Re-Occuring Thoughts

The Necklace

This time I was ready for him. I rolled over in my bed and saw him lying on his side propping himself up with his elbow.
Oh man. He was sexy.
But I had to look past his sexiness and focus on more serious things. I needed to figure him out.
“Vic?” I said. “Do you love me?”
“Of course I do, why would you ask such a thing?”
“I’m just… getting mixed feelings from you…”
He just stared at me. I didn’t know what else to ask him. I was so confused.
Then it hit me.
This was a dream! I was taking this way to seriously!
The hate Vic showed me was real life, and the love was my dream world.
I guess I had a crush on him or something. But that still doesn’t explain how I saw him in my dream even before I met him.
Maybe, just maybe, I was high and this is one big hallucination.
Too bad I don’t smoke weed.
While I was thinking of all this, my “dream” Vic was pulling my closer and rubbing my arm ever so lightly and giving me the occasional kiss on my forehead and nose. He was obviously in love with me, and I felt the same way.
But he was not real!
He got up from my bed and walked over to the keyboard in my room and started playing the most beautiful song I have ever heard.
After he was done, he turned to me and asked “Do you like it? I composed it for you.”
I was speechless. No one has ever written a song for me! And a beautiful song at that.
I just ran over to him and hugged him tight.
He stood up and walked behind me.
He got something from his pocket and put it around my neck.
“For you, my love”
It was a necklace.
It had a green emerald in the middle and was surrounded by diamonds.
It wasn’t big at all, but I knew it must be valuable.
I stared at it in the mirror for what seem like forever.
Vic whispered in my ear, “I love you.”
When I turned around to thank him, he was gone. Again.