Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Studio

I sat on the front porch with my parents, smoking and laughing as time went by. I don’t know what was conversed over the phone between Jimmy and my father, but it certainly put him in a good, loving mood. I crossed my legs Indian style on the chair while my mom finished laughing.

“Do you remember when Johnny Miller had that finger puppet?”She choked.”You guys were so fucked up on angel dust, right?”

“I don’t even remember.”My dad chuckled.”But I remember that douche bag playing with the damn thing on the dashboard. Tell you the truth, I don’t even know how we made it home.”

“The laws were a lot different then, dad.”I grinned.

I flicked my cigarette into the lawn and smiled slyly over at my dad. With a stern face he said, “You plan on gettin’ that?”

“Give me a few minutes. I don’t plan on getting up.”I smirked.

Like it was on cue, a large black SUV pulled up alongside the sidewalk by our front lawn. I could tell by the lanky man in the front seat that it was Jimmy. I looked from the car to my parents and laughed to myself. This car was certainly very nice and you could tell he had the money to feed it’s gas guzzling engine.

His driver’s door opened and he stepped out, waving happily over at the three of us. He walked his way up to the porch and shook my father’s hand. He happily gave my mom a hug before moving onto myself. I stood from my seat and opened my arms with a large smile.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me and said, “You ready to go?”

My parents stood and looked over at the both of us. I pulled away from Jimmy and asked, “Do you want to see the house first?”

“Sure.”He seemed a little moved by my question.

Was he expecting to pick me up and go? Did Jimmy never expect to set foot in my house because of who he was? With a grin, I opened the door and let him walk in. I showed him around, but I knew our house wasn’t nearly as nice as his. When we stepped up the stairs into my room, he smiled.

“Posters,”He began.”I had too many to count when I was your age.”

After a short conversation Jimmy looked down at his phone. His eyes seemed to have widened slightly before he looked down at my parents. With a soft voice, he said, “I have to get back. Matt wont stop texting me.”

“Alright.”My mom kissed my forehead goodbye and I hugged my dad tightly.

“You be good, sug.”He said.”Call me if you need anything.”

“I know.”I pulled away and followed Jimmy out the front door.

I shouted back to them that I loved them before stepping foot into his large car. As I sat in the front seat, I pushed my glasses back up my nose. A few days ago my new pair had finally come in the mail. The drive away from the house made my stomach turn slightly. This was the first time he had picked me up from any where.

Our relationship had grown significantly from the first words we said to each other over the phone. It was so exciting to know that we have gotten closer, even if we didn’t spill our secrets or do anything other than talk or see each other every so often. I was happy to know that we were growing.

Jimmy played with the radio, trying to find a good station that played anything except for rap or hip hop. I chuckled softly as he furrowed his eyebrows, looking from the road to the stereo every few seconds. I reached into my bag and pulled out my ipod before reaching back down for my aux wire.

“What are you doing?”He grabbed back onto the steering wheel and smiled over at me.

“This is an aux wire. I can plug my ipod into your radio and listen to what I want.”I grinned.”Is that okay?”

“Just don’t play any religious music and we have a deal.”I plugged it in and searched for a song I would hope he would like.

“What do you have on that thing anyway?“He asked.“Anybody good?”

“Well, since you happen to be one of those metal, screaming type of guys,”I scrolled down my ipod and grinned evily.“this will suit you very well.”

Lil Wayne came blaring through his speakers and he arched his eyebrow accusingly.

“For the love of Satan,”I burst into laughter before skipping down to Pantera.

“I was only kidding. How do you like them?”Walk poured through his speakers and he seemed to ease up slightly.

“I can deal with Pantera.”He chuckled.”You know we played this song live.”

“Really?”It took me by surprise; I kept forgetting his band was actually famous.

“It’s amazing to play.”He took a left down the road and I looked back down at my Ipod.

“Do you like Metallica?”I clicked on The Unforgiven and his smile widened.

“How much do you like Metallica?“He asked.

“A pretty good amount.”I said.”My mom loves them. I guess I’m a Metallica baby. I’ve grown up listening to them.”

“I played with them.”My jaw dropped and I could see him smiling.

“I don’t think I can talk to you anymore.”I crossed my arms over my chest and starred out the window.”Uncalled for.”

I chewed on my bottom lip, praying to God that I didn’t start laughing. Jimmy chuckled to himself before pulling into a small parking lot, filled with nice cars and trucks.

“We’re here.”I stepped out and looked at the building, slightly confused.

Weren’t recording studios’ much larger than this? Didn’t they have a lot of floors and windows so shiny it was like looking into a mirror? I scratched the back of my head, wondering where we really were. Jimmy stepped up and shoved his hands into his pockets.

“Whatcha lookin’ at?”He grinned.

This is a recording studio?”I asked.”Shouldn’t it be huge and fancy looking?”

