Between You and Me

Chapter 1

“Anna, I told you, you don’t have to come if you just don’t want. You can stay at home,” my brother said, walking through the crowd. Well my brother is in the band called VersaEmerge and he has so many band dudes to hang out and party. And we attended my brother’s friend’s party.
“Right, but maybe when you get back home, you’ll find me die because I have nothing to do. And you will lose your only one sweet-sister. Do you want that happen?” I said, being so dramatic. I and my brother were walking through the crowd.
“Please, you are being so dramatic. You will not die just because you have nothing to do, will you?” he responded. And we walked in to the house where the party was threw. “Okay we’re here. And please don’t do something stupid which will humiliate us. Got it?” he said, treat me like a little child.
“Holly Lord, Devin Ingelido!! Don’t treat me like I’m a child. I am turning 18 this year,” I said.
“Whatever,” he said and left me behind. Dang! My brother just left me. He could be so annoying sometimes, and at the times like this. But I had to admit that he is one of the best brother ever.

Yeah, I walked alone, sat alone, watching people enjoying their party, drinking alcohol and making their love story. I really didn’t know what to do. I don’t do alcohol, I didn’t really know anybody here, except maybe Blake or Sierra, but I didn't see them. Gosh, I was bored as hell. I quickly looked for seat in the backyard of the ‘party’ house and sat there. Sat alone for almost 10 minutes. Just sat, no drink and no one to talk to. Then a girl came to me and sat next to me.
“Drink?” she offered.
“Thanks but I don’t do alcohol,” I responded, politely.
“Oh really? Good girl,” she said. I didn’t take that as a compliment, but I smiled. “So, you here with your boyfriend?” she added, asking me.
“No boyfriend, just brother,” I replied.
“You got big bro? Cool,” she said. “By the way I am Brittany.” She added and gave me her hand. Very nice hand. Seems like she always take care of ‘em.
“I’m Joanna,” shook her hand, smiling.
“Joanna? Very nice,” she chuckled. I smiled. Then a guy came over her. And stood in front of her, and then she stood up, trying kiss him but he just ignored her.
“Don't do that. You aren’t over my brother,” That guy said. I started to feel uncomfortable. I stood up, looking for another seat.
“Hey! Where will you go?” she said to me. “Just stay here, it’s alright,” she added. I smiled awkwardly and had a sit in the same seat where I had before. “Oh yes, Andrew, she is Joanna. Joanna, this handsome guy is Andrew,” she introduced that guy to me.
“Nice to meet you,” I said, smiling.
“You too,” he said. “Oh yeah I was here to tell you, Devin is getting drunk inside,” he added.
“Oh okay, I’ll take care of your brother,” she said as leaving me and that guy, called Andrew. And Andrew just sat next to me, which it was Brittany’s seat.
“So is Brittany your pal?” he started the conversation.
“No, I just met her and had a little talk,” I replied.
“I thought you were her pal."
"Nope,"
"Oh, Joanna right?"
"Yeah, but you can call me Jo or Anna," I said.
"Yeah Jo, you can call me Andrew or Andy, my friends called me Andy,"
"Andrew? Andy? How about Drew or Drewy? Sounds cute," I rambled.
He chuckled. “That's fine too. And by the way, why you stay here? The party is in the inside,” he said, pointing his finger to the house.
“Nah. I am here because I don’t wanna stuck alone in my house. So I came here with my brother,” I said.
"Oh you got brother? Do I know him?" he asked.
"I don't know if you know him, but his name is Devin Ingelido," I responded.
"Oh versaemerge dude? Very cool, I don't know if he has a sister,"
"Well, if he hasn't then how could I be here?" I rolled my eyes.
"Good point," he said. Then a girl called Brittany came back again, with a drunk guy, the one that she talked about with Andrew.
“Andy! I need a hand here!!” she yelled a little. “We need to bring him to home,” she added.
“Damn! The party just about begun moments ago and now I have to drive home because of my drunk brother.” He said to himself. He forced himself to stand up as he sighed.
“C’mon, Andy! You can go back here after you take your big bro home. And flirt with Joanna,” she said.
“Shut up, Brit!!” he said. And Brittany was laughing.
“Sorry Joanna! I was just kidding,” she said.
“I got it, that’s okay,” I responded. Andrew walked out, left me.
“Bye, Jo!” he said
“Bye!” I responded. Then he grabbed his brother, who was half conscious.

And Brittany waved at me, "Bye, girl! See ya!” I waved her back and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this.