Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Six

I was woken up the next morning by my dad and Wednesday yelling at each other. Nick was still beside me and he was wide awake.

"They're yelling about us being in here together." Nick said.

"They didn't have a problem the last time we fell asleep on my bed."

"Yeah, but last time we weren't drunk." Nick replied.

I climbed out of my bed and walked out of my room.

"WOULD YOU TWO PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP?!" I yelled, "People are trying to sleep. Thanks." I turned on my heel and went back to my room. I ended up slamming the door in Dad's and Wednesday's faces. I locked it too.

My dad tried to open the door and freaked out when he couldn't.

"Hadley, open the damn door."

"No, not until you two tell me why you're freaking out on Nick and I."

"Fine. Just open the door."

I did as he asked.

"We were freaking out because we didn't know that you came home last night and we thought you two had had sex or something."

I laughed, "Wow dad, I know I'm not a virgin and I suppose most people consider me a skank back home, but I really like Nick. I like him enough to not rush this." I said.

"Really?" Nick asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes, really. Are you happy now, dad?"

"Yep." He and Wednesday left and I laid back down next to Nick.

"So, um, Hadley, do you want to go see a movie with me sometime?" Nick asked.

"Sure, but right now, I'm going back to sleep."

"Okay." He kissed my cheek and I settled back into his arms.

We did go on our date. We made out through the whole movie. It was pretty great.

Today is my first day of school. I'm dreading it. I don't want to be the new kid.

When I got out of my really hot shower, I put on a pair of jeans and my Party Like A Rock star shirt. I slipped on flip-flops and then brushed my hair and did my make-up.

Dad is going to drop me off today because I don't have a parking spot.

"Let's go Hadley." Dad said.

"Mkay." I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

"Hey, I was thinking that after school, I could take you to Kat's shop."

"Kat Von Dee?"

"Mhmm."

"Sweet."

We finally got to the school and I got dropped off at the office since I didn't know where the hell I was going.

I stepped into the building and talk to the lady at the window.

"Hi, I'm Hadley Jansen. I'm new here." I said.

"Hello, come in." She said. I pushed the door open.

"I'm Mrs. Baker. This is your schedule and locker combination. Your dad also paid for your parking spot so here is the decal. It needs to be on the back of your car." She said.

"Okay, thanks."

I walked out of the room and then looked at my schedule. British Lit was first period and it was room 445. I'm glad I'm good at finding places because I found it in no time. Class had already started so I just walked in.

"Can I help you?" A guy who looked to be in his twenties asked.

"Um, I'm Hadley. The new girl."

"Welcome then. You can sit next to Bradin. Raise your hand Bradin." I saw the guy raise his hand and I sat in the empty desk to his left.

"So tell us a little about yourself. I'm Mr. Shoemaker." He said.

"Um, well, I'm from Georgia. I'm 17 and yeah." I replied.

"Pshh, she's a redneck." I heard some girl say. I turned around and looked at her. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. Typical stereotype Californian Barbie. This is going to suck big time.