Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty

I woke up around ten that night. I had two missed calls on my cell phone from Nick.

I didn't feel like calling him back so I texted him and told him I just woke up.

Do you want to come out with me?

sure. I texted back.

He said he'd be over in twenty minutes. I brushed out my hair and re-did my makeup. Then I slipped on my vans. I grabbed my phone and then walked downstairs. Dad was passed out on the couch so I left him a note on the table next to his phone.

Nick text me to let me know he was outside so I quietly slipped out of the house.

"What's with this late night meet?" I asked climbing into the passenger seat.

"I just wanted to see you. Do you want to go get a milkshake from Sonic?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied.

We pulled up to the restaurant and ordered our milkshakes. Nick got a Vanilla one and I got an Oreo one. It was silent as we sipped on them and then Nick pulled out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He shrugged, "You wanna go back to my house?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

When we got to his house, no one was there.

"They aren't going to get mad that I'm here when they aren't, right?" I asked.

"No.."

"Okay.."

We walked into the house then to his room. I finished drinking my milkshake and then threw the cup in his trash can.

"So what are we doing?" I asked.

Nick shrugged. I walked over to the bed and climbed up next to where he was sitting.

"Ya know, I haven't been totally happy for awhile. I'm glad I came here." I said. He wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm glad you came here too. My parents like you, my sister likes you,so it's all good." Nick said.

I laughed, "I'm glad they like me. Dad seems to like you. Wednesday does too, I think."

"I hope so."

"I'm tired." I yawned.

"You just woke up not to long ago and you had a milkshake." Nick said.

"So?" I pouted.

"Do you want me to take you home or do you want to stay here?" He asked.

"Can you take me home? I don't want my dad to freak out on me." I said.

"Okay. I don't want him to freak out either."

He drove me home and then walked me to my door.

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" He said.

"Okay." I replied. He leaned down and kissed me. We made out until the front door opened. When that happened, we jumped apart.

"Hi dad.." I trailed off. He rolled his eye and motioned for me to come inside.

"Bye Nick."

He walked off the porch and then to his car. I followed my dad inside.

"I'm glad you left a note, but you could've woke me up. Why did you go out anyway?" Dad asked.

"Because Nick wanted to see me" I replied.

"Okay.."

"Night." I said hugging him. I walked back to room and fell asleep.