Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

When I left school, I went to Sonic and got something to eat and then I headed home. Dad was sitting on the couch with Wednesday.

"Hadley, don't tell your mom I said this, but damn, you kicked ass today." Dad said.

I laughed, "She deserved it. You don't talk shit about my friends...especially Jamey. That'll get the crap knocked out of you."

Wednesday then laughed at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nick is in the kitchen. Joey called him."

I looked at him dad with a raised eyebrow.

"You called him?" I asked.

"Yeah, why are you surprised?"

"I don't know. Later" I replied. I walked off into the kitchen.

"Nickypoo.." I whined.

"Shit Had. Your face is bruised." He said.

"Yeah..the bitch got in some good slaps and junk, but that's it. Wanna kiss it and make it better?" I asked.

He grinned and I walked over next to him.

"So..how about that kiss?" I asked.

"You're being very flirty with me today.." Nick said. I backed off a little bit.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Well no, but your dad and Wednesday are in the living room."

"So?" I asked. He just rolled his eyes and pulled me to him. We ended up making out for about five minutes until Wednesday interrupted us.

"Hey Joey, looks like you're going to have to put a leash on this daughter of yours." He yelled.

Dad came walking into the kitchen, "Why don't you just date each other already? I mean seriously." He said and then walked back out.

"Uh, did that just come out of Joey's mouth?" Wednesday asked.

"Yeah, I think so.." I replied.

"Mhmm, well, Hadley, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Nick asked.

"Hm. Yep.." I replied. He kissed me again.

Wednesday walked out and I could hear him talk to dad.

"They're dating now, thanks to you. I think we should give her some ground rules."

"Wednesday, chill. She's a good kid."

"Yeah, very true"

I rolled my eyes.

"They talk about me like I can't hear them." I said.

"Mom and Dad do that to me and Sophie all the time too. You just get use to it."

I shrugged, "Speaking of moms, do you wanna meet mine when she comes into town this weekend?"

His face kind of tensed up, "I suppose."

"You don't have to if you don't want to"

"No, I want too. " He replied.

"Mkay."

"How bad is your punishment?"

"Three days of suspension...that's it."

"Wow, I thought you'd be arrested."

"Yeah, me too. I was scared to death about that..but she deserved it. Like I told dad, no one gets away with talking about Jamey the way Madison did." I replied.

Nick wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What did she say?"

"Just that it was probably good that Jamey died. That really hurt when she said that."

"Baby, don't worry about it. Madison is just jealous that you had a real friend. She's just a fake ass bitch." Nick replied.

I laughed, "Do you know her?"

"Kind of....she's friends with some of the girls Sophie hangs with. Don't ask me how she knows them because I don't even know."

"Oh.." I replied.

"Yeah." He looked down at his cell phone.

"I gotta go. Mom wants me home in a little while." He said.

"Okay." I walked him to his car.

"I'll call you later." He said. He kissed me on the lips and then left.

"Wahoo!! Hadley is gonna get some." Wednesday yelled as I walked back into the house.

I gave him a 'wtf?' look. He was just telling dad to put a leash on me and now he said that.

He is so weird. I'm not even kidding you.

"Please refrain from speaking to her like that in front of me, it's weird.." Dad said.

"Yeah, really weird. I'm going to go take a nap. I have a massive headache." I replied.

"Okay, we will see you later. If I'm not here when you wake up, I'm probably with Corey or someone." Dad said. I just nodded and then walked up to my room.