Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

12.

“Imagine how it would be, eternal glory! Not to mention, all the money!” George said, a glittering in their eye. They were all sitting in the common room. Elise was curled up on the couch, staring at her boyfriend and his brother in concern.

“We could start up our whole joke shop! And it’s not serious, the danger. They wouldn’t put us in situations that could kill us, would they?” Fred asked eagerly.

“You’re not even seventeen!” Elise argued.

“Darling, it’s called an age potion. We could all take it and enter.” George said excited. “Are you ready?”

Elise gave him a look. “It’s stupid, this tournament! It’s supposed to bring schools together, but it only drives them apart. I don’t want to enter, nor do I want the two of you risking your lives.” She said.

George rolled his eyes. “You don’t understand, Elise.”

Elise stood up, crossing her arms. “How could I not?”

George gave her a look. “We need this, Elise. If we win this, we could solve our problems with the money!”

Elise sputtered. “You’re risking death for money? You’re insane!”

George gave her a fierce look. “You wouldn’t know what it’s like, needing money!” he yelled. “You’re bloody rich!”

Elise gasped. “And I wish I wasn’t, because it’s more trouble than it’s worth!” she yelled back.

Fred winced. “Oi, you two, stop fighting.”

“Stay out of this Fred!” George yelled.

Fred backed up, his hands in the air. “Just trying to help you two out, sorry for interjecting.”

Elise turned on her heel and marched up to her room.

“Oi, where are you heading off to?” George asked.

She turned. “To my room, you insolent asshole!” she yelled.

George heard her marching up the stairs and the slam of the dormitory door. He turned to see the rest of the common room, sitting there in shock. They seemed to be frozen.

“It’s nothing, just a quarrel.” George said uneasily. “I think I’ll go to bed.”

*~*~*~*

Elise sat in her bed, miserable. Angelina sat next to her.

“What’s wrong, Elise?” Angelina asked.

Elise sighed. “I don’t want the boys to enter. I couldn’t stand it if any of them got hurt.
Besides, they’re not old enough. As brilliant as they are, I don’t think they’re ready for it.”

Angelina sighed. “I know you’re right. I don’t think we can stop them though.”

“And George, he thinks he knows more than me!” she scoffed.

Angelina laughed quietly. “George tends to think that a lot. Fred, he’s open to the tournament, except he put a lot of thought into it.”

Elise sighed. “I don’t want either of them in it. I couldn’t bear to see Fred or George hurt.”

The next day, she ignored George. He ignored her as well. They went upon their business.
Elise’s schedule had changed. Due to her high level of education at Beauxbatons, she had tested right out of her advanced Charms class and the next level above her. She was given a free period to make up for the time.

Elise sat in the library, the sun shining in. She was doing some last minute Transfiguration homework when she saw the boy with golden brown hair and gray eyes watching her. He shot her a half smile before looking back at his book. She smiled, turning back to her homework.

The boy approached her. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you around.” He said.

She smiled. “No, you haven’t. I’m Elise Seymour, I transferred from Beauxbatons.”

The boy nodded. “Ah, that’s right, the girl everyone is talking about. You’re Fred Weasley’s girlfriend, aren’t you?” he asked.

Elise blushed. “Oh no, I’m George’s.”

He laughed quietly and nodded. “Of course, you can never tell with those two. I’m Cedric Diggory; I live in the same town as the Weasleys.”

Elise shook his hand. “Oh, I moved there as well. I’ll be seeing you a lot then. What year are you?” she asked.

Cedric smiled. “I’m a seventh year. I can’t wait to graduate, and I especially can’t wait to compete in the Triwizard!” he said excitedly.

Elise groaned. “Not you too; George and Fred are dead set on joining.”

Cedric shrugged. “Who could pass it up? Besides, they won’t get in anyway. The age line knows a potion when it sees one. I know those Weasleys are good at magic, but they can’t pass old Dumbledore.” He looked at his watch and winced. “Blimey, is that the time? I better go, my girlfriend Cho will be looking for me.” He said. “Nice meeting you, Elise.”

Elise smiled and waved to him as he walked away. He wasn’t too bad, that Cedric. She got up and left for the dormitory. She felt eyes of girls all over her. They were all staring at her for some reason. Especially the Ravenclaws; they looked downright pissed.

“Chienne stupide.” She uttered. Elise only ever spoke French to herself anymore. It didn’t make sense when no one would understand her.

She got to the common room and saw George sitting with Angelina, Fred, Katie, Lee, and Alicia. She smiled, sitting next to Alicia. She shifted uncomfortably.

“What is going on? Why is everyone staring at me?” she said loudly.

Angelina coughed. “Um, rumor has it…” she started.

George looked up. “That you were with Cedric Diggory in the library.” He snarled.

Elise furrowed her eyebrow. “Yeah, so?”

He stood up. “So it’s true?” he bellowed.

Elise cringed. “It’s true that what?”

Fred bit his lip. “George thinks you and Cedric…” he said, but didn’t finish.

Elise gagged. “You think I’m cheating on you!? With Cedric?”

George nodded stupidly. “Obviously!”

Elise rolled her eyes. “"N'ayez-vous aucune honte ?" she babbled rapidly in Frnehc."Comment osent vous penser je tricherais sur vous? Je ne tricherais jamais sur vous, surtout avec Diggory!" she screamed.

The whole common room was quiet as Angelina, Katie, and Alicia held back Elise from scratching George. She was pissed and they could all tell. The girls dragged her up to the dormitory. Elise sat on her bed. Her face was pale and rough. Her eyes were turning dark and she was snarling. She felt a rusty taste in her mouth, almost metallic.

“Calm down, Elise.” Katie said, kneeling at her side. “It’s fine.”

Downstairs, George sat on the chair, embarrassed.

“Mate, that was not funny. That was scary as hell.” Lee shuddered.

Fred bit his lip. “She’s a fantastic creature, that girl. The veela in her is pretty strong.” He admitted.

George gave Fred a look. “You’re barking! That wasn’t fantastic, that was bloody terrifying! Did you see her face?” he asked.

Fred nodded. “It was almost as if she was turning into a harpie or something. Her face wasn’t completely covered, but I could detect a hint of scales.”

George shuddered. “I’m bloody terrified of my own girlfriend."
♠ ♠ ♠
whew.
merry christmas, everybody(: