Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

18.

Elise was sitting next to Angelina and Hermione. “What do you suppose this is about?” she whispered.

Hermione shrugged. “I don’t know, they haven’t said anything. Apparently, the whole school is with the heads of houses for this meeting.”

“I’m kind of scared.” Angelina confessed. “Are we in trouble?”

“The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity.” McGonagall stated.

“Well manned frivolity? Is there any kind?” Angelina whispered to Elise. Elise giggled and looked at George and Fred, who were standing in the corner.

“As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance.”
McGonagall said airily.

The girls all turned to each other in excitement. Elise was excited; they had balls at Beauxbatons at the end of every year. It was an excuse to be ridiculous and dress up. The guys were not as happy. She saw many of them moaning and groaning. George and Fred were banging their heads against the wall.

“They better be our dates.” Angelina said sternly. Elise nodded.

“Silence; the house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of one evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons.” She said.

Elise chuckled; she saw Fred and George repeating what McGonagall said in the corner. Babbling bumbling band of baboons.

“Now to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.”

Ron made a rude joke about a girl; he, Seamus, and Harry were snickering about it. McGonagall obviously heard.

“Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley, will you join me please?” McGonagall asked.

Everyone wolf whistled and snickered as Ron started to dance with her. Everyone got up and started dancing. George was dancing with Alicia and Fred with Angelina. Harry and Hermione were dancing. Elise decided to spare Ron his misery and walked up to McGonagall.

“Professor, I think I can take it from here.” She said. She took Ron and started dancing.

“Bloody hell, you have great timing.” Ron huffed.

Elise chuckled and kissed both his cheeks. “Don’t worry, you’ll be an expert dancer when I am through with you.” She assured. Ron smiled and they continued to waltz.

After the dancing lesson, Elise left the room as fast as she could to avoid George. But he was fast and caught up to her. “Oi Elise, we’re going to the ball together, right?” he asked.

Elise nodded. “Of course we are, George.” She said. “I have to go; Fred and I are working on a Transfiguration project in the library.” She said, walking away as quickly as she could.
George sighed and walked away, kicking the floor.

*~*~*~*

“So you’re going with George?” Fred asked absentmindedly, writing.

Elise nodded. “He asked me after the lessons. It’s obvious though, we’re together.”

Fred nodded. “Oh, I see.”

Elise looked up at him. They were sitting on a couch in the muggle section of the vast library. They always did their work there; no one ever came to read muggle books but Hermione and it had nice, plush couches to do work on. Madame Pince never even went back there.

“So you’re going with Angelina?” she asked.

Fred nodded. “Just asked her today.” He said.

Elise nodded. “I suppose that’ll be fun.” She said.

Fred looked up at her. “What do you mean you suppose?” he asked. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Elise shrugged. “Well you don’t specifically like her anymore, do you? I can tell.” She stated.

Fred gave her a look. “You don’t know the half of it.”

Elise nodded. “You like someone else, I can tell.” She said. “Come off it, Fred, just tell me.”

Fred grunted. “You’re a hypocrite.”

Elise dropped her book. “I’m a hypocrite? How so?”

Fred rolled his eyes. “You don’t care for George anymore, do you?” he snapped.

Elise gave him a hurt look. “Just forget it. God, Fred, we used to have such fun. That’s what I love about you. We used to mess around, and I love you for that.”

Fred sighed. “There you go with the love thing.”

Elise looked at him. “What are you talking about?!”

Fred looked at her. “You told me you never speak of love if it doesn’t exist. Look, you don’t love my brother. But you always say you love me or that you love stuff about me.”

Elise’s mouth dropped open; he did have a point. “What are you trying to say, Fred?”

Fred got up. “Forget about it.”

Elise took his arm and pulled him back down. He fell on top of her. Their faces were close; they nearly touched. Before she knew it, Fred placed his lips on hers.

It was massively different than kissing George. Sparks flew between their lips; it wasn’t unpleasant. She liked it. While George was chaste, Fred was passionate. He knitted his hands in her hair and she rubbed his back. He nipped her bottom lip and she opened, giving way to his tongue. They started grinding each other’s bottom halves into each other.
The two fought for dominance until Elise pulled away.

Fred pulled his hands out of her hair, gave her a sad look, and departed without a word. He nearly bumped Hermione, who was staring at Elise with her mouth dropped open.

“I can explain.” Elise said, still shocked herself.

Hermione seemed shell shocked. “You…and Fred…were just snogging.”

Elise took a deep breath. “I know.”

Elise put her head in her hands and Hermione sat next to her gingerly. “Oh my God, I can’t believe I just did that. I can’t believe Fred and I just did that.” She said. “I’ve never even gotten as close to George in the few months we’ve been together than those five minutes with Fred.” She muttered.

Hermione looked at her. “That was your boyfriend’s brother, Elise. That was his twin.” She
said weakly.

Elise groaned. “I know!”

Hermione looked down. “I have a feeling Ron and Harry are right.” She whispered.

Elise gave her a look. “Right about what?” she asked.

Hermione looked at her with a soft face. “I think you love Fred, not George.”

Elise sighed as Hermione’s point dawned on her.

“I think you might be right.” She whispered.

*~*~*~*

Fred ran back to the room in terror. He couldn’t look at George, not now. Especially not after the fact that Fred had just gotten hot and heavy with his girlfriend in the library of all places. He didn’t know where he was, but he trudged into the room to see Lee sitting on his bed with a book. “What’s wrong, mate?”

Fred winced. “I just did something terrible.” He stated.

“Come off with it.” Lee said.

Fred took a deep breath. “I just snogged Elise in the library.”

Lee’s jaw dropped. “No you didn’t.”

Fred nodded. “We were studying and then were started fighting. Next thing I knew, I was on top of her and Hermione saw us. I freaked out and ran for it.” He gulped.

Suddenly, the door swung open. George dropped a box on his bed and threw the other to
Fred. “Oi, Mum’s sent us the dress robes. Poor Ron gets the old ones.” He snickered.
“What’s wrong with you? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Fred shuddered. “Nothing, I’m fine.” He said, opening the box at the same time was George.

“Wow, the first time we don’t have matching clothing.” George joked. He held up the gold vest to his chest.

Fred looked at the maroon vest. “It’ll match Angelina; she was telling me she had a maroon dress.” He muttered.

George looked at the gold vest. “I don’t even know what color Elise’s dress is. Her dad hasn’t sent it yet. By the way, have you seen Angelina? I need to talk to her.” He said.

Fred shrugged. “I think she was in the Great Hall last time I saw her.”

George nodded. “Right then, well see you two later.” He said.

As the door shut, Fred groaned. Lee sighed.

“This is so unhealthy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOOOOOOOW!
comment love(: