Status: nearly done

Falling For

Second Task

Walking to the second task with Gwen, Markus, and Florence whilst sporting our Hufflepuff colours made me feel a lot better about the whole situation with George. I hadn't seen him since the incident in the court yard and I was very on edge about the topic. I was filled to the brim with breakfast after a night of not eating, and regardless of the fact that I had promised myself I would lose weight, I had basically eaten half my weight in porridge.

"Betting today?" Fred and George were standing in the middle of the path, holding out galleons and sickles and nuts, coaxing first years into betting on the lives of others… General Weasley twin activities. Attempting to slide passed them without being noticed, I hid behind Gwen and kept my head down while I trotted down the hill towards the boats.

"Min!"

Angelina had caught up to me with her scarf wrapped tightly around her neck. I smiled at her and slowed down to match her stride, pottering along at such a pace that seemed old-womanly.

"You weren't at dinner last night." She sighed and I shrugged.

"Tired." I lied through my teeth, soon jumping as a hand on my shoulder pulled me from behind and tucking me under whoever's arm it was. Flinching at the smell of a Weasley boy, I watched as Angelina was steered off by, if I assumed correctly, Fred. The look on her face read of sheer confusion and it complimented my look of pure lividity perfectly.

"Hello." George greeted as I defrosted under his beautiful touch. A kiss graced the top of my head and I smacked his arm off of my shoulder.

"Don't you even 'hello' me, you prick!" I scolded him as I was quickly reclaimed by those rough quidditch hands. He guided me under his shoulder down towards the boats where we finally stopped beside the dock, taken away from the rush of crowd.

"I'm sorry." He pulled me to his front and I grudgingly complied. I buried my face into his sweet smelling jacket and thought about what to say while he blabbered on with his reasonings. "I'm sorry-- I just got a little worried with the whole physicality of what we've been doing… Then some Ravenclaw prat mentioned Pucey and I got really paranoid and you mentioned Fred's high voice and I practised for so long and mastered it just to figure out where we are and---"

"Oh shut up, George." I mumbled fairly into his jacket and his arms went limp for a second. "Why don't you just ask me these things? I'd be more than happy to incline to your questions."

"I didn't think you'd answer." His response bit into my hair and I shook my head.

"You obviously don't know me very well, do you?"

"Well, not really." He muttered. "Seeing as all we do is---"

"SHH." My finger found its way up to press itself against his lips. "Shh." He started laughing and I couldn't help but grin along. I pulled free, taking his hand in mine before stepping onto the dock. "After the task we'll go have a big talk session somewhere if that's what you want?"

He rolled his eyes at me as we stepped into the boat. I could spot Fred's red hair a few boats in front of us, knowing that his ride was not going to be as relaxed as mine. I leant forward and grabbed his brothers hands and sighed at him tiredly. He grinned softly at me and I knew he had agreed to my proposal, only making my grip tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited: 20/07/14