Welcome to the new life.

When each stories has spread out..

Normal POV:

Arrived at the hospital, we took Rya, Shannette, Cameron and Kevin to the emergency unit. The doctor said that the pain wasn’t so bad, but they need to took a rest for a while.

Me, Nick, David, Lia and Eric sat in front of the emergency room and think about what would happen to Martin. We couldn’t say anything to Shannette that related to Martin because if we do, things were going to be more terrible than before. Lia and Eric had to go home early because tomorrow is the day of the prom, plus, they were the crews of it, so they had to prepare all the things earlier.

Nick was sleeping like a baby so I talked to David for a while.
“was Rya okay when you took her?”
“the pain wasn’t so bad but she was faint so I didn’t know what was going on to her”
“..okay” I sighed
“So...the guy who kidnapped Shannette was actually your cousin, huh?” David asked me, confusedly.
“..yes. But I seriously don’t know why he was turning to be that..freak”
“Did he has a special relate to Shannette?”
“Yes. As far as I knew, she was his ex. And I think he was jealous to Martin so...yea”
“That..was..just..ridiculous” said David with spaces between the each words, “Haha your cousin needs to calm his ass down”
“I know right haha” I giggled. But I was still wondering if my cousin came back and would do kind of a revenge to us. Well, hopefully not

In that night, the doctor told us to get ourself back home. I meant, it was 3am and due the prom tomorrow by being a crew that have to be there earlier in 6am..how in the hell I could sleep in 3 hours? Ok forget about what would happen, I just need a fucking sleep though the time was too short.

The day was the prom night. I used to be with Nick for the prom but... I think he won’t do it for me. I almost forgot that I owned a promise from Vanny...and it’s about choosing John for the date. I seriously couldn’t do that for sure!

Things were turning super mess after the creepy night we had last night. I didn't even get any news from Bill so...its a good news that he was gone. But, its a bad news also that Martin wasn’t home already.

John’s POV:

It’s the day of the prom night.

I wonder why Vanny asked me to bring Makaila for the prom? I lied to her that I got a partner already....because, Vanny was the one who am I going to choose for the date.

Vanny wasn’t my real sister.

My parents broke up several years ago and my dad brought me to somewhere I didn't know. My dad found a new one with one daughter, named Vanny. Until they married, that’s what it all started.

I knew that someone can’t insanely having a crush on their own sister, but I couldn’t take this thing out of my mind. I sometimes annoyed her, broke some promises, drunk, our of control, but she actually the only one who still care to me and be there whenever I need her.
If my parents knew that I’m crushing on my own step sister, they would probably kick me out of my house.

“John, are you ready?” a girl with a beautiful dress stood next to me as she prepared some stuffs in her handbag.
“..you look gorgeous, sister” I said with a smile.
“Aw thats sweet. But your date will be more gorgeous than me, of course” she said as she held my hand.
“my date?..Makaila?”
“Well ya! Do you still remember what we were talking about few days ago?”
“Okay...but believe me, you’ll be the beauty queen for tonight’s prom” I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead
“Aw hahahahah” even a single laugh from her would make my day.

For all these days I really wanted to tell her that I love her. Not loving for being the greatest sister but..love. Well, she would slap me in the face if I actually say that.

Normal POV:

Arrived at school, I met Lia and Pat, as always. Pat was being too panic since Lia told everything happen last night, so we decided to Rya’s class to make sure that she’s already okay.
“What are you juniors up to?” a girl with a popular look showed herself from the other side of the wall. I think she was one of the popular seniors.
“We are..searching for Rya” said Lia
“Sorry, the girls are like busy right now so uh I think you guys better help the other crews to preparing some stuffs” said the girl with her stupid popular girl accent. Seriously, I hate that accent.
“Hey guys!” suddenly Rya showed up from the other door, “Uh Sharon, sorry for interrupting but they are my best friends. Come on guys, we’ll talk in my class” she said as that Sharon girl rolled her eyes. It was a nice thing to had a kind senior like Rya. I bet that Pat was totally excited since she called him one of her ‘best friends’.

“Rya are you really really okay for now on? I heard that...Makaila’s cousin attacked you” Pat asked her confusedly
“I’m okay Pat, the pain wasn’t really bad after all. So..it was your cousin?” said Rya
"yes...but believe me, i didn't know why he would do that to you guys!"
"It's okay Makayla, I knew that you're my best friend and won't do such a thing like that" she smiled. "so, here's what was going on before you guys were at the trouble" she sighed as she started to open her mouth and spread everything.

“I was walking through the street and I found someone bringing Shannette to his car. As I knew that everyone had searching for her, so I greeted him quickly. Shannette was faint and he said that she had a car crash recently and he tried to help her so he brought her in. I was worrying at her so I decided to join him. We were heading far far away from Maryland and I didn’t even have any idea where we were heading to. Arrived at his house, I still remember that the house pointed at the Aloka Street number 24. I felt something uncomfortable will happen to me, and as you know that his house was super spooky or more like haunted. I called Lia that we were okay and I was at his house so I was waiting until Shannette woke up. It all started when Shannette woke up and attacked the guy as she was like ‘WHY ARE YOU BRINGING ME HERE?” I was being so confused but suddenly, that guy finally hit Shannette with some sort of a huge thing and it was totally freaking me out. I was screaming and trying to make myself escape from that creepy house but he caught me and tied me with some ropes and forced me to call you guys that everything was okay. I said that everything was okay but in the middle of it, I released the rope slowly and kicked him as I took my phone back and told you guys about the address where I was. But back then, he hit me with something and everything went blank”
“..so that’s why we found you at the sofa. You sure you don't know what happen to Shannette after that?” I asked her again
“No. The last time I woke up, I saw David curing my blood in a car”
“....David?” Pat frowned his forehead confusedly.
“Yes, David. She was with David in the car when the others searched for Shannette. Just two of them” said Lia as she was trying to make Pat jealous
“..that’s nice” said Pat as he gave us a fake smile.
“What’s up with that anyway?” asked Rya. A perfect question for Pat.
“NO! NO! I mean, glad that you’re okay! If I meet that guy who freaked you out, I’ll punch him in the face for hella sure” he said as he shook his head
“Oh really? You met him and you let him escape just because you had nothing to do” I smirked
“THAT WAS JUST A GOOFY MISTAKE! I didn’t know that he’s a criminal!”
“Once again, Pat is spreading some bullshits..” said Lia with a funny tone came over the words
“Okay fine! I’m weak and I can’t do anything. Happy?”
“Hahahahah, you’re way too funny, Pat. And don't you ever say that you can't do anything, okay. You're always making me smile” Rya laughed at him and pinched his cheek. Pat blushed at her and turned silent with a confused look. That was just like...aw.

