Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Four

We walked inside and there weren't many people there yet. We still had about two hours before it officially started.

"Hey Hadley. Hey Jamey." Alan said.

"Hey."

"Hadley, we have some weed if you want to smoke it now."

"Mkay, J, are you coming?"

She shook her head no.

"Okay, come and find me later?"

"Yeah.."

I followed Alan to the basement where about five people stood passing a joint.

"You guys remember Hadley right?"

They motioned for me to come down there and this guy on my right handed me the joint. I took a puff and then passed it on. Its been awhile since I've done that, probably ever since my mom caught me smoking in our attic.

We sat down there for an hour just getting high and then other people started showing up.

I found Jamey and she got us some Smirnoff. It was Artic Berry and my favorite kind.

I was on my fourth Artic Berry when Jamey shoved some Vodka and Coke in my face.

"Try some. It's so good."

I laughed and took the cup from her then poured more coke in it. I took a sip and then decided it was okay before I drank the rest.

Later on Jamey was literally fucked out of her mind. See, she's the drinker and I'm the pot smoker. Alan got me to drink Vodka straight and I about puked. Its disgusting by itself.

"Oh god. Aiden is here." I said poking Jamey.

She just rolled her eyes.

Aiden walked up to me.

"Hey. I didn't think you'd show up." He said trying kiss me on the lips. I turned my head so he got my cheek.

"You're fucking drunk. Go away and back to your little slut."

That was the wrong thing to say to him tonight. It looks like Alan gave him some drugs other than weed because he went all crazy on me.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He asked getting in my face.

"You. You're my fucking problem." I grabbed Jamey's arm and walked outside.

It was about 12 am now so I figured mom could come and get us. Jamey could get her car later.

"Mom?"

"Hads, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, but can you come and get Jamey and me at Alan's?"

"Are you both drunk?"

"Yes, and Aiden is here otherwise we would stay.."

Mom sighed, "Okay, I'm at Johnny's. I'll see if Keegan will ride with me and he can drive Jamey's car back to our house."

"Okay."

We hung up and then waited by Jamey's car.

My mom pulled up about 10 minutes later with Keegan in the passenger seat.

Jamey gave Keegan her keys and we got into mom's car. She didn't talk until we got home.

"I wish you wouldn't drink or smoke pot Hadley. It reminds me of your dad. Hell, he's my age and he still does that shit."

"I know."

"Atleast if your gonna do it, I'd rather you do it here. That way I know you're safe."

I nodded my head.

Keegan was standing next to us holding Jamey up.

"Just sit her down on the couch." I said.

"You know, I don't know you all that well Piper, but you're..I don't know, but I don't think its a good idea for Hadley to drink and stuff."

"And is she YOUR daughter? No, I don't think so. Her dad and I did the same things at her age. Technically, thats how she was conceived."

I laughed and nodded remembering that story.

Jamey sat up right and then ran to the upstairs bathroom. I got up and ran to check on her.