Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Hours later, the plane landed and we followed everyone off the plane. When we got to the car, I called dad and Nick to let them know we had gotten back safely. It was silent the whole hour drive to my mom's house.

She helped me get my stuff out and into my old room. I'm going back to driving my shitty car because I left my car at my dad's. There really is no point in having it shipped here when I'll be going back after I turn 18.

I changed into different clothes. It was my black mini skirt, My Murderdolls Tee and flip flops. My tattoo was completely visible.

I walked down to the kitchen and Johnny and the goonies were sitting at the table.

"Hadley." Reese said.

"Reese." I replied giving her an ice cold glare.

"Dude, your tat is awesome." Dylan said. I smirked.

"Yeah, I love it."

"Are you getting anymore?" He asked.

"Yeah, when I get back to LA, Nick is taking me to get a death bat.I think."

Johnny shook his head in disgust.

"You're still dating Nick?" Johnny asked.

"Mhmm."

"He's such a bad influence on you."

"Whatever." I replied rolling my eyes. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper out of the fridge and then walked back to my room. I put some cds in my cd player and turned it on Critical Acclaim. I turned the volume up pretty loud and then I texted Nick.

I got online and Jason was on msn. He wanted to see me. I told him I still had a boyfriend. He got mad and signed off.

I decided I was tired of sitting around doing nothing so I went downstairs to get my keys.

"Mom, I'm going to go find something to do. I'll be back later." I said to her. I had my purse and phone in hand then I grabbed my keys off the table.

"I want you to know, I hate this piece of shit car."

"Watch your mouth." Johnny said. I flipped him off as I walked out the door.

I got into my car and sped off. I stopped at a florist shop and got some flowers. Then I drove over to the cemetery.

I haven't been there since the day they put Jamey in the ground. I climbed out of my car and walked over to her grave.

"Gah, Jamey, I miss you so much. Everything has happened to fast. Mom is getting married to that stupid fucker and mom and dad still hate each other. I met Nick Simmons....we're dating now. I got a tattoo in your memory. I'm getting another one soon, probably a deathbat. I don't know yet. Well, I need to go. It's starting to rain. I'll come visit more often since I'm back in town at least until I turn 18. I love you Jamey."

I kissed the Daffodils and then placed them on the ground in front of her head stone. I wiped my tears away and walked back to my car. I decided to go to Krystal's and get some food.

I walked into the building and was surprised to see Alan and Kameron working behind the counter.

I rolled my eyes as I went up to order.

"I'd like 3 Kyrstal chicks and a medium coke." I said.

I smirked as Alan's eyes got wide, but he punched in my order. I paid and then moved over out of people's way.

"Shit, Hadley?" Kameron asked.

"Mhmm," I replied.

"I thought you left." He said glaring at me.

"I did and mom made me come back for awhile. I'll be here for about a month and then I'm going back to Cali. My boyfriend and dad are there."

"You have a boyfriend?" Alan asked.

"Yep, his name is Nick Simmons and he's quite a catch." I got my food and walked out.