Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-Seven

After my shower well, mine and Nick's shower, I got dressed in a pair of jeans and an A7X t-shirt. I don't think you can call that a shower, we didn't really get that clean.

Nick got dressed and then we walked down stairs. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table with my dad.

"Hadley, you need to pack your stuff." Mom said.

"I'm not going back with you. I'll be 18 next month so there is really nothing you can do." I replied.

"Hadley," She started giving me her glare. Then her eyes averted to somewhere else, "What is that on your neck?"

I glanced at Nick, "A hickey probably."

Mom rolled her eyes, "What are you doing with a hickey on your neck?"

I just shrugged. I walked to the fridge and got a Rock Star, then I grabbed Nick's arm pulling him out of the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and Nick sat next to me.

"My mom has changed so much since Johnny came into the picture. I don't think it's for the good either. Like, she's crazy or something. I don't know." I said.

"Maybe so.."

"Nick?"

"Hm?" He replied.

"Will you go with me to get another tattoo?"

"Sure, but that was totally random."

I laughed, "I don't know when I'll get it or what I'll get."

My mom walked into the living room. She gave Nick an evil look and I glared at her.

"Hadley, go pack." She said.

"Mom, we already had this conversation. I'm not leaving."

"Yes, you are. If you don't I will call the cops."

I scoffed, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Go pack." She said through gritted teeth.

Technically, she can still tell me what to do, but she can't make me leave, can she? She glared even more and then started yelling.

"GO UP TO YOUR ROOM AND FUCKING PACK, HADLEY!!" She screeched.

My eyes got wide and I jumped up. I grabbed Nick's hand and I drug him to my room.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"I don't know baby. I don't know." He replied. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

"I don't want you to leave," He said. "I love you too much to let you go."

"I may not have a choice." I replied.

"I know."

He kissed my lips and then wiped my tears away. I didn't even realize I was crying.

I got up and locked my door.

"Nick, this my be my last night here.."

"Don't say that."

I just looked at him. He looked down and sighed.

I bit my lip and climbed onto his lap.

"Make love to me.." I whispered in his ear.

That night we didn't have sex, we didn't fuck, we made love.