Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Thank Yous

“The record company called today. They said whenever we’re ready we can stop by and record Fiction.”Matt smiled like a kid in a candy store.

It was the best news they had in a little while, at least concerning their songs. Matt patted Jimmy on the back and said, “Congratulations dude. You’re songs gonna be on the cd.”

“Thanks, man.”Jimmy grinned.”Told ya, Bri.”

“Whatever.”He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back against the wall.”We’ll get something better.”

“Hillari liked it.”Zacky said.”That’s a plus, right?”

“A good sign. Which reminds me, it’s been a couple days. I should get in touch with her.”Jimmy ran his thumb over his phone, but stopped.”When we come back I’ll call her. Maybe she’ll want to come to the recording studio.”

“Maybe she wants to learn to play the bass.“Johnny winked.

“Short shit I swear to god.”Jimmy growled.

“I’m serious!”His chuckles quickly gave him away.

“She has a boyfriend, dude.”Brian suddenly smirked.”Anyway, she definitely be into me if Devin left.”

“Stop!”Jimmy waved his hands in the air and pressed his hands against his ears.”I don’t want to hear this!”

“She’s seventeen guys.”Matt grinned.”We were all like twenty when she was born.”

“So.”Johnny looked down at the ground and crossed his arms over his chest.”I’m the youngest out of the group, anyways.”

“So you’re behind us a few years. Doesn’t mean you’re young enough for her.”Zacky spat.

“Let’s just,”Jimmy shook his head, but couldn’t help but laugh.

His friends were always there to make him laugh or be content. It was hard to stay mad at them sometimes.

“Let’s just hit the studio, alright?”He grabbed his car keys and jingled them.”We’ll take my car.”

“Can I dr -”Jimmy shot Johnny a glare, sending him to be quiet in seconds.

“I don’t trust you’re driving as far as I can throw you.”Jimmy said.

“Fair enough.”Johnny grinned.

The guys piled into the car after stocking it with their equipment. The drive was definitely long and eventful, but within an hour they were stepping into the studio. As Jimmy looked around he saw the different buttons and wave lengths to change songs or voices. He noticed the large booth where they could sing. Luckily it was large enough to fit a few of them inside.

It wasn’t only Fiction that would be played today. Within a few days and weeks, their entire album would be recorded and sorted. Within no time it would be pressed into a cd and Avenged Sevenfold’s adoring fans would be able to hear their new vocals and notes. Jimmy was extremely excited, but he was more excited to invite Hillari to the studio.

An older man stepped up to the group, offering them water, beer and any sort of snacks they could think of. After offering the guys everything under the sun, he stuck his hand out to Matt. He was a stocky man, nearly fifty, but held himself very well. He seemed like a very sweet old man with a slight resemblence to Santa Claus.

“My name’s Tyler O’Doole.”He smiled warmly, his beard following after his smile.”Call me Doole, Tyler, anything under the sun except asshole. That word irks me some.”

The guys stiffled a laugh and each shook his hand accordingly. After introductions, the guys began bringing in their equipment and setting it up. Jimmy prepared his drum set and smiled wildly when it was finished. It was his drum set that gave him so many ideas and got a lot of songs finished.

He loved his drum set so much that if anyone layed a hand on it, it would break in a second. He was the only one to touch that set and it would be that way until the day he died. Jimmy played along the drums softly and watched as Brian tuned his guitar. He absentmindedly began playing Enter Sandman and Brian tuned in with him.

They smiled at each other, trying to out play one another here and there. He quickly came to a stop when he realized they would be recording soon. He stood from his drums when Brian proudly announced, “Out played you!”

Jimmy turned with a joking glare and pulled his cell phone from his pocket. He stepped outside and grabbed his cigarettes, lighting one once he dialed Hillari’s number. He waited for the ringing to end when Hillari’s soft but pronounced voice answered with, “Hi Jimmy!”

“How are you sweetheart?”He kicked at the dirt like a shy child.”Day goin’ good?”

“Yeah. I just went and saw Unknown with Devin. I actually just got back like five minutes ago.”She giggled softly.”What’s up?”

“Well, the guys and I just got to the studio.”He smiled.

“Studio?”She stopped for a moment, most likely thinking of what Jimmy meant.”You’re recording a song?!”

“Exactly. I was wondering - well, the guys and I were wondering, if you’d like to come down and check us out?”Jimmy smoked from his cigarette, anxiously waiting for her answer.

“I’d love to, Jimmy.”He could almost see the smile come to her lips.”Where is it?”

“It’s actually right outside of Fountain Valley. If you want I can come pick you up?”He chewed on his bottom lip, wishing Hillari would just say okay and he could jump into his car.

“Let me tell my parents and I’ll give you my address.”She said.

That statement seemed to have sent a rather painful sting through Jimmy’s chest. He sometimes seemed to forget that Hillari had actual parents - the people who had taken his baby girl in when she was only an infant. He pressed his hand over his heart and slightly frowned. He hated when she referred to them as her parents.

He was completely understanding, but he never enjoyed hearing that word. He never expected Hillari to refer to him as dad, but he would surely enjoy it if she had. He could hear Hillari running down a hall and before he knew it he could hear Hillari and her parents talking.

“. . .see. . . not.”He was hoping for a yes.

