Sequel: Mature

Adolescent

Graduation

Graduation - a term used to excite the students of HB High School. To let them soak in that reality was just around the corner and Colleges’ waited to hand out scholarships. Most of the students knew what their passion in life was and were ready to tackle it full throttle. Some debated back and forth, wondering if a break was well needed to find themselves.

I myself had known since seventh grade what I had wanted to be. When I came of age I wanted to except that diploma and go right into college to become a criminal psychologist. I had seen multiple movies where the psychologist spoke with the criminally insane or murderers. I wanted just that. As for Devin, he was a different story.

He had juggled the idea of serving our proud country or becoming a Veterinarian for California. He enjoyed the company of animals and he had that extra perk of not wanting to adopt everything that came his way. I could feel my hands begin to sweat out of nerves, but kept that god given smile on my lips the whole time.

My graduation dress peeked slightly out of my graduation gown, which was baught by Jimmy. After insisting he not buy me a thing, he had Matt take me out for ice cream. Since I refused to accept anything from Jimmy, he had told Matt to take me out dress shopping for graduation. As for Jimmy’s heart condition, it had been brought under control.

It had broke all our hearts when he spilled the news, but just like he had said, he promised he would stay here no matter what came his way. After long conversations and heart felt words, I had come to know that Jimmy had battled many demons in his life time. It just so happens that God had given him a break when he found out about me.

Jimmy has only been in my life for a few months now, along with his friends, and I know that we’ll always have that connection we had from day one. I don’t expect Jimmy to be there for me like my own father had been for the past seventeen years, but I know he’ll try his best. I know he’ll treat me as a daughter and treat me well.

I looked out into the bleachers that were full of parents, grand parents, cousins and friends. My parents had managed to steal a few seats in front, leaving me to feel nervous and happy all in one. God forbid I trip, I would never live it down. Especially when my eyes caught sight of Matt, Brian, Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy.

They sat in the front row between my parents, waving happily and whistling loudly to catch my attention. I gave a small wave before looking next to me at Devin. His smile grew from ear to ear as he cupped my hand in his. He leaned over, quietly whispering, “We’re almost outta here, Hillari.”

I mouthed a simple I can’t wait, but deep down inside I would stay in High School forever. It’s where I’ve come to know my true identity and be myself. My friends were here and my favourite teachers were inside. I saw my mother pat at her eyes and chuckled quietly to myself. It was when the principal stepped up that made her break down more.

I waited through the multiple speeches, growing more and more anxious as they began calling names. They called Ariel, who sat to my left and I knew I was up next. As she climbed the stage I cried out her name, clapping happily when she took hold of her diploma. She winked out into the class crowd before scurrying down the stage to her seat.

My name was called out into the field, sending a shrill of whistles and screams to echo out loudly. My cheeks blushed a brilliant red as I took hold of my diploma. I shook the man’s hand before making my way to my seat. I looked at the front row, seeing the guys, Jimmy and my parents waving and shouting at me.

My heart beat fiercely against my chest as the Principal thanked and congratulated us over and over again. He presented the graduating class of 2011 and that was when the hats flew up into the air. Screams and cheering errupted so loudly that I covered my ears. I turned toward Devin, hugging him tightly as Lean On Me blared through the speakers.

He wrapped his arms tightly around my petite body and lifted me off the ground. He laughed loudly into my ear as I shouted, “We’re done! We’re fucking done!”

“I love you, so much!”As my heels clapped against the grass again, I smiled up at Devin.

“I love you too.”I whispered softly.

“Hillari!”The crowd from the bleachers marched to the fields, hugging and crying as they reached their now grown children.

I turned toward the cries, shouting loudly as I was pulled into an air born hug. I clutched roughly onto Matt’s shirt as he spun me around the grass. Laughter sounded around me as he placed me back down on the ground. I was engulfed multiple times by the guys before my parents stepped in. They hugged me tightly, whispering how much they loved and appreciated me.

Tears welled in my blue eyes as I pulled away from them. Ms. Thatcher, Devin’s mother, ran down from the bleachers, literally leaping onto Devin when she met up with him. Tears streamed down her face as she kissed his cheeks repeatedly. He wrapped his large arms around her and kept a tight hug on her.

I turned toward Jimmy, who stood awkwardly to the side. I could see behind the blue in his eyes how happy he was and I couldn’t blame him. I was ecstatic and sad all in one. As my smile grew larger, I ran up to Jimmy, pulling him into an iron tight hug. I thought I could give tight hugs; I was dead beat against him.

My feet left the ground as he spun me in a circle. I laughed to myself as I was put gently back on the ground. I wavered slightly from being spun from everyone around me and grabbed onto his arm for support. He pulled his hand from around my back and handed be a beautiful boque of flowers.

I wiped my eyes from happy tears and took them gently in my hands. I hugged Jimmy tightly once more before saying softly, “Thankyou, so much, Jimmy.”

