Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Sixteen

Christmas break was finally right around the corner. I was trying to talk my mom into letting me go live with Dad while he's in LA. I wanted to finish my senior year out there and get a tutor or something. Things down here got worse when Alan and Kameron came back to school. Everyone knew I blamed them for Jamey's death and it was essentially their fault. They would harass me if Jason wasn't around and I was sick of it.

"Mom, please..."

"Hadley. Stop badgering me about it. I told you no."

"Dad said I could."

"You asked him even though I said no?"

I bit my lip. "Yes?"

"Ugh. Fine. You can go out there since Joey is recording with Slipknot, but you have to got to school or be home schooled."

"Okay."

I hugged my mom and ran up to my room. The only bad thing would be leaving Jason. No, we aren't dating, but we do occasionally make-out...I guess you'd consider us friends with benefits without the sex..yet.

He was coming over in about twenty minutes and I don't know if he's going to be pissed or not about me leaving. It won't be for another week or so anyway because school doesn't get out until the 19th and I won't leave until the 21st.

"Hadley, I'm leaving for work. If Jason comes over, you better be good. I'll have Johnny come and check up on you at about 8."

I rolled my eyes. Yes, she was still dating him. I think he was going to propose soon. I could feel it. I still didn't like him. He was very strict and thought that he could tell me what to do. He's just my mom's boyfriend. I don't plan on calling him dad or anything. My mom has also changed a lot since Jamey died. She didn't let me hang around with anyone except Jason. It was like she was afraid she'd loose me too.

"Alright mom. We'll be fine."

She hugged me and then walked out of my room and down stairs. I heard her walk out the door and then leave. I texted Jason and told him my mom was gone. He said he'd be there in 10 minutes.

He walked in the door as soon as I walked into the living room.

We sat down on the couch and started making out.

"Let's go to your room.." Jason said. I was feeling too good at this point to say no.

Things got more heated in my room and before I knew it were about to have sex.

"Jason, we can't right now."

"Why?"

"Because,for one, we aren't dating,and two,I'm leaving on break.."

"Break isn't for another week or so.."

"No, Jason, I don't think you understand what I mean, I'm leaving. I'm going to stay with my dad while he's in Cali and then I'm going back to Iowa with him."

He looked mad and sad at the same time.

"Why though?" He asked.

I bit my lip, "I just need to get away from everyone and everything.."

"Okay,I guess I'll see you later?" He said getting up and pulling his shirt and pants on then walked out of my room.

"Jason! Wait!" I yelled as I followed him downstairs and out to his car.

"No. You're being a baby about all of this Hadley. I told you I'd help you, but whatever." He got into his car and drove away.

It's Friday night now and I haven't talked to Jason since Tuesday. I'm not worried about it. My friend Abbi invited me to stay at her house with a couple of other people. I think I'll go. She moved here a couple of weeks ago with her family. I kind of have a crush on her and I think she's bisexual also. No one other than Dad knows about me now.

Anyway, I got my stuff together and then drove over to Abbi's house.

"Hey girl. I didn't think you were coming" She said as she opened the door for me.

I shrugged, "I decided to anyway."

I followed her upstairs to her room where two other people were sitting.

"This is Hadley. Hadley, this is Reese and Liza."

"RESSE!!" I yelled hugging her.

"Hey. What have you been up to?"

"Not much.."

Liza and Abbi raised their eyebrows.

"My mom is dating her dad.." I replied.

"Oh,well, my sister is dating her brother Dylan."

"Oh..cool." I replied.

We sat around and talked until Reese and Liza fell asleep.

"Um, I know this is going to sound weird and junk, but I think you're hot." Abbi said.

I smirked, "Its not weird.."

"Oh, I just thought you were straight."

"No..no one really knows that I'm bi...just my dad..and Jamey knew."

"Oh. So you've never been with another girl before?"

I shook my head.

She sat down next to me on her bed. Then she leaned over and kissed me.

We pulled away after about a minute.

"So, did you like it?" She asked. I smiled at her.

"Yeah..it was nice." I replied.

She leaned in and kissed me again.

"Can we watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sure. What do you wanna watch? I have a lot of movies."

"Um, do you have The Lost Boys?" I asked.

"Yep." So she put the movie in and then sat back on her bed next to me.

We both fell asleep half way through the movie and I woke up the next morning with Abbi's arms wrapped around my waist.

I bit my lip and smiled.