Raining Droplets.

Tense.

“So what do we need exactly?” I asked.

Brayden held up the shopping list for only a split second over his shoulder before hiding it away from me again. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a shopping trolley from the trolley bay.

“Like I could read anything.” I muttered.

He turned around, walking backwards into the shop grinning. I raised an eyebrow a little confused how in the world he could do that and not be worried about falling over. Hell I was worried he could fall over.

“I know what we have to get, so just follow me.” He shrugged.
“As long as you stop walking backwards, then I’ll happily follow you.” I stated.
“You just want to stare at my ass.” He smirked.
“Oh, how did you guess?” I said in fake surprise bitting back a smile.

He laughed and stopped waiting for me to be by his side before he started walking again. I noticed that he almost automatically reached out for my hand before realising that he couldn’t. Seeing that made me smile. I wish I could hold his hand too, but it’s a bit hard if I’m pushing this annoying metal thing.

Slowly we headed around all the check outs and into the actual shop. Honestly I never really liked food shopping; I found it seriously boring but like most things Brayden made it liveable. And as we found out at lunch we didn’t have much food left at home; so we had no choice but to come here right now anyway...There was no way I would let Kellen do it on his own yesterday, it was a good thing he didn’t ask.

If...if he was to be here and have a fit, I dunno what could happen. For one he could really, really easily crack the back of his head open on the hard tiled flooring. I’ve seen him do that at home a few times in the kitchen and once in the bathroom, just remembering him laying there like that made my heart clinch and stomach churn. To see his head surrounded by blood...was more than scary.

It was completely fucking terrifying.

Because he has done it so many times he has a range of scars on the back of his head and also made the area easer to split open. I know that only small gashes can bleed a hell of a lot from the head, but still seeing my uncle like that...it was hard. Too hard.

Sighing lightly and shaking my head, I followed where Brayden led me into the bread/cake area. I kept my eyes on him as he moved, so I had less of a chance to falling into those thoughts again. He grabbed a couple of things and placed them in the trolley before spotting a container of ANZAC biscuits.

He looked at them for a moment before looking at me. Eyes wide and pleading.

I shrugged in a way that said ‘yeah grab them’. His face lit up along with a bright smile before he quickly grabbing one. I chuckled quietly; I knew that he would ask to get them before we even left the house. He loves those things way too much. Sometimes I wondered if he loved them more than me...

“I should have made a bet; I could have gotten some money.” I joked smiling.

He laughed walking past and gestured me to follow again. I spun the trolley around in the small area, pretty skilfully. I smiled and rushed after him before he walked down the first isle. I watched as he looked at the list and grabbed a couple of things as we headed past the items.

The look on his face was always fascinating when he was concentrating; it was downright cute to be honest.

Then again a lot of things that he did were cute from the smallest things to the silliest things. Would it be weird if I was proud to say I have one of the cutest boyfriends ever? I don’t think it is, though I’m sure everyone thinks of that about their loved ones.

“How come you’re always so bloody cute?” I said softly almost randomly.

Brayden stopped looking at the packets of sugar and turned to face me, head tilted to the side looking at me with wide curious eyes. I smiled softly and leant down a little so my arms were resting on the push bar of the trolley. I didn’t fail to notice the light pink tint covering his cheeks.

He never failed to blush when I randomly complemented or pointed out something about him.

“Where did that come from?” He chuckled almost shyly. “I’m not always cute.”
“Yeah you are, just like right now.” I smiled looking at him with soft eyes.
“I am not.” He snorted turning back around to hide his face.
“Then why are you blushing?” I asked.

Normally I wouldn’t ask him that out loud, but there was no one around us or even in this isle, so I can say what I wanted without some stupid idiot looking at us badly. It doesn’t bother me too much if they did but it does kind of always ruin the moment. Plus I don’t see why I have to wait until we are home to say that.

If I want to complement my boyfriend then I’ll bloody well do it, same as him with me.

I just managed to hear Brayden mumbled an ‘I am not’ as he tried to put his focus back into the wide range of sugar packets. Honestly I would just grab the cheapest store brand one...then again he’s probably taking his time to let his face go back to normal colour. I grinned happily.

Yeah Brayden always makes food shopping entertaining and liveable. To me he always makes things better then what they are.

Always.