I pulled away and held the flowers to my chest. Ms. Thatcher pulled me into a tight hug, kissing the top of my head and congratulating me multiple times. I turned back toward Jimmy and he gave me a toothy grin. I grabbed his hand gently and looked back at the crowd of friends and family.

“Thankyou guys so much for being here. It means so much to me.”I patted at my eyes, trying to keep what make up I had left on.”These past couple of months have been such an adventure for me. In the end, I’m happy I met you guys. I’m happy to have my father back in my life.”

Jimmy squeezed my hand tightly and pressed a kiss on the top of my head.

“Jimmy,”I turned, looking him dead in the eye.”you’re a great father. I want you to know that.”

He stayed speechless and only wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Everyone conversed amongst themselves before my mom finally spoke up to the whole group.

“We’re having a graduation party back at the house. Everyone’s welcome to come.”She kissed my cheek before starting her walk back to the car.”We’ll be in the parking lot, sweetheart.”

They congratulated Devin once more before I looked up with hopeful eyes. I stepped away from Jimmy and wrapped my arms tightly around Devin’s waist. He released his mother’s hand and smiled down at me. He brushed a few stray locks of hair from my eyes as I said, “Want to go back to my house? It’ll be a blast.”

“Why the hell not.”He grinned as he placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

“Can I ride with you, Jimmy?”He gave me a weird look before shaking his head.

“You kidding me?”He laughed.”Come on little Sullivan.”

I blushed softly at the name as we all went our separate ways to the cars. As I climbed into the large SUV, I unzipped my gown. He laughed loudly when he saw the bright blue dress.

“I guess that ice cream trip was fun, huh?”He started his drive as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Oh, loads. Did you know the ice cream store sells dresses too?”I replied sarcastically.”Thankyou, Jimmy.”

I leaned over, kissing him softly on the cheek. I chuckled to myself as his cheeks blushed a light pink. At the end of my High School road, I found myself happier than I could ever be. I had a wonderful boyfriend who was there with me through thick and thin.

Parents that understood and trusted me with their lives. What I enjoyed most, was having the new friends I made through Jimmy and knowing how welcomed I was when we first met. When we arrived at my house, hundreds of pictures were taken before we could all enjoy the food and pool.

I had changed from my dress and into comfortable clothes, sporting a black bathing suit underneath. I grabbed my camera from my dresser and made my way back outside. I found Jimmy, sitting at the bench, laughing and cracking jokes with the rest of my family and friends.

I stopped for a moment, noticing how happy he seemed. He had been welcomed into my family as quick as I was into his. My parents accepted the fact that I now know and love my real father. They don’t think any lesser of me for wanting him in my life and I greatly appreciate that.

I shook the thoughts from my head and skipped behind Jimmy. He placed a forkful of macaroni salad into his mouth as I leaned over him, placing the camera right in front of his face. I laughed loudly as I took the picture. I looked down at my camera and smiled, seeing the priceless look on Jimmy’s face with my head resting on his shoulder.

Food smeared over his lips and chin as his face showed a completely lost expression. I sat on his shoulder, smiling happily when I clicked the picture. I shoved the camera into my pocket and waved suspiciously at Jimmy. He swallowed hard and furrowed his eyebrows at me. He pointed an accusing finger as he said, “Watch out little girl. I’m gonna get you later.”

“So, scared.”I spat with a giggle.

I walked away from Jimmy, finding my Aunt Kathy near the grill, munching down on a cheeseburger. I walked up and smiled happily in her direction. I pulled out my camera and asked nicely if she would be able to get my parents, Jimmy, Devin and the guys in a picture for me. She quickly agreed and I pulled everyone together.

My parents stood behind me, Jimmy and Devin took my sides and the guys surrounded my parents and myself. We smiled for a picture and I thanked her for taking it. I looked down at the picture and began laughing upon seeing Johnny. He had taken the hem of his shirt and pulled it through his neck, making his shirt stand just above his chest.

His face was priceless and he stuck out his hand. I was brought from my thoughts when Johnny came forward, his shirt placed back where it should be. He peeked over my shoulder and laughed as well. In a childish voice, he asked, “Can I please see your camera?!”

I handed it over, but was stopped when he asked how to take a video.

“You’re clueless with these things, aren’t you?”I fixed it onto video and he quickly clicked it on.

“Okay! I got it!”He shoved the camera in my face and I stepped back slightly.”Happy Graduation Hillari! Say swimming!”

“Swimming?”I let out a cry as I was pulled into large arms.”Brian!”

I grabbed his fedora, shoving it in his face as he made his way toward the pool.

“Don’t you dare!”He stopped, dropping me to my feet as he pulled the fedora from his face.

I grabbed his shirt, pushing him toward the pool with everything I had. I laughed as he tried to step away, but only stepped off the concrete into the pool. A loud splash echoed into the back yard, as well as laughter. Johnny ran over, making sure he caught Brian coming up to the surface.

