Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

PreParty

Jimmy sat on Matt’s couch, a smile pressed tightly to his lips. Matt, Brian, Zacky and Johnny sat around him, leaning forward at the point of falling out of their chairs. Jimmy chuckled loudly and looked up at all of them. He couldn’t believe it.

Hillari not only spoke to him, but she also wanted to speak to him again. He couldn’t mess up his opportunity for nothing, no matter what happened. The guys never left Jimmy for a second; they were all curious. Matt cleared his throat before asking, “So, what did she say, dude?”

“She wants to talk to me again.”His smiled ranged from ear to ear.

“Really?!”Zacky jumped up, astounded by the good news.

“I thought she hung up on you after a second.”Brian smirked.”Wouldn’t be supr-”

He stopped mid sentence, knowing his comment wouldn’t have been appreciated. He swallowed hard and smiled at Jimmy. He was excited for him, but he just couldn’t show it well. Johnny turned to the guys and said, “I wonder if she’s hot.”

Glares formed on all of their faces, forcing him to sink into his seat ever so slowly. It was uncalled for, but he didn’t know the difference between serious or joking anymore. It was his personality, as with Brian’s; they weren’t very capable of spilling their feelings politely.

“That’s not cool, bro.”Matt turned back to Jimmy, his frown turning back up.”So, what did she have to say, man? Don’t leave us hanging.”

“Nothing else, really.”He shrugged.

He shook the thoughts rummaging through his mind and couldn’t erase the smile from his lips. His heart beat was finally backing down, allowing him to revive himself from his jumpy nerves. At the exact sound of her voice, he knew she was his.

She sounded just like Leanna; the California sound to her voice, the perkiness. Although she wasn’t excited or upset, she had that special sound to her voice like Leanna had. It almost brought tears to his eyes at the thought of her.

He could almost bet money on the fact that she probably had her brown hair and eyes. The sculp of her feminine features would probably be spot on with Leanna. He had to meet her, he just had to gain her trust over time.

“When are you going to call her back, Jim?”Zacky questioned.

“Maybe tomorrow. I don’t know if I should give her a days break or not.”He grinned at his upcoming thought.”I don’t want to sound desperate or anything.”

“How old is she?”Johnny asked.

“Short shit,”Brian shook his head.”really?”

“I’m going to be floored with laughter if she turns out to be like eleven years old or something.”Zacky laughed.”Because then you are a legit pedophile.”

“Hey, you can’t-”He argued.

“Alright!”Matt shot his hands up with a chuckle.”Alright! Enough. I think Jimmy has had enough excitement within the last fews days.”

“One more thing,”Johnny chimed in quietly.

Everyone turned toward him, their eyes slightly rolling or a huff escaping their lips. His smile grew widely, forcing the guys to grow slightly confused.

“Does this give us a reason to party?”He smirked.

Matt dropped his head in his hands and began to laugh at his friends enthusiasm on partying. He looked up at Jimmy and smiled at his goofy grinned face. He asked, “What do you say, Jimbo?”

“I think a pre-party for speaking to Hillari is in desperate need, Mr. Sanders.”He said.

“Then, a party it is, then.”The guys all jumped from their seats, scattering throughout the house in seconds.

They each had taken the time to pick out the food and utensils, but more importantly, the alcohol. As music blasted through Matt’s backyard, Jimmy starred down the pool of women. It wasn’t a free for all party or anything, but there was plenty of girls.

Most were friends of the guys or friends of their friends. He picked here and there at the food, but couldn’t drag his mind away from the phone call he had made earlier that day with Hillari. Did she really want him to call back? Or was this just a trick?

Would she have her number changed by the time he had called back? Maybe Hillari really did want him to get in contact with her, despite the years of abandonment. He cringed at his own thoughts, trying to skip through them easily.

A large, heavy hand smacked his back, forcing him to jump slightly. He looked to his side, finding Brian with a large smile on his face. He held out a beer to Jimmy, offering it almost in a persuading manner.

“No, I’m good dude.”He said.

“Oh, come on, Jimbo. It’s one beer. You’ve done good so far these past couple of years. Break the tie breaker man and have just one.”He said.”You deserve it.”

He swung the beer between his two fingers, dangling it between Jimmy’s eyes. He licked his lips hungrily and shook away from the persuasion.

“You know you do.”He sang softly.

Jimmy snatched the bottle from his fingers after a few seconds and popped open the top.

“Alright, now the party is getting started!”He laughed.

Jimmy sipped heavily from the beer and grinned moronically at Brian. He did slightly deserve the low percentage beverage, but he felt guilty doing it at the same time. He had done so well these past couple of years. But what would a single beer hurt?

Throughout the night everyone had forgotten their past troubles and enjoyed themselves. Johnny had managed to persuade multiple girls into a kiss off; Brian had talked his way into a girls pants, for the most part and Zacky had sat back and enjoyed the music.

Matt and Jimmy stood at the edge of the pool, talking amongst themselves. They laughed for a couple minutes before Matt wiped his tearing eyes. He coughed into his hand and shook his head from the jokes made and memories spoken of.

“Hey,”He rose his beer in the air, trying to gain everyone’s attention.”hey, everyone! Listen up!”

The party became quiet and Zacky turned the music down low. Everyone’s eyes watched both Matt and Jimmy carefully, as if they were to propose something important.

“I want to give a congrats to my best friend, Jimmy! He deserved this after a long time of fighting and bravery.”He turned to Jimmy and smiled.”You’ve done so well with your life, Jimbo. I bless you and your daughter, Hillari. I wish you guys the best. Cheers!”

A crowd erupted with multiple sayings and they drank down their beers and liquor. Jimmy gave an approving smile to Matt and pulled him into a hug.

“Thankyou, bro, so much.”He pulled away and took a swig from his beer.”For everything. You guys helped me so much.”

“Don’t worry about it. Now that something good happened to you, I want you to keep it.”He said.”Make a relationship with your baby girl. And don’t lose it, no matter what, Jim.”

“I don’t plan on it.”He smiled.

Matt’s smile quickly turned mischievous, leaving him dumbstruck. He turned toward the house quickly and found Brian coming full speed at him. Before he could react, both Jimmy and Brian fell into the pool, water spilling out the sides.

He came up from under the water and breathed heavily. He looked down at his empty hands and splashed Brian. He quickly shouted, “You dick! You made me lose my fucking beer!”

Laughter echoed loudly into the large backyard. After he pulled himself from the pool, he looked back at all the smiling faces. If he could pull Hillari into his life, would she accept the rocker lifestyle waiting for her?

Will he have to hide her from his weekend flings in Matt’s backyard? He didn’t know how old she was, which also made this a bit of a nausianse to him. He rubbed down his face and couldn’t fight back his smile. Something told him she’d fit in perfectly, which scared him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou to erased memories and NanShiXiongZhu for the story comments! You readers and subscribers are seriously the best. I also wrote a Jimmy oneshot if you guys are interested.

Whatever It Is