Sequel: Oakland: A Tour Diary
Status: finished. thank you all so much. <3

I Left My Heart in San Diego

THIRTY

I couldn't wait for Zie to pull into my driveway and shut off her car. I practically jumped out of the car the second Zie shut off the ignition. Billie was waiting for me on my porch, a big grin on his face. I quickly walked up to him, my imitation of a run, and gave him a huge hug. "I feel like there's something between us," Billie joked.

I looked up at him and laughed. "I've missed you so much, Billie."

"So why did you stay away from me for so long?" he asked.

I cocked my head, thinking. "Because I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me," I answered.

Billie sighed into my hair. "I understand. I'm just glad that you've finally forgiven me," Billie said, resting his head on mine as I hugged him again.

I looked up at Billie solemnly. "Just don't get your hopes up too much," I said.

Billie chuckled, smiling, and releasing me from the hug. "Let's go inside, I have something I wanna show you," he said, kissing the top of my head and taking my hand. He looked at Zie still in my driveway. "Thanks for taking her, Zie."

"No problem, Billie. We're all just glad that you two are back together," she said, hopping back into her car. Billie just smiled and waved as she drove away; I made a heart with my hands. Zie saw my heart and smiled, making one back at me before she pulled away.

Billie chuckled and squeezed my hand. "Come on," he said, pulling me inside.

When we entered my foyer, there was a big vase of pink roses on the table. I gasped, releasing Billie's hand and putting it against my mouth. "Billie!" I gasped, walking over to the vase. I gently ran one of my fingers over one of the bulbs. "These are amazing! How did you know pink is my favorite color of rose?"

"It was easy. Red and white are too cliché, and pink is the perfect combination of originality and...cliché-ness," Billie answered.

I laughed, walking over and kissing him lightly. "Cliché-ness?"

"Yes. It's the brand new word sweeping the nation," Billie said, smiling. I laughed again, settling my head into Billie's chest. "Wanna sit down?" he asked.

I looked up at him and nodded. Billie took my hand and led me to the couch, sitting down and stretching his legs out, bringing me down on top of him. I snuggled into him, smiling. "How did you meet her?" I asked Billie after a few minutes of silence.

Billie sighed, but I knew the smile was still on his face. "At one of our shows. She was in the front of the mosh pit, and I called her up on stage at random. I didn't see her again until after the show, and she was all over me. I was still on such an adrenaline rush that I just wasn't thinking," he explained.

"The last part wasn't necessary, Billie, but thanks."

Billie wrapped his arms around me, right over my belly. "Were you serious when you said that you would name the baby Andrew if it was a boy?" he asked.

I chuckled. "Yes, Billie, I was completely serious. But the baby isn't a boy."

"I know, you told me. So have you thought of names otherwise?"

I shrugged. "Not really. Why, do you have any in mind?" I asked.

"I was thinking it over right after you told me we were having a daughter, and I couldn't think of any right away, but I did come up with a good couple after a good few minutes of thinking," Billie answered. "I thought it would be nice if we gave her a name that started with a C."

I thought for a second about what Billie said, putting it together in my mind. "A, B, C! Billie, that's adorable!" I squeaked, taking one of his hands and kissing it.

Billie laughed. "I thought you'd like it."

I giggled. "Did you have any actual names in mind?" I asked.

I felt Billie shrug. "I like Camille. It means 'perfect', from French."

"The name is pretty, but I don't like it because of what it means. It sounds pretentious, or like we're setting really high standards," I said.

"Yeah, you're right. How about Caralynn? 'Dear and beautiful'."

"That's pretty. I like it. I'm putting that into consideration," I said, grabbing a random pad of paper and a pen from the coffee table next to the couch. "How do you spell that?"

Billie laughed. "C-A-R-A-L-Y-N-N."

"Oh, that's gorgeous. I like it even more already," I said, scribbling it down. We were both silent for a second, thinking. "What about Carleigh?"

"With a Y?" Billie confirmed.

I shook my head. "No, with an I-G-H."

Billie didn't answer for a moment. "So how would you spell it?" he asked, sounding confused.

"C-A-R-L-E-I-G-H. It's the girl version of Charles."

"It sounds a little fancy, but it's certainly not terrible," Billie said.

"So do you wanna put it into consideration?" I asked. "I think we should."

"Yeah, we can." Billie smiled at me, watching me scribble it down. "Celeste?"

"Oooh, that's very pretty," I said, scribbling it down. We both thought for a few minutes. "Charlotte?" I asked.

"It's simple, but not too simple. I really like it." Billie pointed to the pad in my lap. "Write that one down."

I smiled, scribbling it down on the paper. "I liked that one, too."

"Caralynn, Carleigh, and Charlotte. Any other names we can add to this list?" Billie asked.

"Hmm..." I brought the pen to my lips, clacking my teeth on the cap. "Oh! Constance!"

"That's pretty, but it sounds like we're dooming the baby to a life of normalcy," Billie said.

I giggled. "Yeah, okay."

"If you like the name, you can write it down," Billie assured me.

"No, no, what you said made sense," I reasoned. "And she's gonna have a life so far from normalcy, especially with a rock star for a father."

Billie laughed and kissed me on the cheek. "So true. Dude!"

"What?" I asked.

"You just said that the baby is going to have a rock star father," Billie repeated.

"Yeah...so?"

"So her name should be Cadence!" Billie exclaimed.

I dropped the pad and pen onto the floor, rolling over to look Billie in the eyes. "Billie, that's absolute genius!" I squeaked, giving him a quick peck on the lips.

Billie smiled, kissing me back. "I thought you'd like it."

I sighed, looking at Billie. "That's what we have to name the baby. Seriously," I insisted. I rolled back over, his hands resting on my belly.

"I love you, Arizona," Billie whispered into my ear.

I smiled slightly, snuggling back into his chest. "I love you, too, Billie Joe." Billie kissed me on the cheek and picked up the TV remote.