Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Two

Nick and I have hung out every day since we met. It's finally Christmas Eve and I'm all excited. Dad just passed out. He's been drinking with Sid and Chris. He better not expect me to take care of him tomorrow, because I'm not going to do it.

I fell asleep while I was reading and I still woke up at seven.

"MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!!!!!" I yelled running down the stairs and into the living room.

"Hadley! Goddamn it. I have a fucking headache." Dad said glaring at me.

I smiled innocently at him and sat down in front of the Christmas tree. We didn't get a tree until the other day and we only got it because I begged Dad to get one.

"Did Sid and Chris leave?" I asked. Dad nodded.

"Mkay." I replied. Dad went to kitchen and then came back with a two bottles of water and some Advil. He handed me one of the bottles and I took a drink of it.

"Can I open presents now?" I asked.

"Yeah, there's like four from me and a couple from your mom and then you have some from Corey, Wednesday, and some other people."

"Coolie. I got you some stuff too. Its up in my room."

He handed me all of the ones from him. He got me a two hoodies: HIM and the RJA one I wanted. He also got me the new A7X cd and a couple of movies. Then he handed me a little box.

"Dad?"

"Just open it."

I did what he said and there was a key in the box. I just raised an eyebrow at me.

"Come on." He said. I followed him out into the garage.

"Oh My God!" I exclaimed, "THANK YOU!"

"You're welcome." I hugged dad and then walked over to my new car. It's a 2008 Civic Sedan EX-L in Nighthawk Black Pearl.

"Did you tell mom about the car?"

"Yeah, she didn't care because she knew you needed a new car anyway. Johnny freaked out though. I laughed at him." Dad replied.

"I'm so going to see Nick later." I said as I followed him back inside to open the rest of the presents. I got a shirt airbrushed for him. It says coolest fucking dad in the world. I also got him some drum sticks and just a bunch of other random stuff. I got mainly clothes from the rest of the guys. Well, Sid, Chris, and Corey. Those are the main guys I'm close with....other than Wednesday, Acey, Ben and Eric. Anyway, I ate something and then took a shower.

I got dressed in a Fall Out Boy shirt and a plaid mini skirt and pulled on a pair of boots that Wednesday bought me. I did my hair and make-up then looked in the mirror.

"Damn. I look hot." I said to myself. I grabbed my purse which had my phone and stuff in it. I walked down stairs to see Corey sitting on the couch with Dad. Nick had just texted me and said I could come over.

"Dad, can I go see Nick now?"

"Yeah, be home around 5 because we're having a get together."

"Okay." Then I walked out to my new car with my cd's in hand. I started it up and then popped in a mixed cd. I rolled all the windows down and turned on Misery Business.