Raining Droplets.

Heartache.

Slamming the car door behind me probably a bit too hard which was a habit of mine, I waited for the car to be empty before locking all the doors. Sighing I shoved the keys deep into my pocket and turned wondering towards the shopping centre doors.

Honestly, I didn’t really like the idea of us coming here, because of Kellen’s seizures. I never like the idea of him being in open public places at all since a doctor brought it up once. Really he should be at home where it was much safer, but if it cheered him up then I wasn’t going to say anything more. We argued about it enough before we left. I get the point that he wants out of the house for once, but still...

I don’t even want to think about it.

I shook my head and kept walking. I wasn’t even five cars down before two arms were around my neck as a body slammed into my back. I stumbled forward a step, but quickly gained balance and grabbed his legs to hold him up, saving him from landing flat on his ass on the pavement.

“A warning would be great next time, Brayden.” I muttered shuffling him up my back a little so I could carry his weight better.
“Warning!”

I rolled my eyes playfully starting to walk again. Kellen laughed warmly come up besides us keeping pace with me. I smiled but that turned out to a full on grin when Brayden kissed my cheek then rested his head on my shoulder.

“That cute I’m going to be sick.” Kellen groaned.

I glanced at him for the corner of my eye to see him smiling, eyes lit up and looking at us. I felt my cheeks warm up a little as I shifted my gaze back to the ground at my feet. The boy on my back giggled softly and tightens his hold on me as we headed across the street onto the walk path. Already we had a few people staring at us.

It’s like they have never seen anyone do this before. I shook my head and paid no attention. People stare at us all the time.

“Take a picture, it lasts longer.” Brayden muffled into my shirt.

I chuckled and nodded, agreeing. The locals really should learn that phase, if you ask me; they stare more than anyone else when people do these types of things. You see young kids and teens do this all the time, even in the shops. What was so odd about it?

Ignoring the looks, we headed into the building slowly making our way towards the supermarket in the middle. Once we got there we walked into the cafe that was opposite the supermarket. Being around nine in the morning it was pretty empty, which for me was a good thing. I hate sitting in cafes where you could hardly hear the person talking, which were sitting right next to you.

We stopped at the counter and I dropped Brayden’s legs, but he didn’t let go. He started to slip down so I grabbed his legs again turning my head as far as I could to see his face. He gave me a shy grin.

“Not until we sit down, this is too comfy.”

I chuckled and turned my head back around to see a lady smiling warmly at the three of us on the other side of the counter.

“I know what you two want, go get a table.” Kellen said before turning his attention to the lady to place our order.

I hesitated, but nodded and headed over to the closest table to the counter that wasn’t close to the couple tables that actually had people sitting at. I let go of one of Brayden’s legs to pull a chair out. I turned so our backs were facing the chair and bent down a little. He let go and landed perfectly in the chair.

Brayden let out a little cheer making me laugh and the small amount of people in here look at us. It wasn’t often we got that dead on unless it was done at home. Last time he almost fell on the floor, I still feel slightly bad for that, though he said it was fine. Brayden smiled up at me and gripped my arm to pull me down to his level.

He pecked my lips before letting go. I couldn’t help but smile then.

I pulled out the chair next to him and plopped down. My hand was taken in his before I could even say anything. Kellen walked over to the table and sat down across from me with a table number. He placed his phone on the table so if the hospital finally calls with the results from last week, he wouldn’t miss it.

I yawned lightly and rested my head in my free hand. Kellen looked at me slightly worried raising an eyebrow. I moved my gaze to the table number.

“Still not sleeping well?”

I held myself back from wincing but nodded not looking at Kellen in the eyes. I don’t like seeing the worry there. Brayden threaded his fingers through mine to hold my hand tighter.

“Depends on your definition of ‘well’.” I stated quietly.
“Explain.”
“I’ve been sleeping longer for the last couple of weeks, but like a rock, when I wake up I still feel tired.”
“He gets pretty restless too.” Brayden murmured.

Why do I have a sudden feeling that they both know how stressed, worried and tense I am?

I knew I wasn’t hiding it well, and that’s the one thing I didn’t want them to notice right now until we get the newest test results back. Not that I wanted them to know anyway, but I can’t hide emotions like that even if it was to save my life.

“That’s because your stressing too much to let you brain shut off properly.” Kellen sighed almost sounding sad.

I groaned and let my head fall hitting the table making a loud thud. I heard Brayden gasp and place his hand on my head to see if I was alright. I turned my head to the side so he could see that I was. As loud as the noise my face plant made, it didn’t hurt at all.

“Please don’t do that again.” Brayden frowned placing his head next to mine on the table top.
“I won’t.” I whispered.

I kissed his nose before sitting up chuckling at how cute he always looked when he scrunched his nose up after I did that. Kellen smiled softly but looked at me serious again.

“I’m sorry for making you so stressed.” He frowned.

I looked at him shocked before shaking my head and reaching across the table to take his hand in my free one.

“Don’t be, it’s natural for me and everyone to be stressed and worried right now about you.”
“I know, but still...”

I nodded understanding as I let go of his hand. It was the same with how bad I feel for making them worried about how stressed I was. No one can help it, but you still feel bad for it.

It was just a horrible circle of feelings really. We’re all stressed, which is making the rest worried, which is making them stress more, making the others worry more. If that made any sense what-so-ever.

