Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-Two

"Hadley," Dad said through the door, "They're done eating."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. The moment I'd been dreading was coming at me full force, however I could never have been prepared for the news I was about to get.

Nick and I had walked downstairs and we were seated on the couch.

"Hadley," Mom said, "Johnny and I have some news."

I just nodded my head.

"Well, you're going to have a little brother or sister." Mom finally said.

I sat there in shock.

"Wait, what? Rewind and play that again."

"We're serious Hadley." Johnny said.

I ran my hand over my face.

"You're a fucking hypocrite." I said after a silence.

"How are we hypocrites?" Mom asked.

"Think back to the conversations we've had. When you started dating him, everything changed. You started bitching about everything. Hm, I seem to recall something about not having premarital sex. You two aren't married yet. How far along are you?"

"About seven weeks." Mom said. I just shook my head.

"Hadley, are you mad?" Mom asked.

"Yeah, I'm mad." I replied.

"You have no reason to be Hadley Marie. I bet all you've been doing is whoring around since you got here. I mean, you've been here what, four weeks and you already have a boyfriend?" Johnny said with a smug look.

I glared daggers at him, "Go to hell. I'm not a whore."

"Yeah, whatever." Reese spouted off.

"Shut the fuck up."

Nick took my hand and pulled me up, "Its time for us to go somewhere. I don't need you beating the shit out of her."

"Yeah, I agree. Nick, you can take her back to your house if you want."

"Okay, well go hang out with Sophie and Dad."

Nick lightly pushed me out the door and to his car.

I didn't say a word until we were at his house.

"How could she do this to me? She knows I hate Johnny. I despise him. I..just.ugh..fuck her."

"Hadley, don't say that. I know you're pissed baby, but calm down. You're scaring me."

Nick has never seen me mad since I met him. I bet it was freaking him out.

"I'm sorry, it's the Jordison genes shining through." I replied. Nick had sat down on the couch and he pulled me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head against his chest.

I was starting to notice the little things about Nick. Like the way he would rub my back when I was sad, like he was doing now. It scares me how much I'm falling for him in this short amount of time. Its crazy. I've never been this happy with someone. For once, it's something real. It's not random fucks, drugs and alcohol. It's me and Nick. I want to keep it that way.