***in' Perfect

I Kinda Met Somebody

Alli POV-

I woke up to a new text message. "Hey sweetheart. How are you?" it said. I smiled and hit reply. "Good. You?" I asked. "Fine...how's that pretty little girl of yours?", the reply came quickly. "She's good. Sleeping on her Daddy's chest. He got in early," I said. "Oh okay. We still on for tonight?"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I hit reply and quickly typed a response. "I would say yes, but Zack just got home and...I haven't really seen him in a while. Maybe tomorrow?" I suggested. "Sure thing sweetie. See you then."

I took a long look at Zack and Belle as my mind raced. What was I doing? I needed to talk to someone about this. My feelings were growing and that wasn't necessarily a good thing. I couldn't talk to Lexi about this. She wouldn't understand. I scrolled down through the A's and into the B's. Brian. Brian was always open minded, and he was always there for me. "Hey Bri...can I talk to you?" I texted him. It wasn't too early. He'd be awake. "Of course you can. Is something wrong?" he asked. He knew me so well. "Kind of. I uh...I have a problem," I told him. "Is something wrong with Belle? Is she okay?" he asked. "No, no. She's fine," I answered.

"Zack? Lexi?" he replied. "No. They're fine too," I told him. "Well then...what is it?" he asked. I walked out of the bedroom and into one of the spare rooms, shutting the door behind me before I let my tears fall. "I kinda met somebody," I texted him. "Met somebody?" he asked.

I wiped my eyes and sat on the bed. "He's a friend of Tal's. He came over to the house one day with him when he was picking up some stuff for VU business. We just...we hit it off. We've got a lot in common and he's just a really nice guy," I said. "You guys haven't....done anything, have you?" he asked. "No! God, no! I would never cheat on Zack, never," I replied. "I was just asking. I didn't think you would. Do you have feelings for this guy?" Brian asked. I choked up again as I replied with one simple word. "Yes."

Nearly ten minutes passed before a reply came. "Do you think you really have feelings for him or if you just missed Zack? Like...was he just a comfort to you while Zack was gone?" Brian asked. I thought the same thing...until that morning. My heart skipped a beat and his text made me smile, just like all the rest had, and Zack was laying right next to me. The feelings were real...very real. "No, it's real, Bri. I felt it this morning when he texted me...and I was lying right next to Zack. Oh God, Bri, what do I do? I don't want to hurt Zack. We have a baby...I love him, I really do...but I think he'd be happier with Lexi."

My phone rang in my hands, playing an old Simon & Garfunkel tune. "Hey Bri," I answered. "Hey...Zack loves you. A lot. He loves you and Belle...and I'd be a liar if I told you that he didn't fall even more in love with Lexi while we were in Europe, Al...but he does love you. He thinks the world of you...but you're gonna have to make a decision...and you're gonna have to make it quick. Don't hide this from him. It'll only hurt your friendship. You do still want to be friends with Zack, right?" he asked me. "Of course I do, Brian. He's...he's one of the best people I know. I love him. He's a wonderful father and a friend. He's my boss. I just...I really like this other guy...and my heart's not in this polygamy thing anymore, Bri. I want someone I can call my own," I told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T KILL ME.