it.

Twenty minutes later we were settling into our rooms. Kade and Zacky were staying at her Mom's place while the rest of us were in a hotel nearby. Matt and Val were at the end of the hall, Brian and Michelle were next to them, then Jimmy and Leana and finally Johnny and I since we had no one else and it was cheaper than getting two separate rooms.

"Oh my god this bed is amazing." I said flopping onto a bed.

"I know. I'm tired as hell. Jet lag is fucking horrible." he said collapsing on his own bed.

Back home the sun was just rising while here it was hardly setting.

"We'll probably get used to it before we leave." I replied.

He laughed, "Probably."

Despite the fact that I'd slept practically the whole way here I felt my eyes grow heavy and a moment later I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! Paige you're up!