“Nice try! She got one on you!”I burst into laughter as he brushed his hair from his eyes.

“Go, Matt, go!”I took off around the side of the pool, hearing Matt’s footsteps following right behind me.

“You can’t do this!”I stopped short as Devin met me halfway.

I screamed as Matt’s large arm wrapped around my waist. In a single pull, I was taken straight off the ground. I hit down on his arm, trying desperately to escape his iron tight grasp.

“Don’t watch! Help me!”I tried reaching for the floor as he grew closer to the pool.”Swimming! Swimming! Swimming!”

“Thankyou for traveling on the Sanders Express. Have a good swim!”I screamed loudly as I fell into the pool, feeling the cold water travel all around me.

I came up to the top, watching as Jimmy and Zacky snuck up behind Matt. The game seemed to end when they each pushed him full force, making him fall in right after me. I began laughing as he came up to the surface. He looked at me, faking an angry expression.

“Not funny.”He pushed me back under the water and smiled.

The party was going so well and I knew for a fact that there was plenty more to come. As night fall came, only the guys and my parents remained at the house. We sat around a bonfire, exchanging stories and laughing almost every minute. I sat on Devin’s lap, leaning back into his chest.

I yawned into my hand and smiled, watching as everyone conversed amongst themselves. Seeing how happy everyone was seemed to have put me at ease. No one had a grudge against the other. No one picked and faught with each other, with the exception of Brian and Johnny.

Then again, they always faught, sending the people around them to laugh and wonder who was on what. I took hold of Devin’s hands and let the smooth talking of everyone put me at ease. The night had gone as it seems and before I could think, I would be walking down the college stage with another diploma.

I hoped and prayed that everyone would still be in California by the time that came along. I wanted Jimmy in my world for the rest of my life. He had become such a good, caring friend and father figure. He was another shoulder to cry on if I needed him. Even though he suffered from an uncureable heart disease, I couldn’t help but know he would be okay.

It was knowing that he was here that I could be so happy for. Knowing that he wanted to know me and be with me that made me tear up. Knowing he loved me like his own, even though he’s only known me for a few months. Knowing that he would do anything for me if need be. He was a father in everyone’s eyes to me, but most of all, he was a father in my eyes.

I stood from Devin’s lap and walked my way over to Jimmy. I squeezed next to him and let my head rest on his shoulder softly. I smiled as he took hold of my hand and squeezed it gently. He looked down at me and said softly, “Congratulations, Hillari. I’m so proud of you, you know.”

“Thankyou, Jimmy.”I smiled.

“I’ve known you for such a short time, but you will always be my little girl. My little Sullivan.”He chuckled quietly.”I love you, Hillari. I always will.”

I choked on my breath, but could only let my smile grow. This was the first time I had ever heard him express how he felt toward me. He wasn’t suffering from an enlarged heart, he was enjoying what he was given. Jimmy didn’t have a disease; he really did just have that much love in him. I wrapped an arm around his waist and looked up at Jimmy.

“I love you too, Jimmy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Image

Image

Banner one by Neche. Banner two by hachie. Banner three by P.L.K.A.F.. Thankyou guys so much! :)

Thankyou to the commenters;
P.L.K.A.F.
Suhweet Tooth
BiteMe_Doll
erased memories
Violent Ecstasy
Gambit.
AlmostLovelyDisaster
Kitty Starr
Neche
Christ!
purplebutterfly0615
a7x babe56
Alyx Khaos
RealityOfDreams
mArty_m3lla!
KDRL
arie-so-scary
ForeverPlagued
XxDarkerwaterxx
Julie0990
till_death_do_i.
Taylor9867
VengeanceRevSyn6661
cobra9874
katebug
BringMeNirvana
AcidTripInDisneyland
Xxamericanxxidiotxx
TuckYou
OMGfun111
HelloFascination
avenging angel
Molz
intotheshadows!
alive again;
Jedi_Jody
Blueskittles
Musicalness99
mistery gurl
Aightball
beLIEve;
xGaskarthlovex
I’m Candy Baby
VampirePoly
THE_MoJo
ChasingMemories
foreveryoung14

__________________________the end

I want to thank every one of you who had read Adolescent. This story was my baby and you guys treated it so well. Reading every one of the comments I got put such a smile on my face, knowing that people enjoyed this story as much as me. The silent readers and subscribers put an even larger smile on my face.

I want to thank all of you guys who had anything to do with this story. Thank you so much for everything guys! I can’t say it enough. Almost 300 subscribers, almost 1000 readers! Over 200 comments! I love you guys, so much. I never expected this story to get as far as it did. Thankyou all once again.

PS - There will be a sequal! Look out for it! :D

I can't leave you guys hanging like that! I don't know when it will be out, but it wont be long.