“Those people are too fancy for us. So we make music here, kick their ass in votes and beat their pop girly music within a week of putting out our album.”He gave a toothy grin before walking toward the open front door.

I walked in with him, finding Brian recording some amazing riffs from his guitar. I found myself tapping my foot to the beat with a smile. Once taking his gaze away from the guitar, he stopped and waved happily in my direction.

“Little Sullivan!”He popped open the door and stepped out, hugging me tightly.

It was slightly awkward, yes, but it was nice to know that he at least liked me enough to hug me. I waved to all of the guys and stood there, being the shyest I’ve ever been. I wasn’t one to shy away from people, but being in front of Jimmy and his friends kind of made me nervous. The barbeque went well, but that was a party.

Parties are something I’ve grown quite accustomed to. It didn’t matter if it were a school night or a Friday evening. If someone was having a party, you could count on Devin and myself to be there. Brian set down his guitar and looked over at, I believe their manager, and pointed in my direction.

“Jimmy’s daughter Hillari.”He wrapped his arm over my shoulder, forcing me to flinch just slightly.”This is Tyler O’Doole, but you can call him whatever you want. Except for asshole! He hates that name.”

“Nice to meet you.”I shook his hand, taking in his features.

If I didn’t know any better, this man proved the existence of Santa Claus. Like I had expected, as time went by, the more comfortable I got around everyone. It was going on two hours by the time everyone had taken their turn in the recording room. I couldn’t help but smile happily when Jimmy forced his drum set into the room.

This song happened to be called Buried Alive, and by the sounds of Brian and Zacky’s guitars, I fell in love with it. I loved the smooth notes of a guitar and this one definitely was my favourite so far. I played with the wrapper to my cigarettes, hoping that someone would mention the word food.

I was absolutely starving and I’m more than surprised the guys didn’t say they were hungry. I was sitting in a room full of young, fit men. I was shocked to not hear one of them complain yet. I sat up by Tyler, watching as Jimmy winked in my direction. Tyler pressed one of the hundreds of buttons on the machine and said, “Whenever you’re ready, Jim.”

He started off slowly, almost prepping himself for the song. Before I could realize it, he was banging around on the drums, forming a beautiful and symphonic sound. It seemed to have made the song that much more memorable, which brought such a smile to my lips. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned quickly.

Matt stood above me with a grin and said, “We’re going to order out. You want anything?”

“From where?”I wasn’t trying to be picky; I was starving at this point.

“Pizza place up town. Come outside. We’re having a smoke break.”He walked away, but I continued to watch Jimmy play.

It was absolutely astonishing at how he hit the drums, making each note and beat perfect. He began to sweat, but even the salty substance didn’t stop him from continuing on. If I had ever seen these guys live, he would inspire me to play. It wasn’t like he was playing just to make a cd. He was playing because it was in his heart.

You could feel how much he loved his drum set and his music. He would furrow his eyebrows together, sometimes closing his eyes, smacking and banging so perfectly against the thin fabric drums. When he finally finished, I stood from my seat. He stepped out of the door and wiped his brow on his shirt.

“Thanks man.”He patted Tyler on the back before looking over at me.”Smoke break?”

“The guys are getting lunch.”I followed him to the door, searching my bag once again for my cigarettes.

“Thank god.”He breathed.”I’m starving.”

I stepped outside, my hands and eyes searching through my bag for my cigarettes. I could have sworn I had brought them.

“Hillari, watch it!”My foot clipped the leg of the plastic chair, sending me to the floor.

I cursed under my breath, feeling my cheeks grow hot in embarrassment. The items in my bag scattered across the pavement with loud clanks and crashes. I pushed myself to my knees and groaned softly. A tight grip met my upper arm and yanked me to my feet. I looked up and chuckled in embarrassment at Jimmy.

“You okay?”What shocked me though, was the concern in his eyes.

It was a simple fall, only scraping my elbow some. Blood was certainly minimal, but it was Jimmy that was scared for me. It was like seeing his baby fall on their butt for the first time. Only I wasn’t a baby and cried when I fell. I wiped off my arms and nodded my head.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I guess I’m clumsy.”I began to pick up my things, but Matt had beat me to it.

He handed me my bag and smiled warmly. He quietly said, “I don’t know if you put anything in certain pockets, but it’s all in there.”

“Thanks.”I pulled my bag from his hands and shook my head.

My cigarettes sat right on top; the stupid box that caused me to fall was right in front of my face. With an aggravated sigh, I pulled one out and lit it, like the flame would make it scream when they met. I sat in between Zacky and Jimmy and watched as they passed the menu back and forth.

“You ever eat from here?”Brian pushed the menu in my direction and I shook my head.

“I normally go to Wendy’s.”I laughed.

Everything on the menu seemed delicious, but then again when you’re hungry everything sounds good.

“I think you should get a calzone.”Johnny said.”They’re amazing. They fry them instead of bake them.”

