Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Fourty-Nine

I was asleep in Nick's arms at the hospital when I heard the beeping sounds. I knew what that meant. I woke up and walked over to mom.

"Mommy?" I whimpered.

"I'm still here baby, but not for long. I need you take care of your baby sister and your daddy, okay?"

"Okay."

"Go to college, get married to Nick and have me some grandbabies, okay?"

I just nodded because I couldn't speak.

"Remember, I will always love you and will be with you. Jamey says hi and that she loves you."

I laughed through my tears, "I love you too mommy. Jamey knows I love her, too."

I held onto her hand until I couldn't feel her pulse anymore and she went cold. I screamed as the monitors went crazy.

Nick and my dad rushed over to pick me up as the doctors and nurses rushed in form everywhere. It took Nick and Dad both to hold me back from rushing over to her.

"Time of death, 11:55 pm, October 31st, 2008."

I sank down to the floor and bawled my fists up.

"Nick, help me get her up, she's freaking out," I heard dad say. That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

I felt pressure on my stomach and when I looked down, Nick's head was lying on my stomach and he was asleep.

I messed with his hair and he woke up.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Almost two days. Your dad and I were so worried about you," He said kissing my cheek.

"God, I can't believe this."

"The doctor said it was because of stress and shock."

I just nodded understanding why.

A few hours later, I was able to leave and go home. I wasn't anticipating the next day and it came quicker than ever.

I was doing the whole black thing again.

I went through it like a zombie, with Nick and Dad both holding my hands. We were at the cemetery, and I walked to the podium to talk.

I looked out to the crowd and saw a lot of people I knew. The Avenged Sevenfold guys were here along with their girlfriends. Zacky had his arms wrapped around Reese and she was crying.

I cleared my voice, "My mom..she wasn't someone I could describe in words. She was the most amazing person.the strongest person I knew. She was my hero and my role model. There were a lot of things I kept from here for the longest time, even though we were close. She was there for me when my best friend died, coincidently, they died on the same day.not even a few minutes apart. My mom was my world. I'll never have another mom. This has taught me to not take anything or anyone for granted because in one split second it could be ripped away from you. I know she will always be watching over me. Thank you."

I let out a few tears and walked over to Nick and my dad. Nick took my hand and laced our fingers together. After the speeches were done, I watched them lower her casket into the ground. I threw a red rose onto it as they were her favorites. I took a deep breath and then walked away. Everything will turn out okay in the end. I have to believe that and have faith in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was really hard to write...