“One mild coffee and two ice chocolates?” A lady suddenly asked standing besides Brayden.

Kellen nodded and she placed the drinks down on the table. Murmuring that our food won’t be long, she walked away. I watched as Brayden looked at his drink with wide shinny eyes before getting a spoon full of whipped cream, icecream and chocolate flakes that floated on the top. He shoved the whole spoon full into his mouth in one gulp, with a smile pulling on his lips.

Can this boy get anymore adorable?

“Well someone loves ice chocolates.” Kellen pointed out making me chuckle.

Brayden poked his tongue out with leftovers still there. Kellen made a face and looked away quickly. I laughed and quickly lent in to peck Brayden’s lips.

“Did you know you taste like icecream?”

+.+.+

Yawning quietly I stared at the TV bored, as per usual nothing interesting was on leaving me to watch Bondi Rescue, the same episode that I had seen five times already. I liked the show, but not that much.

Rolling my eyes I snatched the remote, turned the screen off and walked out the room after placing the remote on the arm of the armchair. I grumbled quietly to myself stepping into the kitchen, seeing Kellen making himself something to eat.

I poked his ribs walking past making him smile, heading towards my room. I stopped and leant against the door frame, watching Brayden as he was lying on our my bed on his stomach drawing while his feet waved in the air behind him. His mp3 was sitting next to him with the headphones on the mattress, turned up just loud enough for him to hear. I smiled softly and didn’t move until he eventually looked up at me.

“And what are you staring at?” He asked softly resting his head in his hands.
“My beautiful boyfriend.” I replied in the same soft tone.

A bright smile pulled at his lips as pink started to dust his cheeks. I grinned and moved off the door frame walking over to him. I sat down on the edge of the bed, glancing at the rough sketch on the book in front of him. I couldn’t really tell too much what it was off yet, but it looked like a person. It was obvious that he only just started it.

Brayden moved so he was sitting crossed legged and cupped my cheek. I smiled again and leant into the touch more. Before he could mould his lips with mine a loud crash, like glass smashing against the floor made us both jump.

“Chance!”

Without wasting a second I leaped off the bed as the high screeching beeping of Kellen’s necklace started ringing through the house. I was in the kitchen before the third beep went off and found Kellen, standing but half bent over holding onto the bench for support. I skidded to a stop besides him and grabbed him by the waist before his shaking hand lost grip of the bench top.

Slowly I lowered him to the floor, away from the broken plate, as he started gasping and clutched onto my shirt with almost an iron grip. Brayden was at my side within seconds and pulled Kellen’s legs out straight as he could before moving to his other side.

For a split second all I could hear was the beeping and the thumping of the blood pumping in my ears before Kellen groaned loudly, back arching. I tighten my grip slightly and pulled him to me so his shaking form was leaning against me.

“C-c-chance...C-I...I-“
“I’m right here, Kellen. I’m right here.”

He looked up at me with half unfocused eyes that reminded me of new born baby’s eyes. I could see it in his eyes that he was trying to fight it, trying to keep control while the seizure racked his body. Seeing that his eyes weren’t fully unfocused and gazing off into space, I knew that he was only suffering a small fit.

But still it was no less scary than a bad one.

“Chance...” Brayden called.

I looked up meeting his scared eyes before he glanced down. That when I noticed that Kellen was still holding a butter knife that he must have been using while making something to eat. My eyes widened as his hand jerked.

I leaped forward and pinned his arm down to the ground the best I could before he could do any damage. Brayden grabbed the knife and tried to take it out of his hand. His hand was all but rusted around the knife.

“He’s holding it so tight.” Brayden muttered trying to pry it from Kellen’s grip.

Kellen jerked violently one almost making me lose grip on him. He let out a loud frustrated scream that echoed the whole house making me wince and almost making my heart stop. I tightened my grip around his waist clutching him to me.

“It’s alright, you’re fine.” I said softly trying to keep him calm. “It will end soon.”

I kept muttering those words to him as I watched Brayden trying to get the butter knife out of his grip. He grabbed the knife with both hands and used his weight. The knife finally slid out of Kellen’s hand making Brayden land flat on his ass on the lino floor.

He threw the knife across the kitchen and reached for his medical necklace to turn the ear bleeding beeping off. I moved my free hand to Kellen’s hair running my fingers calmly through it. I learnt after a while that this helped him, I’m not sure why or ever asked. As long as it worked I didn’t care.

A few minutes went past before Kellen had stopped moving apart from shaking slightly. Slowly his ridged body started to relax against mine as his eye started to become clear but sleepy.

Me and Brayden silently watched as he eyes fluttered shut sleep taking over. When his breathing became calm and his hands stopped shaking, I let out one of the many breaths I didn’t notice holding in and clutched my uncle to my chest.

“Should we take him to the hospital?” Brayden whispered.
“No.” I shook my head. “The doctor said when he has ones like this; as long as he caused no injury to himself he should be fine to stay home.” I whispered voice cracking a couple of times.

I looked down at Kellen’s sleeping form before glancing up at Brayden.

I felt a warm tear fall from my eye before Brayden reached over gently whipping it away. I smiled sadly and managed to kiss his hand before he pulled it away.

Taking a shaky breath, I moved to be able to pick Kellen up to take him to his bed as Brayden started cleaning up the broken plate laying on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update :)
This chapter at the end was kinda hard to write, because of personal reasons. I hope it turned out alright :S

Comment and Subscribe?