The Hunger Games

Chapter 9

Today I woke up to find that we had reached our final destination: Hell.
In other words the Capitol. The place where my three friends and I would most likely meet our death.
Hannah and the others had been working on my dress all morning and it was finally done.
It was amazing.
I stepped out of the dressing room wearing a medium length dress. The top half a black button up, the bottom half hot pink with black leopard spots. To go along with the outfit I wore black, sparkly flatts and a black bow clip in my long straightened hair. I didn't forget to put on the mockingjay necklace either. I was ready for the red carpet.

"Now's the time to show Panem who you are." Jewles explained. "Be bright. Be spontanious. Be you!" she said before I entered onto the red carpet.
The cameras were flashing everywhere.
Me and Zander were to hold hands the whole time for the press. We didn't have to be told.
Sari, who was standing in front of us, glanced at me and gave out a little laugh.
I felt myself start to blush and made sure to send her a warning glance back.
I was hugged up against Zander the whole time. He was dressed up in a black tux and a black bow tie.
"I look sexy!" he said laughing.
I rolled my eyes and we kept walking, making sure the press got many pictures of us.
Finally, we entered a huge building, free of the press. It was probably where the training arena was located.
All the contests from the other districts were there too. I started to feel a little nervous, knowing that these were the people I would be fighting against in the arena.
Me and Zander stood in a corner examining our oponents, pointing out the ones who would most likely be the most skilled or least skilled.
That's when he leaned over and kissed me. Totally out of surprise. On the lips.
I hit him with my purse.
"Ow! What was that for?!" he wailed.
"Well what did you kiss me for?!" I asked him. I had no idea why I was so angry.
"Maybe because I really like you!" he said rubbing his arm. "What the heck do you carry in that thing?" he asked
I laughed and we started walking again.
All of a sudden my feet fell out from under me. A prissy black haired girl I remember being from distirct 2 or 3 tripped me.
Now I had something to be angry about. She gave me an evil smirk before starting to laugh.
"Think you're so cool now eh?" she said. "You better be scared because your first on my list of trash that needs taken out." she snapped before walking off.
I was about to hit her with my purse when an arm grabbed me.
It was Zander's.
"Don't waste your time." he said. "We're gonna kill her anyways."
She was at the top of my list.