The Hunger Games

Chapter 6

"My golly you look wonderful!" Jewles exclaimed. "Now why don't you go ahead and see your friend, whats-her name. Just don't see the boys yet. Me and Madney want it to be a surprise!
"I hope the surprise is good." I snapped at her sarcastically.
"You'll just have to wait!" she said as she lead me to another room. "Your friend Sari will be here any minute! You can take a seat on the couch if you'd rather be seated. Tomorrow will be a busy, busy day! I'll see you in the morning at breakfast dear!" she smiled before leaving the room. A few moments later Sari entered. I couldn't have been any happier to see her finally.
"I hate capitol people." she said as she entered the room.
"I'm on fire." I muttered in disgust while raising my arms.
"Me too," she said raising hers. "How'd it go with Zander? Are you gonna be okay?" she asked eagerly.
I felt myself starting to blush. I had no idea whether to tell her or not.
"What happened!? Tell me!" she rang out eagerly.
"He... um... he kissed me on the cheek." I stuttered. There was an awkward silence. Sari changed the subject.
"We should have an alliance. You, Zander and I. We could win together! No matter what happens!"
"Um, what about Mason?" I asked. I couldn't help but be sorry for the boy. After all, he had no friends in the Hunger Games.
Sari paused, "I-I don't know...He... I guess he'll have to fend for himself..."
That's when I started getting angry. Sari is my best friend but right now she was being very selfish.
"That's crazy!", I said raising my voice "He'll get killed within a day!"
"What are we suppose to do Mick?" she asked me within wanting an answer. "Just having two of us win is dangerous! Three is extreme! But four?! It's crazy..." she said lowering her voice a bit.
"And what if he's the only one left?" I asked.
"That won't happen, I'll make sure of it" she assured me.
"What, you're gonna tell people to kill him?" I asked suspiciously.
"No, the Gamemakers are probably gonna kill him off. I'm not going to do the dirty work." she said before throwing her face into her hands. "I don't know what to do..." she sobbed.
There was no way for me to comfort her as I didn't have any idea either. I stared at the carpet.