Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

6.

Fred woke up in the morning to George dancing around the room, his shirt half buttoned and his tie around his neck. His now long red-hair, which he learned last night was lighter than Fred’s own, was messed up. Lee was giving him a freakish look.

“What the hell are you doing?” Fred asked.

Lee sniggered. “I do believe our George is in love.” He said.

George threw a pillow at him. “I just want to look good today, that’s all.”

Fred groaned. “George, it’s bloody six thirty in the morning. We have an hour before breakfast.” He said, collapsing on the bed.

“You don’t have to worry about impressing Elise.” George argued.

Fred shot back up and gave him an eye. “Why not?”

George shrugged. “Are you or aren’t you with Angelina?” he asked.

Fred shrugged. “I really don’t know. She’s very…clingy.” He cringed, holding his hands out for emphasis.

George chuckled as he ran his fingers through his hair and tied his tie. He threw on his sweater and grabbed his schedule, his bag, and his robe. “Well, I still call dibs on Elise. See you guys later.” He said, waving.

Fred growled.

Lee gave him a look. “Whoa there, Weasley. Cool it. You’ve got Angelina, one of the best looking girls in our year. Isn’t she good enough?”

Fred sighed. “You’re right. I…I don’t know what that was all about.”

Lee nodded. “Plus, it’s time George got himself a girl, isn’t it? It’ll be the first girlfriend.”

The two looked at each other and chuckled, making fun of George.

*~*~*~*

Elise was halfway down the stairs, pulling up the hem of her gray uniform skirt. She couldn’t get used to the feel of wool. Of course it was colder at Hogwarts than it was at Beauxbatons, which was in the South of France, but the uniform felt heavy. She adjusted the sweater, but it still felt scratchy against her skin. The only thing she ever would long for from Beauxbatons would be the silk and satin uniforms.

She bumped into a tall body at the end of the staircase. Looking up, she saw George. “Oh, hello.” She said.

He grinned at her. “Hey Elise. Heading to breakfast?”

Elise nodded. “Yes…it’s a wonder, this school. I’m going to be so lost; I hardly remember where the hall is.”

George smiled at her again, holding an arm out. “I’ll escort you to breakfast then, mademoiselle.”

Elise rolled her eyes and chuckled. She linked arms with him and they left Gryffindor tower.

Before leaving so, George looked back at the staircase to see his brother leaning over in his pajamas. He winked and helped her out of the portrait hole.

Angelina stood behind Fred, who stared aimlessly at the door which George and Elise had departed through.

“Glad to see George has found someone he likes.” She said, leaning next to him. Fred looked at the girl, smiling at him. He smiled wryly at her.

“Yeah, it’s good for him.”

Fred was the last to depart for breakfast. When he got there, he saw Lee sitting with Alicia, Angelina, and Katie. George and Elise were sitting together, eating. George waved him over.

“Look, Elise has almost got the same schedule as us. She’s got the same classes except for advanced classes.” George said.

“She’s a bloody genius, this one.” Lee said. “She’s in advanced Charms and advanced Transfiguration.”

“We have the same Transfiguration class then.” Fred said smoothly.

George nodded. “Yeah, you have advanced Charms with the both of us, but I dropped Transfiguration.” He said. “I’d rather take the regular class; I’m not nearly as good as it as Fred.”

“I had no idea you were in Advanced, Fred.” Angelina said.

Fred shrugged and looked at Elise. “Potions first…same as Alicia, me, and Lee. George, when do you have it?”

George sighed. “Last, while you two enjoy Transfiguration. Ange, the same?”

Angelina nodded. “Yeah, last. God damn, Snape at the end of the day.” She groaned.

Elise looked at her schedule. It consisted of Potions, Defense against the Dark Arts, a break, lunch, Advanced Charms, a break, and Advanced Transfiguration. She had every class with Fred, three with George, Two with Lee, Alicia, Katie, and Angelina.

“Hey, it’s almost time for Potions. We don’t want to be late. Come on, you guys.” Fred urged.

Lee snorted. “Fred Weasley, afraid of being late? That’s unusual.”

Fred gave him a look. “First day of NEWT classes, and Snape. That’s just a terrible combination. Come on, Elise, we’ll show you around.”

Elise hugged George goodbye and waved to Angelina, who seemed wary. Their small group headed for the dungeons, where the first class of the day would take place.
♠ ♠ ♠
whooowhoooot.
i can't get over one part in the movie. Ginny and Harry are making out in the kitchen and George just mozeys on in, sticks his toothbrush in his ear, and says "mooorrrnnnniing".
good god, i love that movie.