The night had finally came.

I wore a casual black and white dress and searched for John, while I didn’t really need to. Before the dance party started, I met John and talked for a while. I think John and Vanny didn’t know what happen to me last night. We were only talking some stuffs like ‘how’s your day?” and goes with ‘fine, you?”.

I do really hope that Nick was here. He was the most annoying friend ever but as I said before, I started to like him.

Pat’s POV:

I was walking with a lemonade through the corridor while searching for Rya. And great, I finally found her with Tanner at the corner of the corridor. I really really wanted to ask her to be my partner but...I think she’ll be with Tanner. I walked slowly toward her as I pretend that I was only standing there drinking a lemonade.

“Tanner, come on..for just one night!”

A single voice from Rya totally shocked me as I finally split out the lemonade from my mouth. Well, not that much. Just one night? What the fuck was that supposed to be?

“Come on Tanner, I knew that you wanted to ask another girl for the prom. Right?” I heard that Rya was flirting for something to him.
“Okay! Just don’t let me punch some bastards if he goes something worse to you” said Tanner
“Thanks, hun” Rya kissed him and ran away from him. Uhm, Yuck.

So...It means that she wanted to search another guy for the prom? YES. Could it be..me? YES. I ran toward her with excitement I couldn't handle.
But I was late, she found one. I think I knew the boy before but I forgot his name.

Sad.

So I decided to leave them and searched for another girls I could ask for. With a pretty long distance, I looked at them dancing properly. Sad for me though. Suddenly, I saw a girl who’ve been looking at them either, and she looked kinda familiar to me. I better walked toward her and greeted her.
“Hey” I said
“Oh hi!” she greeted me back. I think she’s pretty nice
“So you’re alone?” I asked her
“Well actually I have a partner but...” she turned silent and looked at the dancing couple. I meant, Rya and the boy. And I think she tried to tell me who the partner was.
“...is that the boy?” I said as I pointed at the boy who’ve been dancing with Rya
“Well uhm...yes. I thought that he wasn’t with anyone but hahah just forget it though. How about you? You’re with..?”
“same with you. And the girl is right there. Next to the boy you told me about” I said as I rubbed my hair.
“oh my god” laughed the girl, rubbing her hair either and continued, “so they were our partners..oh! By the way, I’m Vanny”
“I’m Pat, nice to meet you” I smiled.
“Nice to meet you too” she smiled me back. I thought that we were the only one who’s not dancing at the moment so...I better asked her to.
“Will you dance with me?” I offered my hand
“Sure”

Normal POV

I was with John, and we were dancing though I didn't want to. John seemed that he wasn’t really focused at all our convos instead looking at Vanny's dance moves with Pat. First of all, I was pretty shocked to see them together, but then I knew that Rya was with David and it made Pat a bit..you know..jealous, for sure.
John’s face made me pretty sure that he wasn’t fine. His poor face was actually really cute but...why was he looking at Vanny all the time we were dancing?
“Yo” I said as I waved my hand upon him
“Oh, sorry I’m kinda dizzy right now...I’ll catch you later” John released my hand and ran outside. I knew that everything wasn’t okay. I was a bit pity of him so I decided to cheer him up.

John was sitting at the bench while I was there. He was talking to himself so I better not to join him and took a listen for awhile. The sound wasn’t pretty clear but I could hear some of it from where I was standing at.

“Why in the hell I told her that I have no partner when I used to ask her to be the one? I mean come on for all these years she still doesn't know what I kept from her? God please if this isn’t the right way so why you're making me falling into her so deeeep” he said as he kicked the ground. Seemed like he talked about someone he wanted to take for the prom.

Wait, I remember that Vanny told me he was kinda shy to asked me for the prom because I was the one he wanted to bring. Well, it seemed like it wasn’t true.

I was still standing to the nearest door and make sure that he didn't notice me.

“How should I tell her about this? But if I do.....she will never considering me as a brother again”

‘considering me as a brother again’? what was that suppose to be?? Stupid thought just came out from my mind that the girl who he’s been talking about was Vanny...HELL NO how come did I ever thought a brother would fell in love with his own sister?

Things were getting more complicated than before, then I decided to get inside. And shit, while I was walking, I stepped on something and it was pretty loud, hope it didn't make him recognized me.

“Kayla!?”
Okay. He got me. Twice.

“Oh John...uh..I was from the back...” I quickly walked in but John kept calling my name. I turned around as I looked at him, “..what?”
“Come here”

Something knocked my chest a bit hard. I didn’t mean to sneaking him recently but I hope he didn’t think the same.