“Does she look like she can eat a whole calzone?”Zacky laughed.”Get what you want. Don’t worry about money. We got you.”

“I can’t let you guys do that. I don’t know you well enough to let you pay for me. Not that I would except it ether way.”I mumbled softly.

“You can only eat if you don’t pay.”Matt grinned.

“I wont eat.”I argued with a grim smirk.

“She’s an arguer too?!”Brian shook his head, but underneath his chin length hair there was a smile.

“I’ll order for you then.”Jimmy snatched the menu from my hands and eyed down the paper.”How does an Italian hero sound?”

“Nope.”I leaned back in my chair and took a long pull from my cigarette.

“Stromboli?”He asked; he could play this game all day if he wanted to.

“No.”I chuckled lowly to myself and peeked over at the menu.“I can eat, so don’t think I’m a salad eating chick.”

“I like her.”Johnny grinned.

All eyes turned to him and he sunk back in his seat. Within a few minutes, everyone had decided what they wanted, including myself. I actually followed after Johnny and got a ham and cheese calzone, which sounded so perfect. I couldn’t eat the whole thing to save my life, but they would be surprised with what I could put down.

They ordered and we talked until a small, silver Mitsubishi pulled up along the sidewalk. When he pulled everything from the car, his hands were more than full. I could tell you one thing for sure; these boys could eat. The bill was some sort of ridiculous and they gave him a hefty tip.

We dug into the food, everyone enjoying every bite. Johnny was certainly correct when he said their calzones were amazing. Every bite was like a party in my mouth and I drooled even when eating it. I finished rather quickly, pushing away the last quarter of my calzone away from me.

I groaned and let my head fall back. The guys laughed as they finished nearly ten minutes later. I looked over at Jimmy who ate vigorously at his meatball hero. He had taken down another hero, but it was only half the size as his meatball sandwhich. I chuckled as he sat back in his chair, hand over his full stomach.

“For a skinny shit he can eat.”Zacky grinned.

“And -”Matt elbowed Brian in the ribs, preventing him from going on.”Asshole that hurt.”

He grabbed a finger full of sauce and pressed it against Matt’s face, sending him into a fury.

“Dick! That was uncalled for!”He pushed the last bite of sandwhich into Brian’s face and I burst out into laughter.

“You hit me in the ribs!”Brian threw the tattered sandwhich back at Matt, hitting him in the nose.

“You were going to make fun of Zacky!”He growled.

“They’re big kids at heart.”Johnny chuckled.

“You’re the biggest one.”Brian glared.

“Is that a fat joke?”Johnny pressed his hand against his chest, playing the hurt victim.

“Johnny - I - fuck you!”Brian snarled.

“And they have anger problems.”Johnny said.

Brian stood from his seat, but Zacky jumped up to defend Johnny.

“He’s mentally a ten year old! Don’t touch him!”The guys began to bicker back and forth, sending Jimmy and I to clutch our stomachs in pain.

The laughing gave me cramps, but I just couldn’t stop. They day had definitely went better than I thought it would. When the guys finally calmed down, we took one last cigarette break before heading inside. Jimmy coughed gently into his hand, but when his hand reached down for his chest, I grew slightly curious.

I leaned forward, watching as his eyes winced in pain. He turned toward me, pushing back what was in his eyes and smiled warmly. With a confused look, I asked, “You okay, Jimmy?”

“I’m fine. Food stuck in my chest.”He coughed again into his hand and stood from his seat.”I’ll be right back.”

He headed for inside, hand clutching his chest like it was on fire. I was nervous, but decided against it. He wouldn’t hide much from me now, right? I took a large pull from my cigarette and looked up at Matt. His eyes had shown something else I couldn't quite catch, but he pushed it aside quickly with a smile.

I wanted to ask what that was about, but I didn’t want to be too nosey. With a shrug of my shoulders I leaned back in my seat and relaxed. It could have been heartburn for all I know. He did have a sandwhich with a lot of sauce on it. That tends to cause heartburn every now and then.

I was just hoping, deep down inside, that he wasn’t hiding anything health wise from me. I had that little urge to go check on him, but as soon as the thought popped into my head, he was walking back out, smiling happily. If I were to ask him he’d most likely push it aside, so I ignored it. But that curious voice was still screaming at me to question it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :)

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel
Molz
intotheshadows!
alive again;
Jedi_Jody
Blueskittles
Musicalness99
mistery gurl
Aightball
beLIEve;

Thankyou subscribers :D

For those of you reading Love Like Crazy, I'm sad to say that it's been put on a major hiatus. >.< Sorry guys. I know how it's going to happen in my head, but I can't get it on paper. I'm sure a lot of you know how that is. Once I can figure it out, it should be out hopefully soon.

Meanwhile, my new story When The Sun Goes Down is out. The first chapter is officially out :D