Re-Occuring Thoughts

Regrets

It was dark when I finally lifted up my head.
I got of the car and walked inside.
Everyone was on the couch watching a scary movie.
“Hey Sarah! Come sit beside me!” Michael yelled as he pointed to the empty seat beside him.
“I think I’m just going to go bed. Sorry” I said.
His face dropped.
As I was walking up to my room, I noticed that everyone was awkwardly staring at me.
This didn’t help anything at all. I knew what was gonna happen next. I knew who was going to be in my room when I opened the door. And I knew what we were going to have to talk about.
And everyone had a front row seat to this cheesy reality show.
I suddenly became jealous as I thought of everyone else. They always looked so happy and care-free. I haven’t even began to feel like that since I moved.
I remember how happy I was to get out of that god damn state, but right now, I wanted nothing more than to go back and leave California and Vic behind.
I stood at my door and stared at it for a long time before I took a deep breath and finally walked in.
It was dark and I didn’t see any sign of anyone else in here.
“Vic?” I said looking for him.
“Where are you?”
I got no answer back so I assumed that he just went home.
My bed looked so inviting. I didn’t even change into pajamas. I was so tired that I fell asleep with my shoes on.