+.+.+

I silently groaned looking at all of the shopping bags that were now placed on the kitchen table. Having them piled up on there like that made it look like there was more bags then what there really was.

I sighed and grabbed the closest one to me and pulled all the groceries out before slowly putting them away.

Brayden walked into the room with the last bag and started doing exactly what I was doing. If I was home alone I would have only put the cold food away for the time being. Call me lazy or whatever but I’m tired and our ‘small’ shopping trip turning into a long one. Honesty all I want to do is sit down.

Though I have to admit I did have fun shopping, it let me not worry as so much about Kellen being at the hospital having tests done right now. Which is what I really needed.

As I was putting away a bunch of food into the pantry, I felt hands settle down on both of my shoulders and started smoothing out the knots that have been tensed up for days there and in my neck.

Oh, fuck.

Unable to stop myself I breathed out a light moan leaning back into the touch more.

“Does that feel nice?” Brayden asked quietly.

I nodded almost dumbly as a shiver rippled down my spine. No it wasn’t nice, it was completely fucking lovely. It just felt so damn good with how tense I’ve been. I sighed lightly as my eyes fluttered closed. Since when has he been this good at massages? Why did I not know this? Why didn’t I ask him for something like this sooner?!

After a long moment he stopped. I opened my eyes and full on pouted. I wanted to complain about him stopping but he bet me to speaking.

“How about you go and sit down in the lounge room and I’ll put away the rest of the shopping?” He suggested quickly pecking my cheek.
“But-“
“There isn’t much left.” He pointed out. “I can continue this when I’m finished if you want.” He said rubbing his thumbs into my neck lightly.

Shivering I nodded as he let go of me. I turned to peck him on the lips and walked quickly to the lounge room. I heard him chuckled lightly before some bags rustled and cupboards clicked open. I sighed and fell down on the couch so I was mostly lying down with just my legs and arm hanging off and my face buried onto a cushion. It wasn’t the best position to flop myself into but it will do.

I hope Brayden is quick.

After what felt like ages, that probably wasn’t, I heard his soft footsteps enter the room followed by him laughing. I lifted my head up just enough to see the amused look on his face with two packets of chip and a large coke bottle in his arms. He placed the stuff on the coffee table, turned the TV on and turned to me.

He grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled lightly. Sighing I sat up but winced as my back crunched from the movement. Brayden winced as well just hearing it. Note to self, never flop onto the couch like that ever again.

“You alright?”
“Yeah.” I nodded.

Brayden let my hand go, grabbing a few cushions and set them down on the ground. He then sat down leaning back against the couch and looked back at me patting the spot between his legs. I smiled and happily moved.

“Hmm, too bad I wasn’t facing the other way.” I smirked patting his thigh.

The hit I received on the back of my head didn’t even hurt; it only made me laugh. Brayden whined loudly but I know he was smiling. I bet he was thinking the same thing...

“Take your shirt off.”
“And you hit me for what I said.” I stated slyly.
“Oh shut up.” He laughed. “You want a massage don’t you?”

I ripped my shirt off before he could even blink. He laughed before sliding his hands up my back to my shoulders. Another shiver ran it’s was down. As he started kneading again I let my eye close and leaned back into the touch.

“So what made you think of this?” I ask lightly after a few minutes.
“When we were shopping – even before that – I’ve noticed how tense you’ve been. You were that tense you were leaning over the shopping trolley like an old man at one point.” He muttered. “I remember mum saying I was good at massages and you need to relax, so why not?”

I hummed in agreement which got a chuckle from him. He moved his thumbs from the base of my neck into the middle of my shoulder blades. I couldn’t help but groan a bit loud at how nice that felt. I knew I was tense, but not this bad.

As the sound left my throat he stopped.

“Did I hurt-?”
“Do that again, don’t stop.” I quickly cut him off.

He dug the pads of his thumbs into my spine again and again and again. Who knew something so simple could be so fucking nice?

“Thank you for this.” I all but breathed out.

He quickly kissed the back of my neck.

“Anytime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I've been on holidays :)
Though I kinda had this written before I left...^^'
I hope you like it though.

I have two new oneshots that I posted last night. What We Both Have Here and Hold Me, Show Me Would anyone like to check them out?

Also do you like the new layout? :3
Comment and Subscribe?