When Hillari came back onto the phone, Jimmy grew slightly nervous. Hopefully Ken and Michelle trusted him enough to come and pick her up for the day. It was only one in the afternoon and he wouldn’t keep her for long. If it made them feel any better he would promise her back by five, the latest.

“They said okay, but they want to talk to you first. Is that okay?”She seemed slightly apprehensive, but who could blame her?

“Why wouldn’t it be?”He chuckled softly.”Of course it’s okay.”

With a soft giggle, Jimmy could hear the phone being passed off. Jimmy’s chest tightened with nerves when her father came onto the phone. He wasn’t so intimidating like he would think, but knowing he could get in trouble with this man did slightly unnerve him.

“Jimmy?”Ken’s voice boomed into the phone, forcing Jimmy to pull the cell away some.

“Hey, how are you, Ken?”He had to play nice, no matter what happened.

“I’m doing good. I just want to know where this place is and who’s gonna be there.”He understood his worries; he’d have the same questions.

“Just the band. I promise Hillari will be safe and sound.”He took a long drag of his cigarette, hoping that the studio wouldn’t scare Hillari’s parents into saying no.

“Sounds good. She told me about the barbeque and I just want to say thank you, Jimmy.”Ken stated proudly.”Thankyou for being a good man. I was afraid at first. I didn’t want to see her get hurt, you know?”

“I understand.”Jimmy said.”I understand a hundred percent. Ken,”

Jimmy stopped for a moment and thought about what he wanted to say. Here was Ken, her adoptive father thanking Jimmy for being a good guy. Jimmy knew he should be thanking Ken and Michelle for being such wonderful and understanding parents. If it weren’t for them, he might be seeing Hillari right now.

He wanted to thank them for being so kind and loving to Hillari. For being there when she needed them and being such wonderful people. He slightly envied them, knowing they spent the last seventeen years with Hillari when Jimmy only found out about her nearly a month ago.

“I want to thank you and Michelle.”He breathed.”You guys seem like such loving and understanding parents. I’m so grateful to know she’s grown up with love and nothing less than that. So, Ken, you and your wife Michelle are my heros. Thank you, so much.”

Ken was silent on the phone, but so was Jimmy. Was he going to laugh at him for being so real, or would he be very considerate about Jimmy’s opinions? There was a reel of nerves on both ends.

“Jimmy,”Ken began softly.”you seem like such a wonderful man. I don’t doubt that. Knowing you reached out to Hillari for whatever reason it be, I want you to know you have my up most respect. Thank you. Now before this gets all mushy, I’m going to hand you to Hillari, alright? You have a good day and make sure our baby is safe. She’s your daughter as much as ours, Jimmy.”

Jimmy wiped at his eyes, feeling the tension and tears flow in. He stepped out his cigarette and a large, heart warming smile met his lips. He had a good connection with Hillari and her parents. He was grateful to know these people and more grateful to be in their life.

Jimmy cleared his throat and heard the phone be passed over once more. When Hillari came back onto his phone, he cleared his throat, trying to hide his cracking voice.

“You have a pen and paper, Jimmy?”She asked.”Do you want my parents to drop me there? Would that be any easier?”

“Don’t worry about it Hillari. It’s no problem.”He said happily.”I’d be more than happy to get you myself.”

“Alright.”She was most likely smiling; you could hear it in her voice.”I’m at 310 Moonachie Ave.”

“310,”Jimmy tried to make a mental note of the address.

He would only pop it into his gps when he got into the car. With a smile, he stated, “Alright. I’ll see you soon, Hillari. Do you need time to change or anything?”

“No, I’m ready the way I am.“She said.“I’ll probably be outside anyway.”

“Alright. See you soon, sweetheart.”With a last goodbye, Jimmy and Hillari hung up.

He coughed quietly into his hand and stepped into the studio. He waved through the glass at Matt, who was singing his vocals for Fiction. He stopped on cue and the guys layed their eyes on Jimmy. With a grin he said, “I’m going to get Hillari. I’ll be back in like a half hour.”

“Can I go?!”Johnny stood quickly, ready to leave at the drop of a hat.

“No, that’s okay.”Jimmy waved him off.”We wont be long.”

“Hurry up!”Matt shouted through his microphone.”You’re part is coming up soon!”

Jimmy gave Matt a thumbs up as he exited through the front door. As he started a jog toward his car, he stopped suddenly just a few feet from his driver’s door. He placed a heavy hand over his chest and groaned quietly. His heartburn was coming back with a vengeance.

He dug his hand into his front pocket and pulled out his Prevacid vile. He opened it quickly, popping one in his mouth in seconds. If it weren’t for his Prevacid, he’d be drinking a gallon of milk a day to ease his flaming heart. After a few short breaths, he got into his car. It seemed like the word parents really struck a nerve in his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :)

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel
Molz
intotheshadows!
alive again;
Jedi_Jody
Blueskittles
Musicalness99
mistery gurl
Aightball
beLIEve;

Thankyou subscribers :)

Okay, no one panic! It's not as bad as you think it's gonna be! You guys are scaring me! Haha. Thankyou all for enjoying this story as much as I've been! I've gotten so many readers, subscribers and comments that it breaks my heart knowing this will be over soon. But remember, I've got a great idea for a sequal - I wont leave you guys hanging! :)

p.s When The Sun Goes Down is officially ready and started. It's my Boondock Saints/Zombie fic :D