Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

7.

Elise and Fred were walking through the courtyard. Alicia, Lee, and Katie had wandered off.

“So what do you think of Snape?” Fred asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Elise sighed. “He looks like a creepy kind of guy.”

Fred chuckled. “Yeah, he’s a sick bloke.”

Elise looked through a brown curl at him. His eyes were at his feet and he seemed shy. “You’re not as loud as I thought you’d be.”

Fred chuckled. “Yeah, most people seem to get the idea that George is the quieter twin. Truthfully, we both have our moments. But George and I do have our differences.”

Elise looked up at the sky. “Alicia told me you and Angelina are together.” She chirped.

Fred nodded. “Yeah, we went out a couple times in fourth year, but we started seeing each other in our fifth year. It kind of stopped over the summer, so I really don’t know where we’re at quite yet.” He said.

Elise nodded. “She’s really quite pretty.”

Fred nodded. “We just don’t mesh well together, the two of us. We fight a lot.”

Elise stopped him. “Hey, don’t say that. You’ve got a good thing going.”

Fred nodded. “That’s what everyone says.”

They got to Defense against the Dark Arts close to time. Elise settled into a seat next to George as Fred sat next to Angelina. He seemed relatively warmer to her than he was before. Elise smiled and winked at him, which he returned with a small smile.

George gave her a look. “So where were you two?” he asked.

Elise shrugged. “Fred and I took the scenic route. We talked a little bit about Angelina.”

George smiled. “I have to say, you did a good job. They seem pretty close right now.”

Elise bashfully waved him away. “I have a skill with matchmaking. Dates are no problem.”

George stiffened up. “Speaking of dates, I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me over the weekend. It’s kind of a weekend routine around here. There are some great places to go.” He said awkwardly.

Elise smiled and looked down. “Sure, of course.”

Later that day, Fred and Elise were sitting in Transfiguration. It was a small class and they
were in the only Gryffindors in it, besides the five Ravenclaws, three Hufflepuffs, and two Slytherins. McGonagall had given them some time to work, and the two finished. They were talking, as class was about to end and they were free in five minutes.

“So what were you and George talking about?” Fred asked, stretching his arm.

Elise gathered her books up together. “Oh nothing, just about our date on Saturday.”

Fred gave her a look. “You two are going on a date?”

They left the classroom as the bells rang and departed for the tower. Elise nodded. “Yeah, we are. He asked me if I wanted to go to Hogsmeade with him on Saturday and I said yes.”

Fred nodded. “George has never really had a girlfriend, or a girl ever goes out with him; this is a milestone.”

Elise chuckled and smacked his arm. “Hush up, your brother is really sweet.”
Fred shrugged. “I just don’t think you two have much in common.”
Elise walked ahead of him, turning. “Well, we’ll just have to see on Saturday then.”

They walked through the corridors until reaching the Fat Lady. After stepping through the portrait, they put their belongings upstairs. They had about three hours of free time before dinner, so Fred went up to his room for a nap.

As he opened the door, he saw Lee laughing. Lee pointed at George, who was rifling through his clothes.

“What the bloody hell are you doing?” Fred asked.

George held up a green shirt. “I’m trying to find something to wear for Saturday.”

Fred rolled his eyes. “You’re such a prat.”

George threw the shirt down. “What’s your problem?” he asked.

Fred shrugged. “I have no problem.”

Lee winced. “This can’t be good at all.”

George gave him a look. “Can’t you be happy for me ever? Finally, I have a date with a hot girl and you’re angry? Come off it Fred. You obviously think she’s attractive.”

Fred gave him a look. “I never said she wasn’t attractive or anything!”

George stared him down. “You have Angelina. Be happy about it.”

After that, the three boys went down to dinner. The girls were already sitting there. Elise was talking to Angelina rapidly. Fred sat next to Angelina and wrapped an arm around her waist, kissing her cheek.

She turned and smiled at him. “That’s a side of you I haven’t seen in a while.”

Fred smiled. “You’re going to see it a lot more now.”

George sat next to Elise. He grinned at her. “Hey.” He said.

Elise blushed and looked at her gold plate. “Hi.”

“Did you have a good first day?” He asked.

Elise glanced all around her at the room filled with teenagers and teachers, all in
conversation or eating, laughing together.

“Yeah, I did.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so it was two o'clock in the morning when I had an amazing idea for a story. I got a character, a background, a plot, and a leading man. how would you feel about a James Phelps story? Let me know (: